You can no longer buy US PSN from amazon.com

Banned 33
Found 7th Apr 2014
They now lock your account and cancel the order if the address doesn't match the address on the card.

Gutted.

33 Comments

What are you asking us?

Original Poster Banned

oliverkennedy10

What are you asking us?

I'm just making people aware?

Original Poster Banned

I'm annoyed because i have $30 promotional credit on my amazon account and no way to spend it!

jaydog69

I'm annoyed because i have $30 promotional credit on my amazon account … I'm annoyed because i have $30 promotional credit on my amazon account and no way to spend it!

Buy a gift card & send it to a charity in the US.

Original Poster Banned

You can't use promotional credit to buy gift vouchers

Was there much of a saving per game jaydog?

is this limited to just PSN or does it effect PC games as well? And when you say account locked is that Amazon account or PSN?

Original Poster Banned

Amazon account gets locked with any digital code. it's because you're billing address doesn't match the card. they unlock it when you confirm the correct address on live chat but then it locks again when you buy again. they also cancel the purchase. it's crap.

jaydog69

Amazon account gets locked with any digital code. it's because you're … Amazon account gets locked with any digital code. it's because you're billing address doesn't match the card. they unlock it when you confirm the correct address on live chat but then it locks again when you buy again. they also cancel the purchase. it's crap.

Yet you tried it on four separate occasions!

[ hotukdeals.com/dea…094 ]

mardavrio

Really can't buy anymore ...? Have you had your account locked jaydog ? … Really can't buy anymore ...? Have you had your account locked jaydog ? Or is someone else willing to try lol ? I've used this process several times but not in the last few months .

jaydog69

Yeah it's happened 4 times lol they unlock my account, then when I order … Yeah it's happened 4 times lol they unlock my account, then when I order again, it's locked, so I go on live chat, give them my card billing address in the UK then it gets unlocked!

Original Poster Banned

jaydog69

Amazon account gets locked with any digital code. it's because you're … Amazon account gets locked with any digital code. it's because you're billing address doesn't match the card. they unlock it when you confirm the correct address on live chat but then it locks again when you buy again. they also cancel the purchase. it's crap.

mardavrio

Really can't buy anymore ...? Have you had your account locked jaydog ? … Really can't buy anymore ...? Have you had your account locked jaydog ? Or is someone else willing to try lol ? I've used this process several times but not in the last few months .

jaydog69

Yeah it's happened 4 times lol they unlock my account, then when I order … Yeah it's happened 4 times lol they unlock my account, then when I order again, it's locked, so I go on live chat, give them my card billing address in the UK then it gets unlocked!

Your point being??

fanpages

Yet you tried it on four separate occasions!...

jaydog69

Your point being??

Was the first, second, or third attempt not enough warning?

Original Poster Banned

fanpages

Yet you tried it on four separate occasions!...

jaydog69

Your point being??

Each time they said I was ok to order?

Original Poster Banned

Ok, account unlocked again. So what am I doing wrong?

jaydog69

Well I may be wrong but the clue here :

Note: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the … Note: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address.

Might be a bit of a giveaway.

Just a wild stab in the dark mind........

Original Poster Banned

jaydog69

Note: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the … Note: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address.

Well when everyone else can seem to order them, I'm simply asking if there's a different way to do this?

No need to be sarcastic is there?

This is pretty simple to circumvent, use a virtual prepaid US card like Entropay, use a US Address to link the card too.
Edited by: "haritori" 7th Apr 2014

Original Poster Banned

haritori

This is pretty simple to circumvent, use a virtual prepaid US card like … This is pretty simple to circumvent, use a virtual prepaid US card like Entropay, use a US Address to link the card too.

What, any address?

Original Poster Banned

haritori

This is pretty simple to circumvent, use a virtual prepaid US card like … This is pretty simple to circumvent, use a virtual prepaid US card like Entropay, use a US Address to link the card too.

You need to add funds to the card to display the card number, so it won't work.

jaydog69

You need to add funds to the card to display the card number, so it won't … You need to add funds to the card to display the card number, so it won't work.

I mean actually buy using the prepaid card, this is how I get Hulu, I have a random US address (no sales tax address) i top up the card with funds and use it to pay for HULU, i dont see why it wouldnt work for Amazon or any US service for that matter. infact you could link it straight to your US PSN account.
Edited by: "haritori" 7th Apr 2014

Original Poster Banned

haritori

I mean actually buy using the prepaid card, this is how I get Hulu, I … I mean actually buy using the prepaid card, this is how I get Hulu, I have a random US address (no sales tax address) i top up the card with funds and use it to pay for HULU, i dont see why it wouldnt work for Amazon or any US service for that matter. infact you could link it straight to your US PSN account.

They charge you a percentage though. I have $30 in my amazon.com account that I need to spend! Looks like I can't order digital items, but I can order physical items and they will dispatch to overseas.

I just need to find something to buy worth $30 lol

jaydog69

They charge you a percentage though. I have $30 in my amazon.com account … They charge you a percentage though. I have $30 in my amazon.com account that I need to spend! Looks like I can't order digital items, but I can order physical items and they will dispatch to overseas.I just need to find something to buy worth $30 lol

What I am saying though is once the Virtual Card, With US address is linked to Amazon they will let you buy anything with the $30.00 credit.

the percentage charge is very minimal though.

Original Poster Banned

haritori

What I am saying though is once the Virtual Card, With US address is … What I am saying though is once the Virtual Card, With US address is linked to Amazon they will let you buy anything with the $30.00 credit.the percentage charge is very minimal though.

That's great, but first I need to add $20 + 5% to the card which defeats the purpose of doing this lol

I have a suggestion. Move to the US.

Original Poster Banned

gmdlogan

I have a suggestion. Move to the US.

Brilliant. Well done. Hope that made you feel like a real man!

Let me get this right.
You came asking advice on how to do something you're not meant to be doing in the first place then started getting pissy with people?

jaydog69

Brilliant. Well done. Hope that made you feel like a real man!

Makes me feel huuuuuuuge. Notice I put the overemphasized letter in the right place??

StevenBrown

Let me get this right.You came asking advice on how to do something … Let me get this right.You came asking advice on how to do something you're not meant to be doing in the first place then started getting pissy with people?

Pissy, I like that word. ****

Ha. Minus the y is a naughty!

Original Poster Banned

gmdlogan

Makes me feel huuuuuuuge. Notice I put the overemphasized letter in the … Makes me feel huuuuuuuge. Notice I put the overemphasized letter in the right place??

Whatever floats your boat...

My ships sails for England. I also have a pedalo. Goes like the clappers.

Original Poster Banned

gmdlogan

My ships sails for England. I also have a pedalo. Goes like the clappers.

That's not even funny.

jaydog69

That's not even funny.

Soz.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions