Yorkshire Wildlife Park - Anyone been?

Found 28th May 2015
I'm thinking of taking the children to Yorkshire wildlife park tomorrow.
Has anyone been, is it a full day out, is it worth the ticket price?
Any offers that anyone knows about would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Community Updates
9 Comments
I love it and much prefer it to Chester zoo. We went last saturday, arrived at 11 am and left around 4pm. We got round everything including indoor/outdoor play area and stopped for a picnic but we have been before and know our way around. It never seems too busy either. You get to go right in some of the enclosures, they are like walk through ones for the wallaby, lemur, monkeys etc. They have 2 polar bears now and we always manage to see the lions and tigers. our faves are the giraffes though x
Really enjoyed it when I went a bit ago (I'm 25, but a big kid!)

The animals seems really well looked after, lions as well as others have loads of space to roam so sometimes you might not be able to get 'up close' to some of them, but would rather this than them been shoved in a box!

Take note of the feeding times as they are educational. They also have part where you can walk through a load of trees and see all the lemurs above you
I don't know of any offers on at the moment but in summer they have these safari nights where the park opens until 9pm and there are bangless fireworks at the end. There is usually tickets for this event on groupon which work out around half price. Think it may have been 5pm we left actually so you can make a full day out of it
Original Poster
Many thanks.
I'm told there's three new cubs so we'll go tomorrow.
Thanks again.
I went a few weeks ago , its a lovely park very clean and some parts are set in wooded areas , so its nice walking between the animals. my little girl is three and got bored walking so much , its rough gravel path too and the animals are a fair distance apart . like the op said the giraffes are lovely but in my opinion there's not enough different animals
Original Poster
Oh, mine are thirteen and eleven.
The youngest [girl] will love it, the boy I'm not so sure
did you like it? i feel like a right meanie giving the only so-so review
Original Poster
We enjoyed it.
I went with my brother in law and five kids incl. a baby and despite being made to feel like a leper for having a picnic with us, ie signs everywhere that you can't use tables unless you buy something [raining so couldn't sit outside], it was good value.
A good measure of a place for me is whether I'd convert the tickets to annual passes; it wasn't that good but a great day out.
Edited by: "willhay555" 29th May 2015
willhay555

We enjoyed it.I went with my brother in law and five kids incl. a baby … We enjoyed it.I went with my brother in law and five kids incl. a baby and despite being made to feel like a leper for having a picnic with us, ie signs everywhere that you can't use tables unless you buy something [raining so couldn't sit outside], it was good value.A good measure of a place for me is whether I'd convert the tickets to annual passes; it wasn't that good but a great day out.

we took a picnic too , its not a day out without a picnic for my little girl :-) glad you had a nice time
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants