You view report from my conveyancing

Found 4th Nov 2017
Just wondering if I can you views from the report.

FLOODING

Your environmental search flags that the property is assessed to have a groundwater flood risk rating of moderate to high. With this in mind, the search provides a number of recommended next steps as follows:

Groundwater

1.Consider conducting a visual check at the property looking for water staining, damp patches or mould growth. Be aware of any damp smells. It is also worth checking the survey to see if any of these things have been reported.

GROUND STABILITY

Your environmental search flags that the property is assessed to have a moderate to high risk of natural ground subsidence or non-natural ground subsidence risks are present. This kind of structural risk can cause problems at the property in the long term and may entail costs to resolve. With this in mind, the search provides a number of recommended next steps as follows:

1.Consider having a structural survey conducted by a Structural Surveyor to determine whether or not the property is affected;

2.Consider conducting a visual check at the property looking out for cracks and other signs of subsidence;

3.Consider contacting the relevant Local Authority to ask for records of the property and local area relating to subsidence;

4.Remember that professional advice should be sought before altering the ground in any way at this property, including planting trees.

ENERGY FEATURES

Your environmental search has flagged certain energy features (wind installations and power stations) that lie within 5km of the property. With this in mind, the search provides a number of recommended next steps as follows:

1.Consider visiting the area in order to more accurately assess the impact the energy features may have on the property.

Is there anything major to be concerned about?
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
Eh?
Your house insurance premium will , I presume , also be based on this data - so it could be prohibitive . Best to do a dummy quote for the property . Also it seems they are telling you it needs a full survey (not just a homebuyers report )
Whatever document you are quoting from appears to be worthless.
The basis of it is that you should get a full structural survey because there is a medium to high risk of flooding/subsidence which may have already occurred in the past.

As above, any house insurance is likely to be higher based on this information , so I would also suggest doing a dummy run on a comparison website to see who would quote and how much they would charge to see if it would be workable.

Have you also spoken to the current homeowner to see if they have been effected by either of these issues, don't just take their word for it though.

In view of the power station/wind turbines, be aware any resale price could be lower as less people want to live with a view of them .
Edited by: "tinkerbellian" 5th Nov 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants