Groups

your advice over my car and rac.

hi people can i have your advice,
    i got my car pug 307 about 8week now 06plate,done 24k now the amount of problems ive had seat,cd player,brake lights.brake noisy. And then to top it off, broke down friday night at 8.40 on a46,and had rac come out to tow me off road to look at it to find out coil pack gone. So they didnt have one so had recovery lorry out to pick me up,but this was 3am and iwas goin 40miles away on the coast 4am i got here at 250 down very mad at rac and unsure about car?what do you lot think? Thanks

23 Comments

Not following your rant - you have a car that is full of problems & you're having a go at the RAC for helping you?

i think you should contact the garage you bought this car off, or did you get it private sale? if so id take it straight to a garage to get a service to see if it picks up any other faults.

Well its safe to say, i haven't got a sniff what ya on about!!

yeah................... the............um............. weathers lovely here at the moment :?

Original Poster

from breaking down till getting back over 7hr from rac, now with car got it from garage but had everything 2yr wan,156 point check etc,but unsure what to do? With all time down faulty car and 250 down

Im a little unsure what the RAC have done wrong :?

Original Poster

when rac got my money at 11pm for lorry they made me wait 4hrs before coming to me,

sme24185;6376020

when rac got my money at 11pm for lorry they made me wait 4hrs before … when rac got my money at 11pm for lorry they made me wait 4hrs before coming to me,

Maybe, just maybe, the lorry was 4 hrs away.....on another job!?

Obviously a busy night for the lorry. Doubtful they would purposely make you wait for four hours.

Lulu'sMammy;6376045

Maybe, just maybe, the lorry was 4 hrs away.....on another job!?

Ya beat me! lol

Original Poster

if u got told 55min at they 4hr wouldnt you be p..soff? And when they get your money they dont care had to wait till monday before it was sorted.

sme24185;6376132

if u got told 55min at they 4hr wouldnt you be p..soff? And when they get … if u got told 55min at they 4hr wouldnt you be p..soff? And when they get your money they dont care had to wait till monday before it was sorted.

why dont you ring them and explain how unhappy you are with their service, but wait till you have calmed down first:thumbsup:

did the driver give any explanation as to why it took him longer?

Its a French car of course its gonna break down a few times a year, better get used to it

sme24185;6376020

when rac got my money at 11pm for lorry they made me wait 4hrs before … when rac got my money at 11pm for lorry they made me wait 4hrs before coming to me,

What do u mean "when rac got my money at 11pm for lorry" - doesnt ur membership cover you to be towed ?

im guessin cos you needed to pay you didnt have the rac cover to begin with????? if this is right then i would expect you to be at the bottom of any and every list of urgency :?

Do you call it a pug because it's a right dog:whistling:

Original Poster

ive had the car 8weeks but didnt no what sort of cover i had only that i had some cover,
    they took the 150 then made me wait 4hrs after saying 55min they said 1 lorry broke down, not my fault. i dont no who to take it out of?
    garage or rac
    i pay alot for a car for this

Banned

sme24185;6415329

ive had the car 8weeks but didnt no what sort of cover i had only that i … ive had the car 8weeks but didnt no what sort of cover i had only that i had some cover, they took the 150 then made me wait 4hrs after saying 55min they said 1 lorry broke down, not my fault. i dont no who to take it out of?garage or raci pay alot for a car for this

you said 250 in the first post?
    presumably the extra cost was because you had the basic cover and didn't want to be towed to a garage within 10 miles? Is that correct?
    If so, whats the problem?

Banned

deanos;6377729

Its a French car of course its gonna break down a few times a year, … Its a French car of course its gonna break down a few times a year, better get used to it

Nail has been hit on the head!

dude u need to speak to 2 parties to make a complaint:

1. RAC for taking ages dispite advising u it will take less than an hour. However unless there is a time limit guarentee then u may not get anything back? But its worth speaking to them.

2. U need to speak to the place where u got the car, its obviously faulty to have several issues and then breaking down. If u got it from a garage then u need to ask what kind of warranty it comes with (usually a good place will give u 12 or 6 months warranty from date of purchase). If it is a private sale then this is the risk u run.

fella dont take this personally but can you re-write everything you said but in english, then i/we might have a better understanding of what you are trying to convey :thumbsup:

Banned

OP - do you have an English dictionary?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad news about Barcelona24108
      2. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2952
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?26120
      4. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 891718

See more discussions