Expired

Yodel - Worst Courier company ever

Found 13th Jan 2012
Placed an order on Monday with Toolstation who offer next day delivery as standard, its now Friday and no sign of the order, Toolstation gave me a tracking number that shows the parcel arrived at the Nantgarw depot on the Tuesday morning and was then passed to some courier for delivery. It was out for delivery by 8am Tuesday and then a message at 10am "no parcel but data" and nothing whatsoever since.
Have contacted Toolstation who said they would chase it up and get back to me but not heard anything from them and Yodel basically say the same, looking into it and will be delivered as soon as possible.

Yodel are S**te and having read reviews elsewhere I am not alone, every company has problems from time to time and you can find bad reviews about most companies, but Yodel seem to get really bad reviews at an alarming rate.

Toolstation if they want to grow their on line business will quickly need to dump Yodel and find someone else as their service is appalling and the next day delivery not worth a w**k, its back to screwfix for me, over £4500 spend there in the last 6 months and not one problem with delivery so far and their local depots are top notch also.
Community Updates
MiscCourierYodel
66 Comments
I can't knock them, placed an order with a company at Noon yesterday parcel turned up 5 mins ago.
Paddy_o_furniture

I can't knock them, placed an order with a company at Noon yesterday … I can't knock them, placed an order with a company at Noon yesterday parcel turned up 5 mins ago.

Maybe its down to the individual depots then, also told today that Yodel often dont do the last leg but contract out to individuals in plain vehicles to deliver, what a shambles.
margamboy

Maybe its down to the individual depots then, also told today that Yodel … Maybe its down to the individual depots then, also told today that Yodel often dont do the last leg but contract out to individuals in plain vehicles to deliver, what a shambles.

Think they probably do use subbies, but I can't knock the service I've had from them.
Paddy_o_furniture

I can't knock them, placed an order with a company at Noon yesterday … I can't knock them, placed an order with a company at Noon yesterday parcel turned up 5 mins ago.

Same here, ordered though drinkstuff yesterday with standard post, turned up at 1pm today with yodal! quite happy with them around here
yodel good here too, lovely guys that deliver to me!
Agreed, just look at this:

Delivered (BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE) 11th Jan 2012 14:09
Out for delivery (BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE) 11th Jan 2012 07:00
Re-Sealed By Yodel (BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE) 10th Jan 2012 10:13
In Transit (BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE) 7th Jan 2012 00:14
Unable to gain timely access (BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE) 6th Jan 2012 19:01
DELIVERED - Left as authorised (BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE) 6th Jan 2012 18:15
DELIVERED - Left as authorised (BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE) 6th Jan 2012 18:15
Out for delivery (BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE) 6th Jan 2012 07:48
In Transit (BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE) 6th Jan 2012 00:28
Unable to gain timely access (BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE) 5th Jan 2012 20:01
Delay on courier route. (BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE) 5th Jan 2012 20:00
Out for delivery (BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE) 5th Jan 2012 07:43
Unable to gain timely access (BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE) 4th Jan 2012 20:01
Delay on courier route. (BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE) 4th Jan 2012 20:00
Out for delivery (BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE) 4th Jan 2012 09:48
Arrived At Depot (BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE) 4th Jan 2012 00:15
In Transit (BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE) 4th Jan 2012 00:05
Arrived At Depot (BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE) 3rd Jan 2012 17:24
Unable to locate (BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE) 3rd Jan 2012 16:25
Out for delivery (BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE) 3rd Jan 2012 07:25
Arrived At Depot (BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE) 3rd Jan 2012 03:25
In Transit (BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE) 3rd Jan 2012 03:14
Departed Depot (WEDNESBURY HUB) 2nd Jan 2012 22:56
Arrived At Depot (WEDNESBURY HUB) 2nd Jan 2012 22:56
Parcel data received awaiting coll. (HAYES SERVICE CENTRE) 30th Dec 2011 00:00
I had a similar problem I have emailed Toolstation and said the same thing, every time my order is handled by DHL/Yodel there are problems. The worst was a next day delivery that took six days!

Delivered 28/11/11 20:42 me ASHTON SERVICE CENTRE
Out for delivery 28/11/11 08:20 ASHTON SERVICE CENTRE
In transit but possible delay 23/11/11 14:07 ASHTON SERVICE CENTRE
In Transit 23/11/11 ASHTON SERVICE CENTRE
Arrived At Depot 23/11/11 09:46 ASHTON SERVICE CENTRE
Re-routed to another courier 23/11/11 ASHTON SERVICE CENTRE
Departed Depot 23/11/11 03:22 WEDNESBURY HUB
Arrived At Depot 23/11/11 03:20 WEDNESBURY HUB
Parcel data received awaiting coll. 22/11/11 TAUNTON SERVICE CENTRE
Edited by: "danmc" 13th Jan 2012
They are either VERY GOOD or VERY POOR .........So far mine's been very good...oO
whatsThePoint

if you were happy with screwfix why use toolstation?

First time to ever use them, was reading through their mag whilst over a mates house and there were 2 items in there at a good price point and with the free next day delivery service, ordered there and then off the phone.
Mines really poor, the bloke is just plain rude, really seems to have a problem, he literally throws the parcels at me. Once last year when he was supposed to collect, he didn't turn up for over a week,when I asked him why he hadn't been his answer was "I don't go out in the snow" I was like wtf,
Hermes suck, go on youtube and see how they handle packages.

People have had packages left behind dustbins, behind bushes, 1 person no joke, i read on a forum that she found her package in her dustbin!, yes... inside it!

But the drives are literally only paid like 50p-£1 a parcel, still gives them no right.

People have said they don't even bother knocking, as some people have said that they were at home waiting for the parcel and it never turned up, only for them to ring up Hermes and the person on the other end told them that it was delivered.

Saw a video on youtube, they were throwing parcels from 1 van to another, literally flying through the air, They did a little piece of Hermes on watchdog.

After all i read about Hermes, i bought an Xbox 360 off of Ebay and the person sent it through Hermes, although it took 3 days, came perfectly fine
It's 38p per package.

Look on the amazon deal forum.

Theres a couple thousand response long petition to scrap Yodel.

Some drivers are alright, others are horrific.
I was concerned when i had something expensive ordered that was coming by yodel, but it arrived okay.
My usual Yodel driver is extremely pleasant and works hard to get deliveries here on time - I've had him knock at my door at 10 to 10 at night and said he still had about 40 odd deliveries still to make. We may as well be best friends considering how many times we've seen each other over the Christmas period with ordering lots of things online. He even acknowledges Yodel's downfalls - my flatmate should have had a parcel delivered some time ago and it only arrived earlier this week along with something for me and I said it should have turned up a bit ago and he replied 'Yeah, last year!'.

Had some new guy from Yodel deliver something a day or two ago and he practically chucked the parcel at me and snatched the PDA away from me before I had chance to give him back the stylus.

It all comes down to who is delivering for you.
Not had any problems with Yodel, for deliveries or collections.
We have lovely delivery drivers from Yodel - even the girl that answers the phone has delivered a parcel to me on her way home when I was not in for the original delivery!! - Well above the call of duty me thinks. Saying that, I only live around 3 miles from the local depot.
Edited by: "maccy1" 13th Jan 2012
Yodel have always been reliable here, it's Home delivery network that you should worry about and royal mail.
paulwilly

Yodel have always been reliable here, it's Home delivery network that you … Yodel have always been reliable here, it's Home delivery network that you should worry about and royal mail.

They are now part of Yodel, from what I have been reading this is when the problems started to get worse, trying to merge the company processes , staff etc, its been a bit of a mess in some areas.

And its really funny, I can honestly say I never had any problems with HDL.
Edited by: "margamboy" 13th Jan 2012
I think each road should have an old person who volunteers to take everybody's parcels when they are out. Pay them a little bit less than it costs to attempt delivery again and everyone wins.
paulwilly

Yodel have always been reliable here, it's Home delivery network that you … Yodel have always been reliable here, it's Home delivery network that you should worry about and royal mail.

lol, yodel ARE Home delivery network!!!
Couldnt agree more. Yodel are truly the worst couriers ever....I'm also waiting on parts for my car being delivered by them.
They are crap.......3000+ petition on amazon.co.uk to try and get amazon to stop using them, encouraging members to cancel amazon orders when they see its coming via Yodel / HDNL which is exactly what I do now after they cocked up 2 orders in November and lost each for over a week
Strange, I got my delivery from Toolstation this morning via good old royal mail.

So not quite sure what has happened to the Yodel order, it looks like toolstation have sent out another order direct with Royal mail - So thumbs up to TS
Absolute garbage! They first claimed my parcel was undeliverable, then said it was infact delivered, when I asked to see a signature they changed their minds again and said the delivery driver had gotten mixed up with another parcel in my street and mines was now 'lost.' Awaiting Amazon shipping a replacement...when it come back in to stock!!
Had one experience with Yodel and once was enough. Ordered an expensive pair of boots which they kindly delivered when I was out and posted a card through to advise. Card stated "parcel left behind back gate". Went to collect goods and guess what .. they'd gone! My home backs onto a busy road so everyman and his dog would have seen the courier but the box there so why he thought it was logical and safe to do so is a mystery! Thankfully I got a full refund but would I have faith in receiving goods via Yodel again? Probably not.
I fully agree that Yodel are cr.p. I should of had a delivery by midday on Monday so took time off work. It did not turn up so a revised date for Wed by midday was agreed. Chased them all afternoon as once again I had taken time off work with my last call to them at 6.55pm. The parcel did not turn up. I have been on the phone to-day and they are saying it was delivered yesterday.

I have told them that it definitely was not delivered to my address or a neighbours and have given them until Monday to sort.

If by Monday they have not sorted it, I will go to the depot and sort the lying driver myself.
absolute JOKE company, Had a rare vintage Bristol sign being delivered to me - tracked and traced all the way form London to Bristol, tracking info said signed for and delivered to me however nothing ever received, I was sitting at home waiting for parcel at time it had been said delivered. When chased up could not find signature and had 'lost' parcel - More like stolen. Incredibly hard to contact and awful, awful service - Bunch of thieves.
Yes, Yodel is the worst service I have ever seen!!! EVER SEEN! WORST! If I knew that the parcel will be delivered this way from ARGOS I would NEVER buy anything! Real pain in the ass!
I agree - Yodel are absolute rubbish. I've been waiting in all day for a phone to be delivered. At 1506 I received two texts, one saying my package was out for delivery and would be with me by 1730. The next told me that they had attempted to deliver and left a card, with a reference to a website to rearrange. I've been sat in a room by the front door - no attempted delivery, no card, no way to speak to a human, no use whatsoever. I've wasted a day. Why do companies use crappy delivery agents like this?
The no 01 worst courier service ever i head experience in the u.k.
waited whole day at home no parcel but finally tracking system showing no one is available to take the parcel
try to contact them 15 mins 06 secs no answer just they are making money for phoneline
crap. recieved a note "sorry i missed you" it wasnt even posted through the letter box!! it was slotted in between my front doors!!!! WTH?! what if it had been blown away?!

there is NO WAY to getting hold of them! calls costing 10p a minute and been on hold for almost 30minutes!!! FRUSTRATING!!!!
4 orders from 4 separate companies all using these inept time wasting idiots in the space of TWO WEEKS. and ALL FOUR did not arrive on the day stated. Two did not even arrive on the day after wither. Yodel seem to believe we have nothing better to do than sit on our 'arris indoors from 8am to 9pm waiting for them not to bother arriving,.

JOKE COMPANY! I'm now boycotting all businesses who use them.
Edited by: "Masterace" 6th Aug 2012
ryan2801

Two did not even arrive on the day after wither. Yodel seem to believe … Two did not even arrive on the day after wither. Yodel seem to believe we have nothing better to do than sit on our 'arris indoors from 8am to 9pm waiting for them not to bother arriving,. JOKE COMPANY! I'm now boycotting all businesses who use them.

What's 'wither'? Is it some sort of religious festival or something?
No it's a euphemism for my withering patience.
My worst experience is still from My Hermes. a week late & full of water because 'I keep the parcels in my garage & it flooded'
It's not looking good for Yodel. Ordered a phone from 'mobile.co.uk' and was given a choice of two couriers that would deliver within 48 hours. After 72 hours, three messages to Yodel and 10 minutes at hanging on the phone before I gave up (10p per minute), the parcel has still not been delivered and Yodel have not made any contact. The tracking status is showing 'No Parcel But Data' - What the hell does that mean!?
n transit but possible delay 13/08/12 10:44 BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE
Parcel returned to delivery depot 10/08/12 BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE
Unable to locate 10/08/12 BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE
Out for delivery 10/08/12 08:34 BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE
Parcel returned to delivery depot 09/08/12 BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE
Unable to locate 09/08/12 NULL BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE
Unable to locate 09/08/12 BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE
Unable to locate 09/08/12 BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE
Out for delivery 09/08/12 03:38 BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE
In transit but possible delay 08/08/12 11:13 BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE
Possible delay, incomplete address 08/08/12 11:13 BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE
Unable to gain timely access 08/08/12 09:56 NULL BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE
Out for delivery 08/08/12 05:00 NULL BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE
Out for delivery 08/08/12 05:00 NULL BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE
Out for delivery 08/08/12 05:00 BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE
Parcel returned to delivery depot 07/08/12 BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE
Unable to locate 07/08/12 BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE
Out for delivery 07/08/12 09:46 BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE
In transit but possible delay 06/08/12 11:35 BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE
Passed to courier for delivery. 03/08/12 13:40 BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE
Passed to courier for delivery. 02/08/12 11:04 BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE
In transit but possible delay 01/08/12 12:49 BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE
In Transit 01/08/12 NULL BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE
Out for delivery 01/08/12 12:29 BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE
Re-routed to another courier 01/08/12 BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE
Arrived At Depot 01/08/12 07:01 BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE
Out for delivery 01/08/12 05:00 BRISTOL SERVICE CENTRE
Departed Depot 01/08/12 03:08 WEDNESBURY HUB
Arrived At Depot 01/08/12 03:08 WEDNESBURY HUB
Parcel data received awaiting coll. 31/07/12 SHEFFIELD SERVICE CENTRE

thats what im putting up with now ordered trainers sports direct 3 day delivery time carnt even find my address sent about 8 emails asking them to get in contact no response
Mikey91

It all comes down to who is delivering for you.

+ 1 + 1 + 1 + 1

Seems this company employs many ignorami.

They delivered a parcel to my home but refused to leave it as my 16 years old daughter did not have proof of ID and I was out at the supermarket. I am Chinese, the parcel is addressed to a Chinese name, my daughter looks/is Chinese and there are no other family living in my bungalow/loft/ under the floor-boards as far as I know in the last 20 years to the present day who also have Chinese names, so why does he not think the delivery is not correct ?????

Arrived home 10 minutes after the Yodel delivery man departed, so tried to contact Yodel to check if the van was still in the near vicinity and redeliver or I could drive to meet the delivery if necessary. It took 35 minutes to actually get through to QUEUE for the next Customer Service personnel. I waited another 25 minutes and still no representative available (because they were very busy), so I hung up the phone.............................................................

The OP "Yodel - Worst Courier company ever" in my personal opinion is a vast under-statement, if anyone have any doubts, try telephoning 0800 1577777 and see if you can manage to speak to anyone...........................OR go online yodel.co.uk/ and try finding the nearest Service Centre.

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants