You Took Too Much

Posted 2nd Nov

How many will sell their own soul for a penny more ?
Community Updates
Misc
39 Comments
Thanks for posting.
Many, what's even worse is that this parent or guardian is teaching / showing a child this behaviour.
Any proof this is in any way real ?

certainly doesn't look it
Edited by: "Wongy110" 2nd Nov
When 'Mommy' bends over to pick up the candy she dropped you can see exactly where last year's haul went.
fat cow
I thought this was acceptable now.
Wongy11002/11/2019 19:15

Any proof this is in any way real ?certainly doesn't look it

If you think there aren't people easily capable of doing that I have a bridge to sell you in London.
anthony.james02/11/2019 19:45

If you think there aren't people easily capable of doing that I have a …If you think there aren't people easily capable of doing that I have a bridge to sell you in London.

You probably don't want to know what I really think
and who wants to get banned ?

I did not say anything about what people are capable of mate

This however does not look in anyway 'real' to me.
Halloween is an American thing and it should stay there....
cmdr_elito02/11/2019 20:28

I wish it did. Unfortunately it's too late
jamie1502/11/2019 20:31

Well we could always make it different and just have Halloween parties and stop trick or treat.
cmdr_elito02/11/2019 20:34

Well we could always make it different and just have Halloween parties and …Well we could always make it different and just have Halloween parties and stop trick or treat.

I can't stand trick or treat. Giving people free sweets for no reason (apart of worrying that your house will get egged if you don't).
jamie1502/11/2019 20:36

I can't stand trick or treat. Giving people free sweets for no reason …I can't stand trick or treat. Giving people free sweets for no reason (apart of worrying that your house will get egged if you don't).

That’s what a hose is for lol, turn your sprinkler on.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 2nd Nov
cmdr_elito02/11/2019 20:37

That’s what a hose is for lol, turn your sprinkler on.

No sprinklers here
jamie1502/11/2019 20:39

No sprinklers here

I’ve just got one I put on the end of a hose

38887852-NMfaU.jpg
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 2nd Nov
cmdr_elito02/11/2019 20:40

I’ve just got one I put on the end of a hose[Image]

No front lawn. Maybe I'll just have to get some loud speakers and blast a police siren whenever they come close
jamie1502/11/2019 20:44

No front lawn. Maybe I'll just have to get some loud speakers and blast a …No front lawn. Maybe I'll just have to get some loud speakers and blast a police siren whenever they come close

Or just stick a bag of manure outside your door (tape letterbox shut), the smell will keep them away.

jamie1502/11/2019 20:31

It’s not like it’s a new thing though is it.

I remember trick or treating over 30 years ago.

It does seem to be either you love it or hate it.

Personally I love Halloween and enjoying hosting a party each year and take my kids out trick or treating.

This year lots of the houses had put up amazing decorations covering all the house and garden. It very much resembled the American movie depiction of Halloween 🎃

38887966-fmaLz.jpg

To a certain extant i agree with this
probably far to late but don't remember it being a thing when I was a kid
jimmy_the_fridge02/11/2019 19:38

I thought this was acceptable now.

It's not acceptable now, it's just normal now. Sad isn't it.
myusernamehasgone23402/11/2019 20:50

It’s not like it’s a new thing though is it. I remember trick or treating o …It’s not like it’s a new thing though is it. I remember trick or treating over 30 years ago.It does seem to be either you love it or hate it.Personally I love Halloween and enjoying hosting a party each year and take my kids out trick or treating. This year lots of the houses had put up amazing decorations covering all the house and garden. It very much resembled the American movie depiction of Halloween 🎃 [Image]

I personally don’t want people knocking at my door, if I wanted people at my door I’d invite them, many people feel the same. Remember whilst you enjoy it for many elderly people or vulnerable people this time of year causes them a lot of fear of large groups of people knocking at the door.

As I said I have no problem with people getting dressed up and having parties etc but trick or treat should be banned in the same way as cold calling is.
cmdr_elito02/11/2019 20:58

I personally don’t want people knocking at my door, if I wanted people at m …I personally don’t want people knocking at my door, if I wanted people at my door I’d invite them, many people feel the same. Remember whilst you enjoy it for many elderly people or vulnerable people this time of year causes them a lot of fear of large groups of people knocking at the door.As I said I have no problem with people getting dressed up and having parties etc but trick or treat should be banned in the same way as cold calling is.

There are lots of poster available to put up if you don’t wish to be disturbed.

Surely people are aware to only go to houses with decorations and pumpkins and are obviously celebrating.
myusernamehasgone23402/11/2019 20:50

It’s not like it’s a new thing though is it. I remember trick or treating o …It’s not like it’s a new thing though is it. I remember trick or treating over 30 years ago.It does seem to be either you love it or hate it.Personally I love Halloween and enjoying hosting a party each year and take my kids out trick or treating. This year lots of the houses had put up amazing decorations covering all the house and garden. It very much resembled the American movie depiction of Halloween 🎃 [Image]

It's not new, but certainly not fun for me. Just irritating.
myusernamehasgone23402/11/2019 21:13

There are lots of poster available to put up if you don’t wish to be d …There are lots of poster available to put up if you don’t wish to be disturbed.Surely people are aware to only go to houses with decorations and pumpkins and are obviously celebrating.

People shouldn’t have to put up posters to opt out, they shouldn’t be disturbed or hassled as it shouldn’t be allowed.

There are lots of poster available to put up if you don’t wish to be d …There are lots of poster available to put up if you don’t wish to be disturbed.Surely people are aware to only go to houses with decorations and pumpkins and are obviously celebrating.

People are not aware. My house had no decorations, seasonal lighting, etc. but 4 people still knocked anyway. I doubt the people in my area would read the sign, or if they did they would ignore it.
Edited by: "jamie15" 2nd Nov
cmdr_elito02/11/2019 21:15

People shouldn’t have to put up posters to opt out, they shouldn’t be dis …People shouldn’t have to put up posters to opt out, they shouldn’t be disturbed or hassled as it shouldn’t be allowed.

It should be opt in. Put up signs if you want to participate. If no signs then don't knock!
jamie1502/11/2019 21:18

It should be opt in. Put up signs if you want to participate. If no signs …It should be opt in. Put up signs if you want to participate. If no signs then don't knock!

Yeah that’s an excellent idea.

I would assume if people had put pumpkins out and they had decorations they were participating.

But op in posters is an even better idea

...after the Scots & Irish migrated to the United States in the 19th Century.

Before then it was a Celtic event; possibly originating from the Gaelic festival "Samhain".
fanpages03/11/2019 00:22

...after the Scots & Irish migrated to the United States in the 19th …...after the Scots & Irish migrated to the United States in the 19th Century.Before then it was a Celtic event; possibly originating from the Gaelic festival "Samhain".

There's a world of difference between the pagan Samhain, the Christian All Hallows Eve, and the corporate American candy/costume companies' Halloween which is what we've imported over here.

Took my little girl trick or treating this week and only knocked at houses that were visibly celebrating Halloween. On our way down the street, an elderly gent popped his head out of his front door and called us over “Why haven’t you called here?” He wanted to know. When I explained that there were no obvious signs he was celebrating, he responded with “oh, so that’s what it is? I’ve see tonnes of people walk by, but you’re the first I’ve be able to give sweets out to!”

I love my estate!
Edited by: "Curlyman83" 3rd Nov

fanpages03/11/2019 00:22

...after the Scots & Irish migrated to the United States in the 19th …...after the Scots & Irish migrated to the United States in the 19th Century.Before then it was a Celtic event; possibly originating from the Gaelic festival "Samhain".

Ferris03/11/2019 05:08

There's a world of difference between the pagan Samhain, the Christian All …There's a world of difference between the pagan Samhain, the Christian All Hallows Eve, and the corporate American candy/costume companies' Halloween which is what we've imported over here.

Over two hundred years of difference too but I was responding to @cmdr_elito claiming it was an American thing.

However, just because our cousins over the Pond do something with commercial undertones, this does not automatically mean we have to do it too.

You'll be telling me next that the reason Father Christmas is dressed in red & white has something to do with the Coca-Cola Company.
fanpages03/11/2019 18:53

Over two hundred years of difference too but I was responding to …Over two hundred years of difference too but I was responding to @cmdr_elito claiming it was an American thing.However, just because our cousins over the Pond do something with commercial undertones, this does not automatically mean we have to do it too.You'll be telling me next that the reason Father Christmas is dressed in red & white has something to do with the Coca-Cola Company.

I'm not sure what point you're making here, other than attempting to ascribe myths to me.
Ferris03/11/2019 19:02

I'm not sure what point you're making here, other than attempting to …I'm not sure what point you're making here, other than attempting to ascribe myths to me.

I'm not sure what point you were making either, so all hallows' even.

Over two hundred years of difference too but I was responding to …Over two hundred years of difference too but I was responding to @cmdr_elito claiming it was an American thing.However, just because our cousins over the Pond do something with commercial undertones, this does not automatically mean we have to do it too.You'll be telling me next that the reason Father Christmas is dressed in red & white has something to do with the Coca-Cola Company.

I’m pretty sure the celts didn’t put bowls of Haribo on their doorsteps or knock on each other’s doors. Halloween as we know know it now is an American import (fact).

The origins of Christmas goes back to Jesus and even further back to pagan times (winter solstice). We don’t all go to stone henge in white hoods to celebrate Christmas do we....
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 3rd Nov
cmdr_elito03/11/2019 19:09

I’m pretty sure the celts didn’t put bowls of Haribo on their doorsteps or …I’m pretty sure the celts didn’t put bowls of Haribo on their doorsteps or knock on each other’s doors. Halloween as we know know it now is an American import (fact).

I don't know know it like that at all.

Haribo is a German product anyway.
fanpages03/11/2019 19:10

I don't know know it like that at all.Haribo is a German product anyway.

And your point is.....

Halloween as we know it, is still an American import.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 3rd Nov
cmdr_elito03/11/2019 19:13

And your point is.....Halloween as we know it is still an American import.

No, you are confusing your point & mine.

My point was it was originally not an American event.
Wongy11002/11/2019 20:50

To a certain extant i agree with this probably far to late but don't …To a certain extant i agree with this probably far to late but don't remember it being a thing when I was a kid

Being a young 41 I remember going round trick or treating as a child as early as 5/6 yrs old. Even going to Halloween parties dressed up at the local social club

Well.... the "holidays are coming"

38895298-1lAOv.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants