Groups

YOUR ADVICE AND HELP NEEDED PLEASE REGARDS XBOX 360...

Hi everybody,

I need some advice on behalf of a friend.
    She bought an arcade pack xbox 360 not even 2 weeks ago, and it already has the rrod. She still has the receipt but does not have the box it came in. Will the shop still exchange/refund if she has no box?

Or can she use my brothers arcade box?

Your help is needed please!! Maybe some of you work in such shops and can inform me of such policies.

Thanks in advance :0)

18 Comments

Just phone and ask first before you get stressed over it. Even if they don't if you get it repaired via microsoft they send you a box anyway. :thumbsup:

I can't think why she wouldn't be able to use another box though, I cant see the shop checking that the serials match.

Banned

what store did she get it from ?

and you should always keep the box imo

Banned

if you got it at gamestation they ask that you bring the console only anyway and swap it for another one after testing it instore

fragaliciousbob;3469244

if you got it at gamestation they ask that you bring the console only … if you got it at gamestation they ask that you bring the console only anyway and swap it for another one after testing it instore

You mean they just give you a new one and then they put your duff one in the new box for them to send back?

Original Poster

I can understand why she would be getting stressed about it. But shes decided she wants a refund as shes now found a better deal elsewhere, saving quite a bit of money!

If she was to put her console into my brothers arcade box, woudl the shop accept it back? As am i right in thinking the console has a serial number on it and the box has the same serial number on it too? Therefore they must match.

Or is that not the case, and her putting hers into my Bro's box will be fine?

Banned

deek72;3469256

You mean they just give you a new one and then they put your duff one in … You mean they just give you a new one and then they put your duff one in the new box for them to send back?

yes thats exactly what they do i've had a few exchanges with them one where the pic went and one where the disc tray wouldn't open they just ask for the console

its one of the good things about gamestation is they will exchange faulty consoles inside the 12 months

Original Poster

fragaliciousbob;3469242

what store did she get it from ? and you should always keep the box imo

She bought it at Argos. Shes just worried that if she puts it in someone elses box, they might check the serial numbers and then end up looking fraudlulent or something, which is totally not the case.

so has it really for the RROD, or does she just wanna full refund as she has seen the new Argos deal? :x - sorry, but this makes me mad when people do this.

fastfish77;3469258

I can understand why she would be getting stressed about it. But shes … I can understand why she would be getting stressed about it. But shes decided she wants a refund as shes now found a better deal elsewhere, saving quite a bit of money!If she was to put her console into my brothers arcade box, woudl the shop accept it back? As am i right in thinking the console has a serial number on it and the box has the same serial number on it too? Therefore they must match. Or is that not the case, and her putting hers into my Bro's box will be fine?

I she wants a refund (she is entitled to one-not fit for purpose) she will need the box, like I said I can't see them checking that the numbers coincide.

Banned

fastfish77;3469268

She bought it at Argos. Shes just worried that if she puts it in someone … She bought it at Argos. Shes just worried that if she puts it in someone elses box, they might check the serial numbers and then end up looking fraudlulent or something, which is totally not the case.

she will be fine just take it back say its faulty and ask for an exchange or you do it for her if she is that worried

just go in to argos and tell them that the truth.

Banned

ah the mention of a better deal.....FAIL

Disco;3469270

so has it really for the RROD, or does she just wanna full refund as she … so has it really for the RROD, or does she just wanna full refund as she has seen the new Argos deal?

That's what she said, who are we to dispute it?

deek72;3469280

That's what she said, who are we to dispute it?

but OP always mentions the "better" deal, so it made me think twice, about if the RROD issue was real in the first place! (im sure it is)

Original Poster

No it really has the rrod - i went round yesterday and looked myself.

I have a ps3, and literally 2 days later that went wrong. So i took it back to currys where i bought it and they just handed me a new ps3 just like that.

At the end of the day, if they do check the serial numbers, she can only tell them the truth, thats she binned hers

Original Poster

Disco;3469270

so has it really for the RROD, or does she just wanna full refund as she … so has it really for the RROD, or does she just wanna full refund as she has seen the new Argos deal? :x - sorry, but this makes me mad when people do this.

What new argos deal anyway? Shes since seen the Zavvi deal - £130 with 2 games

fastfish77;3469305

What new argos deal anyway? Shes since seen the Zavvi deal - £130 with 2 … What new argos deal anyway? Shes since seen the Zavvi deal - £130 with 2 games

]THIS £169 for pro (premium) console with Wireless Controller, extra WC and 3 games! (iirc) + £10 voucher as well dont forget

I know its more than the arcade verison, but OP might be thinking of long term saving!

Original Poster

Disco;3469330

]THIS £169 for pro (premium) console with Wireless Controller, extra WC … ]THIS £169 for pro (premium) console with Wireless Controller, extra WC and 3 games! (iirc) + £10 voucher as well dont forget I know its more than the arcade verison, but OP might be thinking of long term saving!

I doubt it. She was only after the arcade pack as her other half already has the hdd and a few games from about a year ago. He used to have one, then sold it due to being too busy with work etc but then a few weeks ago started missing it , after changing jobs :roll:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767222
      2. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!88
      3. Nectar launch eGift card redemption for selected brands including Currys, A…44
      4. Spotify Family Premium share59

See more discussions