Groups
    EXPIRED

YODEL the home delivery network - any more disgruntled customers?

I know there are lot of people out there who have been walked over by YODEL (yodel.co.uk) myself included, but just thought I would mention that there is a campaign on twitter to try and get BBC Watchdog to give their shocking delivery service some primetime exposure in hope that it will force them to close or improve their borderline criminal delivery service.

They have been renamed from HDNL & and from what I can make out have recently taken on a contract with DHL to deliver a slice of their stuff too!

If you could share your experience of Yodel with @NotYodel and/or #Yodel on twitter and maybe include the @twitterUserName or #comanpanyName of who uses them to deliver their merchandise to you, the customer, we might get some momentum going and get someone to listen to the many thousands of unhappy Yodel customers.

Many thanks

267 Comments

Yodel and DHL are in effect the smae company as one bought out the other last year, so they havent really 'taken on a contract' with DHL so much as they are DHL. Ive never had a problem with either. They are no more worse than Royal Mail who dont wait to get things signed, force stuf through letter boxes that dont fit etc.

Original Poster

Can't say I've ever had a problem with Royal Mail. Yodel on the other hand; just search Twitter for Yodel... There wouldn't be a campaign otherwise.

In the last few months I did notice the difference as the name yodel came up when delivering. The guy who delivers is local to me so they are using Tom,dicks and Harrys to do their job.

This guy who comes for my deliveries has delivered from dixons, CPW, PCWORLD etc. He is a total chav who can't talk properly and every other word contains the "F" word. Quite shocking really.

I must admit deliveries are taking a day longer than they used to.

Oh im not saying they arent poor, im aware of all the stuff in the papers etc and online stuff. But singling out one courier company when they all stoop to poor tactics and lack any sense of customer service seems pointless. There should be an investigation into them all, including royal mail!

I think it's down to yodel using homeworkers to do their work as opposed to purely employed by yodel. So not surprised the service is crap.

never had an issue with yodel or HDNL,

Due to the way this company operates, any issues people have are mostly location specific

Petition is a bit of a waste of time, Just report the problem, and move on with your life

they delivered my new iPhone at 7:30pm after I waited in all day for it - never dealt with them before or since though

I haven't really had a problem with Yodel. Hermes on the other hand, the tracking on a package stated delivery had been attempted even though I was in at the time and no card was left.... Had to wait 3 more days for it.

Original Poster

I think it may be location specific with Yodel. If you live within half an hour of their depots, then you're alright jack. On the other hand, if you don't, you just have to yodel.

Seriously though, we get loads of stuff through the post and never had a problem with Royal Mail, Herms, DHL or anyone else. All last week with Yodel though, tracking website says "Out for delivery" then in the afternoon "couldn't deliver on time, taking back to depot."

i maybe in the minority , but i've never had a problem with yodel

purple22

i maybe in the minority , but i've never had a problem with yodel

nope im with you, i've never had any problems with them!

I get the same bloke all the time and don't get any problems, I get stuff about 3 or 4 times a week and he always say it keeps him in a job

philmitchell

I get the same bloke all the time and don't get any problems, I get stuff … I get the same bloke all the time and don't get any problems, I get stuff about 3 or 4 times a week and he always say it keeps him in a job

same here , he delivers at the same time everytime

Banned

I think the biggest problem is with smaller items as they use all manner of people to deliver them, a van will drop them locally and you have to reply on someone doing it in their spare time.

I had a lady about 70 come to me with an AV Receiver 3 days late and ask me to get out of the backseat of her Ka. Another I waited in all day to get the dreaded 11:38 no one home on tracking though they had not been that time crops up all the time as it is a code for couldn't be arsed going....the delivery then happened at 9pm by another OAP 2 days later.....

It is disgusting and I am sick of complaining to Bestbuy and CPW over it, I will add my tuppeneth to the list.

Banned

Iv never had a problem with them.

Banned

dj_urban

Iv never had a problem with them.

I've never had any problem with the VAN service, just the 'agents' in the cars that do it around all manner of other things in their life, the pay is so bad they say, I do not know why they do it.

Banned

Never seen any of the agents at all ever.

They are a bunch of useless ****. I can't even remember the last time they managed to deliver something correctly. It's either late, or they can't find you (despite having delivered there numerous times before) or it's damaged or all of the above. I'm seriously considering not buying things from Amazon anymore because they're using these muppets.
    Edited by: "megalomaniac" 5th Sep 2011

I recently had a delivery by Yodel, I wasn't in to receive it, but he left his mobile number on the slip and I called him, he agreed a 1 hour slot to drop it off to me at my convenience, can't ask for more than that
    Edited by: "lizzy.p" 5th Sep 2011

ORDERED from marks last week. 3 different packages. 2 ordered on the 1st sep, one ordered on 31st aug. 31st aug and a second 1 sep still havent got here, whereas the items ordered on the 1st, which were sent by Royal Mail, were here by saturday.

fact that RM beat yodel is quite scary!

my Yodel guy who does CT4 is great, but I could write a book on some of the others. Amazon have always been great when I (for eg) explain that the parcel has been run over by a van and left it's imprint on the remains.

awful, used them for the first time and my parcel has been sitting in a depot for a week with them doing nothing to send it out or even return it.

city link on the other hand , shocking

Original Poster

Email from e2save -

"Hello and thanks for your email

I'm sorry you have experienced difficulties in recieving your parcel. Yodel have merged with DHL not very long ago and we are looking into the issues we are experiencing with them. I will be passing this on to somebody who deals with our contracts in terms to our deliveries."

Original Poster

They sound a bit like Marmite reading the comments. Either go to the ends of the Earth, or treat you like trash!

Ordered a cotbed from Littlewoods due for delivery Today actually arrived on Saturday. Courier guy carried into the house as well i can't complain.

Original Poster

newbie1001

Ordered a cotbed from Littlewoods due for delivery Today actually arrived … Ordered a cotbed from Littlewoods due for delivery Today actually arrived on Saturday. Courier guy carried into the house as well i can't complain.

Get out'a town... you must be a PR rep from Yodel !!!

MadeInBeats

Get out'a town... you must be a PR rep from Yodel !!!

LOL - I doubt they're that organised. This is a company that can't even find my work address with any sort of consistency, they really should be able to given that it's world renowned and has it's own sodding postcode. (_;)
    Edited by: "megalomaniac" 5th Sep 2011

Original Poster

megalomaniac

LOL - I doubt they're that organised.

He forgot to kiss the baby though. The official Yodel photographer who went along on the job must have been fuming!!

Edited by: "MadeInBeats" 5th Sep 2011

megalomaniac

LOL - I doubt they're that organised. This is a company that can't even … LOL - I doubt they're that organised. This is a company that can't even find my work address with any sort of consistency, they really should be able to given that it's world renowned and has it's own sodding postcode. (_;)

This parcel contains

Cat No:UQ186, BERKSHIRE COT BED ONE COLOUR ONE SIZE, QTY (1)
    Latest tracking information

01/09/2011
    23:57
    Order being processed at WREXHAM D

02/09/2011
    20:49
    Despatched from WREXHAM D

02/09/2011
    22:56
    Sorted at PRIME SORT

03/09/2011
    03:30
    Received at LEEDS DEPO

03/09/2011
    08:16
    Loaded onto van at LEEDS VAN

03/09/2011
    11:58
    Parcel delivered CUSTOMER

Original Poster

Lol, we were only pull'in your leg mate. Checked the tracking on my parcel at around 3pm today, and surprise surprise "Unable to deliver in timely manor" and was taken back to depot. 7 days late now, there is no excuse. Absolutely f'ing disgusting.

Wow apparantly my pacel has moved, from the depot to the same depot oO

Received into Glasgow Depot
    at 16:07, Mon, 05 Sep 2011
    Parcel Collected by Glasgow Van
    14:30, Mon, 05 Sep 2011
    Received into Glasgow Depot
    22:08, Tue, 30 Aug 2011
    Failed Pick-Up at Glasgow Van (Out of Time)
    21:57, Tue, 30 Aug 2011
    Received at Newsagents
    10:35, Mon, 29 Aug 2011
    Delivery booked
    20:52, Sun, 28 Aug 2011

Original Poster

littlepinkstarz

Wow apparantly my pacel has moved, from the depot to the same depot … Wow apparantly my pacel has moved, from the depot to the same depot oOReceived into Glasgow Depotat 16:07, Mon, 05 Sep 2011Parcel Collected by Glasgow Van14:30, Mon, 05 Sep 2011Received into Glasgow Depot22:08, Tue, 30 Aug 2011Failed Pick-Up at Glasgow Van (Out of Time)21:57, Tue, 30 Aug 2011Received at Newsagents10:35, Mon, 29 Aug 2011Delivery booked20:52, Sun, 28 Aug 2011

HAHA, check out my p*ss-take so far... Tomorrow will be the 5TH time it's been out for delivery !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Transit (MANCHESTER SERVICE CENTRE) 5th Sep 2011 17:28
    Unable to gain timely access (MANCHESTER SERVICE CENTRE) 5th Sep 2011 15:52
    Out for delivery (MANCHESTER SERVICE CENTRE) 5th Sep 2011 07:27
    Scanned as part of secure process (MANCHESTER SERVICE CENTRE) 5th Sep 2011 06:50
    In Transit (MANCHESTER SERVICE CENTRE) 3rd Sep 2011 06:13
    In Transit (MANCHESTER SERVICE CENTRE) 2nd Sep 2011 20:09
    Unable to gain timely access (MANCHESTER SERVICE CENTRE) 2nd Sep 2011 17:35
    Out for delivery (MANCHESTER SERVICE CENTRE) 2nd Sep 2011 10:05
    Possible delay, vehicle breakdown (MANCHESTER SERVICE CENTRE) 1st Sep 2011 20:15
    Out for delivery (MANCHESTER SERVICE CENTRE) 1st Sep 2011 09:20
    Scanned as part of secure process (MANCHESTER SERVICE CENTRE) 1st Sep 2011 08:44
    In Transit (MANCHESTER SERVICE CENTRE) 31st Aug 2011 20:14
    In Transit (MANCHESTER SERVICE CENTRE) 31st Aug 2011 15:36
    Unable to gain timely access (MANCHESTER SERVICE CENTRE) 31st Aug 2011 14:26
    Out for delivery (MANCHESTER SERVICE CENTRE) 31st Aug 2011 10:09
    Scanned as part of secure process (MANCHESTER SERVICE CENTRE) 31st Aug 2011 08:48
    In Transit (MANCHESTER SERVICE CENTRE) 31st Aug 2011 05:42
    Arrived At Depot (MANCHESTER SERVICE CENTRE) 31st Aug 2011 04:39
    Load Transfer Receipt (SANDWELL SERVICE CENTRE) 30th Aug 2011 14:26
    Parcel data received awaiting coll. (LICHFIELD SERVICE CENTRE) 30th Aug 2011 00:00
    Edited by: "MadeInBeats" 5th Sep 2011

That is bad, at least yours is moving somewhere, mines seems to have went for a wee wonder and returned back there. Im gonna have to call them tomorrow rather than e-mailing because its taking the **** now.

Have you got in contact with them again?

Have a mention in the HP Touchpad and Pre thread, it's masses of reading, but I saw a few problems with Yodel. Including somebody who had ordered 2 touchpads, on receipt the box had been tampered with and one was missing, and 1 or two others who had apparently signed for their parcels...only they hadn't!! Might be worth adding to the thread as I believe Carphone Warehouse, and possibly Dixons Currys etc used this service.

quite a lot of companies use them now because of the collect plus company they have, love them or hate them you cannot avoid them.

Original Poster

twitter.com/!/NotYodel

I brought a HUGE item on ebay which was collection only.

Used yodel through parcel2go.com noticed the system was a 1meter limit lengh with yodel, so just put 1 meter in on the options..

Anyway for £6 the parcel was collected from the ebayer and delivered to me, with no issues..

It was actually 1.3 meters long, by 50, by 50 which is well over the max size parcel for yodel.. No problems, or excess charges...

I am made up with them..

ThePasty

Yodel and DHL are in effect the smae company as one bought out the other … Yodel and DHL are in effect the smae company as one bought out the other last year, so they havent really 'taken on a contract' with DHL so much as they are DHL. Ive never had a problem with either. They are no more worse than Royal Mail who dont wait to get things signed, force stuf through letter boxes that dont fit etc.

The good thing about Royal Mail is their collection offices are often near city/town centres because they have been around a lot longer, whereas their competitors are usually in industrial parks nearer the countryside, so it is difficult to collect parcels without a car.

And yeah, DHL sold their UK delivery network to HDNL, who then renamed themselves to Yodel. I have no real problem with Yodel/HDNL either, but I get the impression they work differently to a traditional courier... all previous deliveries I have had from them were from people in cars or taxis. I'm not sure where the parcels end up when they fail to deliver them.

Been told my parcel will be delivered tomorrow - i dont really feel like having high hopes that it will be. Tired of being told from them sorry for the inconvenience/we will look into it. Id rather have my postage refunded to make up for it as it hasnt took the 3-5 days to deliver, it is now day 8.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Help Feed a Homeless Animal for Free1608651
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047187
      3. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.918
      4. One thing you've forgotten79

See more discussions