Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

You must select a localisation if the deal is local

Posted 19th Oct
trying to post a deal but no matter what I do I cant get past this error message. help
Community Updates
Ask
17 Comments
Heya @AndyWilmot

If you've ticked the local box you need to select a location from the drop down
38701187-Fonbp.jpg
IronSoldier19/10/2019 15:20

Heya @AndyWilmot If you've ticked the local box you need to select a …Heya @AndyWilmot If you've ticked the local box you need to select a location from the drop down [Image]

I dont get a drop down option
AndyWilmot19/10/2019 15:25

I dont get a drop down option

You're using the app, so it would look like this. When you select local deal, press select location.

38701398-D5Qif.jpg
jamie1519/10/2019 16:06

You're using the app, so it would look like this. When you select local …You're using the app, so it would look like this. When you select local deal, press select location.[Image]

No option for selecting location
I tried posting a deal the other day and had the same problem on the iOS app and I could select Local Deal but couldn't see anything to select the location.
jamie1519/10/2019 16:12

Comment deleted

THERE IS NO OPTION FOR LOCATION.

IT IS NOT AN OPTION ON THE APP
AndyWilmot19/10/2019 16:17

THERE IS NO OPTION FOR LOCATION.IT IS NOT AN OPTION ON THE APP

WHY ARE YOU USING CAPITAL LETTERS?

Also, there should be an option which automatically appears when you select local deal.
AndyWilmot19/10/2019 16:17

THERE IS NO OPTION FOR LOCATION.IT IS NOT AN OPTION ON THE APP

Are you using the latest version of the app? The last app release (iOS - 5.21.5) included this new location filter.
jamie1519/10/2019 16:19

WHY ARE YOU USING CAPITAL LETTERS?Also, there should be an option which …WHY ARE YOU USING CAPITAL LETTERS?Also, there should be an option which automatically appears when you select local deal.

Because clearly lower case letter aren't recognised as you've ignored what I've said 3 times and told me the exactly same thing 3 times.

I'm aware their should be but their is not. Which is why I made the thread and mentioned it not being an option 3 times.
magicjay198619/10/2019 16:21

Are you using the latest version of the app? The last app release (iOS - …Are you using the latest version of the app? The last app release (iOS - 5.21.5) included this new location filter.

Latest update on android :/ might try a quick reinstall, if that doesn't work... god knows lol
AndyWilmot19/10/2019 16:21

Because clearly lower case letter aren't recognised as you've ignored what …Because clearly lower case letter aren't recognised as you've ignored what I've said 3 times and told me the exactly same thing 3 times.I'm aware their should be but their is not. Which is why I made the thread and mentioned it not being an option 3 times.

Very often, there is an option but people (for a variety of reasons) do not realise how to access it. That is a very common occurrence. There is no need to be rude. If you are not able to access the location, then either you are unaware how to or your app is out of date. I'm on Android and have this working fine, only issue I face is that when editing a deal I have to reapply location filters which I hope @magicjay1986 can take a note of.
Edited by: "jamie15" 19th Oct
jamie1519/10/2019 16:23

Very often, there is an option but people (for a variety of reasons) do …Very often, there is an option but people (for a variety of reasons) do not realise how to access it. That is a very common occurrence. There is no need to be rude. If you are not able to access the location, then either you are unaware how to or your app is out of date. I'm on Android and have this working fine, only issue I face is that when editing a deal I have to reapply location filters which I hope @magicjay1986 can take a note of.

Latest app on android. I fail to see how that's rude, when being told their is no option that insinuates I'm aware of such option. I'd say posting a video after ignoring comments is rude tbh
AndyWilmot19/10/2019 16:26

Latest app on android. I fail to see how that's rude, when being told …Latest app on android. I fail to see how that's rude, when being told their is no option that insinuates I'm aware of such option. I'd say posting a video after ignoring comments is rude tbh

I shall forget your comment if you agree to forget what comments of mine you deem to be rude.

Have you tried the basic uninstall/reinstall stuff? If that doesn't work out then you may benefit from signing up to the HUKD app beta.
jamie1519/10/2019 16:32

I shall forget your comment if you agree to forget what comments of mine …I shall forget your comment if you agree to forget what comments of mine you deem to be rude.Have you tried the basic uninstall/reinstall stuff? If that doesn't work out then you may benefit from signing up to the HUKD app beta.

Deal.

Reinstalled it all but still not there. Will try to remove everything manually and try again. Thanks for your time mate
AndyWilmot19/10/2019 16:36

Deal. Reinstalled it all but still not there. Will try to remove …Deal. Reinstalled it all but still not there. Will try to remove everything manually and try again. Thanks for your time mate

Which version of Android are you running? I am on Android 10, please bear in mind Android 4 and 5 are no longer supported so while the app will still install you won't be able to get any more updates if on these versions.
Edited by: "jamie15" 19th Oct
@jamie15 Thanks, updated the app (iOS) and now the Select Location box is definitely there.
Haircut_10019/10/2019 16:51

@jamie15 Thanks, updated the app (iOS) and now the Select Location box is …@jamie15 Thanks, updated the app (iOS) and now the Select Location box is definitely there.

Great
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants