you guys out there - get tested!!

25 replies
Found 15th Jul 2009
Just reading about John Hartson - great footballer - family man

the prognosis doesnt look good - which is so sad - hopefully doctors can do something

testing for testicular cancer does not get mentioned in the press etc. as much as womens cancers

imo it is even much justified to get it noticed as men are more reluctant than women to get tested

there i s no age limit on this cancer so please guys - if you think anything is 'just not right ' go see your doctor

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
25 Comments

He seems to be riddled with it. Lungs now as well.

Cracking good player when at Highbury and Celtic. Good luck to him and the family.

such a sad story, horrible for the family.

I thought he had brain cancer ........... ???

Have i missed something?

Original Poster

smithyp1;5755459

I thought he had brain cancer ........... ???Have i missed something?

news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

he has got secondaries smithy - really really sad

i have been. thank u

Banned

smithyp1;5755459

I thought he had brain cancer ........... ???Have i missed something?

yes it started with testicular cancer and spread

Reading paper other day it says it has spread to his brain and he is only 34 years old..
Feel so sorry for him and his family..

ahhh thats better, sorry i was just checking mine................lol

hated the big get at celtic and he wasn't much better on setanta but hopefully the big guy can make a full recovery. good luck to him.

holly100;5755468

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8151728.stmhe has got secondaries smithy … http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8151728.stmhe has got secondaries smithy - really really sad

dog_cop;5755478

yes it started with testicular cancer and spread

Very sad.............

Saw him a year or so ago in brum, BIG fella...

Shame for BBJ, hope he can make it through this, but it doesn't look good.

Testing? I don't know know anything about tests,I just thought guys meant to check down there.

I know for women we go for our cervical smear tests 3 yearly,check our breasts,and then the NHS does screening on breasts from age of 50 is it?

sounds terrible!!

This is such a sad story. Testing yourself isn't hard, but I think there should be another push via tv to get people thinking about it again. This Morning usually do a section on this every now and then.

Banned

good luck john from west ham utd

hope he recovers! was a good player for us 24 goals in his first full sason for us! we not had a player do that since!

Original Poster

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5755551

Testing? I don't know know anything about tests,I just thought guys meant … Testing? I don't know know anything about tests,I just thought guys meant to check down there.I know for women we go for our cervical smear tests 3 yearly,check our breasts,and then the NHS does screening on breasts from age of 50 is it?

yes it is 50 for mammograms

we just wait for reminders to come through post - but there is nothing at all for men -

but as i said i do think men are reluctant to go and get checked out - over most things

had to really nag o/h twice - he was diabetic - and also non malignant growth - he wouldnt have gone if i didnt keep on about it

Is cancer overall and of certain areas rising in the number of cases or is it just publicised more now?

It seems more and more people are getting it younger and in larger numbers.

Is this true?

holly100;5755618

yes it is 50 for mammograms we just wait for reminders to come through … yes it is 50 for mammograms we just wait for reminders to come through post - but there is nothing at all for men - but as i said i do think men are reluctant to go and get checked out - over most things had to really nag o/h twice - he was diabetic - and also non malignant growth - he wouldnt have gone if i didnt keep on about it

We can always check for them too I aswell.

Thats men for you.

greg_68;5755644

Is cancer overall and of certain areas rising in the number of cases or … Is cancer overall and of certain areas rising in the number of cases or is it just publicised more now?It seems more and more people are getting it younger and in larger numbers.Is this true?

info.cancerresearchuk.org/can…ts/

I would also say maybe more publicised now,just like a lot of other things in media.

Banned

ladies feel welcome to test me out :-D

Original Poster

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5755677

http://info.cancerresearchuk.org/cancerstats/I would also say maybe more … http://info.cancerresearchuk.org/cancerstats/I would also say maybe more publicised now,just like a lot of other things in media.

agree with you there hon -

also think a lot more people are being cured as well - if they catch it early enough

awful for him and his family x

im having a bit of trouble checking perhaps one of you lovely ladies could lend a hand :p:whistling:

micoo;5757901

im having a bit of trouble checking perhaps one of you lovely ladies … im having a bit of trouble checking perhaps one of you lovely ladies could lend a hand :p:whistling:

I'm sorry I'd have to have my skin removed afterwards and i dont fancy the burns ;-):-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769221
    2. NoScript vanished from FireFox48
    3. Any Xbox One news today?2356167
    4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564088

See more discussions