Groups
    EXPIRED

Young Enterprise Help (starting up a business) - Ideas needed!

At school we are doing a young enterprise project.

This means that a group of us are setting up a business from scratch and looking to sell a product or service.

We have gathered around £300 to start up the business to buy stock, market the product ect.

I have so many ideas on how to sell/target the audience ect, the only problem is that we don't have an idea for a product.

So if anyone has any ideas on what we could produce and sell, starting off with a budget of £300 i would be greatful to hear from you.

Here is a bit of info on the Young Enterprise scheme : young-enterprise.org.uk/pub….do

Rep will be given for good ideas.

Thanks

17 Comments

Where do you need to start with ideas - the product or the target audience?

oh oh there was a thread about a year ago (surprisingly lol) about the same thing with LOADS of ideas on it Hang on I'll see if I can find it

EDIT: ]here ya go

Business studies A level
    Or as we call it.. BS

jennybubbles;2896840

oh oh there was a thread about a year ago (surprisingly lol) about the … oh oh there was a thread about a year ago (surprisingly lol) about the same thing with LOADS of ideas on it Hang on I'll see if I can find itEDIT: ]here ya go

Job done! :thumbsup:

Original Poster

jennybubbles;2896840

oh oh there was a thread about a year ago (surprisingly lol) about the … oh oh there was a thread about a year ago (surprisingly lol) about the same thing with LOADS of ideas on it Hang on I'll see if I can find itEDIT: ]here ya go

Thanks for the help!

Some of your ideas in that thread are very good. I might suggest the keyring/coaster/mug idea.

Thanks SO much for the help.

Have some rep:thumbsup:

yeah i did this scheme got to the regional finals last year, if you want to go far the main work should be on your business plan and interim report thats what scores you big, also utilizing your schools resources or local resources is a good idea, we made personilised key rings as we had a laser cutter at school so bought plastic and did various things with it, one of the groups did bird boxes which sold extramly well, the whole "eco theame" is a good way to go, but simply buying and selling products wont get you far, if you need any more help just pm me.

Original Poster

Thanks mate.

We are having a meeting tommorow, if i need any help i will PM ya:thumbsup:

We made personalised kids t-shirts and didn't really make any money... haha
    My advice, keep the money you raised in the fund raising lol

Think about what's "in" at the moment.
    A couple of years ago a group made some of those rubber wristbands and made a killing.
    It's a shame the olympics has just finished as you could have jumped on that bandwagon.
    Is there any big events happening in or around your town? Say like here in Stoke, producing cheap merchandise supporting the football team would probably sell well (but probably break some sort of copyright law lol).

we made scented candles, won the ealing borough trophy, west london trophy (best of 5 boroughs), lost out on the london trophy though [cant remember who won that one]

to raise more money, sell roses and sweets on valentines day, we made a killing as we bulk bought all our stock. hope it helps.

LOL, I done this at my secondary school. We won the Young Entreprise East borough competition and made it all the way to the final where we can meet Sir Alan Sugar in Canary Wharf. Too bad I couldn't make it on the final part (i didn't see SAS) because I had to do a friggin exam (hence there was a replacement for me). We, or should I say "they", lost the final with the worst idea in history to bring forth to SAS and I was defo disappointed yet surprisingly proud since everyone thought we had a better chance of winning (or "we should have won") if I was there. I was flattered.

My advice is to do something you as a team know WELL. Don't go wandering into new obsolete areas like rockets and stuff. You have a limited time, so no complex stuff.

Hmm does the op still require help or is this coursework now complete (serious post)

Come on guys keep on topic he might of miss typed a few things since his post here

It will be annoying if you end up getting suspended for bumping this with the p
    crap they post glad to see all the chums to the rescue tho might be seen as trolling

The JFK;7933901

[COLOR="Red"]LOL @ bumping a 1 year+ old thread.BTW we made about £2k … [COLOR="Red"]LOL @ bumping a 1 year+ old thread.BTW we made about £2k profit which we split between 4 of us. Was good fun running a small business with some mates.Not as much fun as running my current business though where I'm raking in the P's.[/COLOR]

Kudos on the come back but lacking in a lot

The JFK;7933963

[COLOR="Red"]Why would you wanna hate me when it’s 2010?You know what? I … [COLOR="Red"]Why would you wanna hate me when it’s 2010?You know what? I’d hate me to, if I had the same Street Cred as you,You’ve got from seeing JFK sitting on a wall, to a black V12 coupe,I think I’m the best and I call it competitive confidence – not vanity,It’s not my fault you boys have a childish mentality[/COLOR]

build them up then knock them down, people hate success stories. I suppose it makes them look at how their life has panned out and fills them with regret. The haterz will find another baller to try and bring them down soon enough.

Banned

numptyj;7933955

BRB finding old threads on people in order to make personal attacks and … BRB finding old threads on people in order to make personal attacks and deliberately inciting a negative response from other members. This is called trolling; hope you've read the rules

Agreed - trolling to an extent. We don't condone personal attacks, however members should be aware of past history on this board.

Threads locked and under review (just the last page - can't/won't go though it all).

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
    2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions