Groups

You reckon Jo Rowling might be interested in leading the opposition to Scotland leaving us?

I know Jo from university. She might be rich but she is also a helluva pleasant girl, always has been. So should we get her on-side to lead the campaign against Scotland leaving thje UK?

46 Comments

Yes good idea, what does she like to eat? I'll grab her favourites from tesco on the way over
    Edited by: "benjammin316" 18th Mar

Because she is pleasant, IMHO I think Scotland offers a more pleasant community setting for people similar to Nordics (by inference is a softer and people friendly setting) than the South, so I doubt if she would/could. Just take the Dubs amendment as an example; and free university education.There is much they could do on their own.
    A key strategy difference from England/Westminster, is EU style "Come to EU"; "Come to Scotland", for talents and investment.
    Just listen to Sturgeon's party conference speech, there are so many key differences.

Edited by: "splender" 18th Mar

Original Poster

bit of a closet veggie

I would like the entire UK to have a say in this as it impacts everyone, I personally would vote to get rid of the moaning ....

Original Poster

Jo is a force for good

Original Poster

I think Jo would do it if I asked her, I asked her last time & she did it

Aaaaww! For the love of . . .. . another flippin thread on the SR.

Same flippin points being raised - already covered in the other threads, could have asked the question in the other threads, but oh no, we obviously need yet another thread to go through the whole monotonous process again.

Original Poster

tryn2help

Aaaaww! For the love of . . .. . another flippin thread on the … Aaaaww! For the love of . . .. . another flippin thread on the SR.Same flippin points being raised - already covered in the other threads, could have asked the question in the other threads, but oh no, we obviously need yet another thread to go through the whole monotonous process again.

this time you got you a friend of Jo

luvsadealdealdeal

this time you got you a friend of Jo

Why did you not mention that before?

http://www.teen.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/week-in-review-emma-stone-gifs-ed-sheeran-ellabeereads.gif

MadBob

I would like the entire UK to have a say in this as it impacts everyone, … I would like the entire UK to have a say in this as it impacts everyone, I personally would vote to get rid of the moaning ....

Go buy a mirror you moaning...

luvsadealdealdeal

You reckon Jo Rowling might be interested in leading the opposition to … You reckon Jo Rowling might be interested in leading the opposition to Scotland leaving us?

I think she may have phrased that differently but, yes, an Intra-sovereign state Quidditch match should decide the outcome.

What's the point in another referendum? They will cheat the vote again, waste of time and money.

MadBob

I would like the entire UK to have a say in this as it impacts everyone, … I would like the entire UK to have a say in this as it impacts everyone, I personally would vote to get rid of the moaning ....

Careful, Trump may claim the entire USA will have a vote as well as anything impact their global interests.

splender

Because she is pleasant, IMHO I think Scotland offers a more pleasant … Because she is pleasant, IMHO I think Scotland offers a more pleasant community setting for people similar to Nordics (by inference is a softer and people friendly setting) than the South, so I doubt if she would/could. Just take the Dubs amendment as an example; and free university education.There is much they could do on their own..A key strategy difference from England/Westminster, is EU style "Come to EU"; "Come to Scotland", for talents and investment.Just listen to Sturgeon's party conference speech, there are so many key differences.

LoL

dailyrecord.co.uk/new…138

theguardian.com/uk/…and

Scotland lost the vote, get over it, all this referendum crap... Get a life!!

Fred.Smith

LoLhttp://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scotland-assault-capital-world-according-6391138https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2005/sep/26/ukcrime.scotland

Typical using false news technique, you DIDN'T quote that in these same news reports, "However, the report's claim was disputed by politicians and senior police officers" and then you did not compare UK official statistics with UN statistics. And you did not follow up with why there was a massive difference of 10 times between UN and UK numbers.
    Well, don't you even realise how Scotland, New Zealand and Australia top the world ranking when any school kid can rattle a few murder capitals around the world?!

splender

Typical using false news technique, you DIDN'T quote that in these same … Typical using false news technique, you DIDN'T quote that in these same news reports, "However, the report's claim was disputed by politicians and senior police officers" and then you did not compare UK official statistics with UN statistics. And you did not follow up with why there was a massive difference of 10 times between UN and UK numbers.Well, don't you even realise how Scotland, New Zealand and Australia top the world ranking when any school kid can rattle a few murder capitals around the world?!

Calm down 'waxxy. So the UN uses 'false news technique'. lool
    Edited by: "Fred.Smith" 20th Mar

splender

Typical using false news technique, you DIDN'T quote that in these same … Typical using false news technique, you DIDN'T quote that in these same news reports, "However, the report's claim was disputed by politicians and senior police officers" and then you did not compare UK official statistics with UN statistics. And you did not follow up with why there was a massive difference of 10 times between UN and UK numbers.Well, don't you even realise how Scotland, New Zealand and Australia top the world ranking when any school kid can rattle a few murder capitals around the world?!

sundaypost.com/fp/…es/

and on a side note
    bbc.co.uk/new…592
    so expect to see more
    https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/519u95Lmx9L._SY445_.jpg
    in a few years

potentially

Problem is, shes not really that liked in Scotland and known as a die hard Unionist and a litigious bully. She also helped fund Project Fear during the 2014 referendum, which no one has forgiven.

She'd be best staying out of it this time as she doesn't have a positive case for remaining in the UK anymore after Brexit and try saving her image amongst the Scots.

Edited by: "jaybizzle" 18th Mar

Fred.Smith

Calm down 'waxy. So the UN uses 'false news technique'. lool

philphil61

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/alarming-truth-behind-fall-in-crime-figures/and on a side notehttp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-39290592so expect to see more in a few yearspotentially

Start gooogling positive news in your you may get a positive energy in your life and be happy. And if you feel happy post some happy news here. Read and post good and bad.
    http://clipartbarn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Clipart-happy-face-tumundografico.jpeg

Edited by: "splender" 18th Mar

Original Poster

jaybizzle

Problem is, shes not really that liked in Scotland and known as a die … Problem is, shes not really that liked in Scotland and known as a die hard Unionist and a litigious bully. She also helped fund Project Fear during the 2014 referendum, which no one has forgiven. She'd be best staying out of it this time as she doesn't have a positive case for remaining in the UK anymore after Brexit and try saving her image amongst the Scots.

I'm just saying she IS very pleasant & well-liked in Scotland - not by SNP people I guess - so why not ask a pleasant non-politician to figurehead the campaign?

Original Poster

jaybizzle

Problem is, shes not really that liked in Scotland and known as a die … Problem is, shes not really that liked in Scotland and known as a die hard Unionist and a litigious bully. She also helped fund Project Fear during the 2014 referendum, which no one has forgiven. She'd be best staying out of it this time as she doesn't have a positive case for remaining in the UK anymore after Brexit and try saving her image amongst the Scots.

basically you're saying you hate the English

Fred.Smith

Calm down 'waxy. So the UN uses 'false news technique'. lool

Just ask yourself how can Scotland, New Zealand and Australia top the world in having top ranking in murder capitals, UN has hundreds of thousands of employees and outsourced agencies. Just because it has a UN logo on a fart, it does not mean it smells good.

luvsadealdealdeal

I'm just saying she IS very pleasant & well-liked in Scotland - not by … I'm just saying she IS very pleasant & well-liked in Scotland - not by SNP people I guess - so why not ask a pleasant non-politician to figuregead the campaign?

Pleasant?, I wouldn't use that word for someone who threatens legal action for any Twitter argument she loses.

Anyway, she was all about the UK remaining in the E.U. what would her argument be? No one will take her serious after that.

luvsadealdealdeal

basically you're saying you hate the English

From me saying I hate a single bully, you take from that I hate the English? Get a grip of yourself.

Why should there be a campaign against Scotland leaving the UK? Just leave them to it. If they want to leave then let them leave and wish them well - none of this punitive nonsense that the EU will try to dish out to the UK in a bid to bully other members into remaining.

Personally I'm finding the whole thing very tiresome. Stay or go, I really don't care - it's highly unlikely to make a significant impact on my life either way. But anyone who follows Sturgeon thinking she's anything other than a self-serving politician who only dreams of making a victory speech following a win for the leave campaign deserves everything that will come to them. It's called survival of the fittest, or most intelligent in this case.

Anyone who wants immigrants in this country is not the person to lead anything...

Original Poster

stealth666

Anyone who wants immigrants in this country is not the person to lead … Anyone who wants immigrants in this country is not the person to lead anything...

what's wrong with immigrants?

Nothing wrong with them........ there's just millions too many of them in the UK now.

jaybizzle

Pleasant?, I wouldn't use that word for someone who threatens legal … Pleasant?, I wouldn't use that word for someone who threatens legal action for any Twitter argument she loses. Anyway, she was all about the UK remaining in the E.U. what would her argument be? No one will take her serious after that.

Wasn't she getting death threats etc through social media from independence supporters? There is absolutely no need or excuse for that......so I'm not surprised she got the courts involved.

splender

Just ask yourself how can Scotland, New Zealand and Australia top the … Just ask yourself how can Scotland, New Zealand and Australia top the world in having top ranking in murder capitals, UN has hundreds of thousands of employees and outsourced agencies. Just because it has a UN logo on a fart, it does not mean it smells good.

Instead of attempting to discredit a respected organisation with your "false news techniques" perhaps you can come up with the statistics that counter those claims. Good luck with that.

Can't stand the woman.
    If she wants to be in politics then by all means become a politician but all she cares about is shoving her opinion on Brexit and Trump down peoples throats.
    She comes across as a nasty mean woman to me.

hooray.henry

Nothing wrong with them........ there's just millions too many of them in … Nothing wrong with them........ there's just millions too many of them in the UK now.

Likewise nothing wrong with millions of British immigrants in overseas countries. We want them to be loved too abroad as immigrants.

Satan_Claws

Can't stand the woman. If she wants to be in politics then by all means … Can't stand the woman. If she wants to be in politics then by all means become a politician but all she cares about is shoving her opinion on Brexit and Trump down peoples throats.She comes across as a nasty mean woman to me.

She is a fine woman, though you may not like her ideology, it goes without saying that no one likes any ideology in these threads. (It is really hard for folks to post positive "Love Thy Neighbour" types of threads even after Sunday worship.)
    Edited by: "splender" 19th Mar

Fred.Smith

Instead of attempting to discredit a respected organisation with your … Instead of attempting to discredit a respected organisation with your "false news techniques" perhaps you can come up with the statistics that counter those claims. Good luck with that.

Freddy, post some more comments for my inclusion, I am going to church this afternoon to beg for repentance and forgiveness for everyone.

cowsindahouse

What's the point in another referendum? They will cheat the vote again, … What's the point in another referendum? They will cheat the vote again, waste of time and money.

Are you trying to say that in some way Politicians are corrupt and that the vote was rigged in favour of staying within the UK ?

by all means.. have another vote.. but let the English/Welsh/N Irish have their say too .... Scotland may just get what (some of) it wants!

luvsadealdealdeal

I know Jo from university. She might be rich but she is also a helluva … I know Jo from university. She might be rich but she is also a helluva pleasant girl, always has been. So should we get her on-side to lead the campaign against Scotland leaving thje UK?

I for one am sick and tired of attempts to manipulate popular opinion for political ends. I'm sure I'm far from alone. If she wants to be a politician then all power to her elbow, otherwse just let her get on with being a very successful authoress (not a great fan personally, but each to his own).

Original Poster

3guesses

I for one am sick and tired of attempts to manipulate popular opinion for … I for one am sick and tired of attempts to manipulate popular opinion for political ends. I'm sure I'm far from alone. If she wants to be a politician then all power to her elbow, otherwse just let her get on with being a very successful authoress (not a great fan personally, but each to his own).

surely politics is all about appealing to popular opinion, my friend - trying to persuade people of the validity of your argument

Jo Rowling would make an excellent MP & I hope she decides to stand next election, probably thumping some pathetic SNP midget as she wins

Oneday77

Go buy a mirror you moaning...

Hang on, did you just moan about me moaning about them moaning about us?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Boxes for moving house?1010
      2. Dashcam question34
      3. help: windows 10 wifi issue69
      4. Free pr subsidised loft insulation -not in benefits22

See more discussions