You can now make Percy Pig bars at home as M&S release recipe

Lead deal editor5
Posted 3rd Jun
For those that are Percry Pig crazy and need a fix, M&S have released their recipe to make Percy Pig bars at home.

Personally it's not much different to Rice Krispies with a few Percy Pigs thrown in BUT for those who want to know how to do it, what ingredients etc, then look below!

Something to keep the kids busy anyhow.. 🐷

All you'll need to make them are:

• 40grams butter
  • 250grams M&S mini marshmallows - two bags
  • 125grams M&S Percy Pig dessert sauce
  • 100grams Rice Krispies or equivalent rice pop cereal
  • 170grams bag M&S Percy Pigs, chopped/torn into small pieces

Method:

1. Line a large square baking tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Melt the butter over a low heat in a large saucepan, stirring until completely melted.
3. Add 200g mini marshmallows into the saucepan, keeping 50g reserved to decorate.
4. Store carefully until all completely melted. Take off the heat.
5. Stir in the Rice Krispies until completely covered in the marshmallow mixture.
6. Add in 125g of the torn up Percy pigs and stir gently.
7. Carefully press into the baking tin until flat and even.
8. Top with the remaining 50g mini marshmallows and 45g Percy Pig sweets, lightly pressing into the mixture.
9. Chill in the fridge for at least four hours, ideally overnight.
10. Carefully slice into bars with a sharp knife.
11. Pig out (see what i did there)

3477079.jpg

Source
Community Updates
Misc
5 Comments
Which dessert sauce do you recommend other than the Percy Pig sauce? Asking as I can't stand strawberry flavoured anything, the fruit itself included. I can use the Percy Pig candies that aren't the strawberry ones so that's fine.
andrewworrall103/06/2020 09:37

Which dessert sauce do you recommend other than the Percy Pig sauce? …Which dessert sauce do you recommend other than the Percy Pig sauce? Asking as I can't stand strawberry flavoured anything, the fruit itself included. I can use the Percy Pig candies that aren't the strawberry ones so that's fine.

Surely raspberry sauce?
Akira_Cat03/06/2020 10:00

Surely raspberry sauce?

Don't know why I didn't think of that yeah that would work. Cheers
What a waste of perfectly good Percy Pigs! If M&S want to help, they can reduce the price of them so you don't have to re-mortgage to buy them!

Has anyone tried these mixed with Rice Crispies? They aren't two things I'd be keen to put together.
Edited by: "RJUK" 3rd Jun
RJUK03/06/2020 12:17

What a waste of perfectly good Percy Pigs! If M&S want to help, they can …What a waste of perfectly good Percy Pigs! If M&S want to help, they can reduce the price of them so you don't have to re-mortgage to buy them! Has anyone tried these mixed with Rice Crispies? They aren't two things I'd be keen to put together.

aha!
Post a comment
@
    Text