Found 1st Apr 2010
Just spotted a comment on another thread by someone who knew someone else that used to share a flat with Phillip Glass.

So, here goes........my mum used to be in the same class at school as.......wait for it......Jim 'and Bully's special prize' Bowen.

Go on then, what's yours?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
83 Comments

My Grandads cousins daughter is... Wendy Craig (of Butterflies and The Nanny)!

Had a chat with Ruby Wax in Italy last summer.

my friends sister is carly zucker lol :roll:

Banned

my great great great great.....great...grandad won the horse and plough championship of the UK

my great great grandad died after serving in WWI of water retention, a year after he died they found a cure. (I have his leather dog tags)

erm im related to boy george? :oops: not sure thats something to boast bout tho lol

ive appaeared on bbc1 real rescues with nick knowles and itv tonight special with trevor macdonald does that count?

onlyme23;8262559

erm im related to boy george? :oops: not sure thats something to boast … erm im related to boy george? :oops: not sure thats something to boast bout tho lol

:roll:

Banned

onlyme23;8262559

ive appaeared on bbc1 real rescues with nick knowles and itv tonight … ive appaeared on bbc1 real rescues with nick knowles and itv tonight special with trevor macdonald does that count?

oh that type of fame, I've been on the local news 3 times, I've been in the Independent when they ran a story on my Mum being a single parent. I've been in a recruitment advert on a local channel for my job.

Oh and I've been on those late night call in quiz shows countless times when I had a 2nd phone line in my house that I didn't pay the bill on, they soon cut it off though after making about 200 calls to them and then a load of overseas calls to my then girlfriend now wife.

I'm Spartacus!! :w00t:

My dad who was a plumber trained his apprentice who turned out to be Alan Longmuir from the Bay City Rollers. Still does it as well down East Lothian!

umm i know carlie fennel who is dating nicola roberts x

Banned

I beat Colin Farrell in a drinking bet

I got royally beaten on Eggheads!!

Tinkytayls;8262631

umm i know carlie fennel who is dating nicola roberts x

Who....... and who??

after out defeat by Borussia Dortmund in the UCL in 97 a half page pic of me with head in hands was plastered all over the sports pages of the Guardian, London Evening Standard and Oldham Evening chronicle.

Got a kiss off Monica Rose.

I got a lift with Warren Barton to a football trial I was doing.

Really nice car and top bloke. Told me David Batty is the worst player he has ever played either with or against :w00t:

SuperEd

OH mum is kelly marie (80s singer 'feels like im in love' )

Mate of mine online - his mum is John McTiernans sister.. Director of Die Hard etc..

Bumped into Judi Dench while in an airport once, said hello :).

My sister has got allot of "claims to fame" as she works in events management... Hung out with quite a few celebs, also been to the fancy parties.. But her boyfriends family are millionaires, so it's to be expected lol.

goonertillidie;8262713

quality!! was only talking bout that song other day!!

I once had breakfast with Gaynor Faye in Venice. Well when i say breakfast, i mean we shared the same buffet cart!

I've met, and been to dinner with the majority of the Australian ashes squad for last years tour of england!

I have met Philip Serrell who does the antique roadshow nice bloke but not to famous though :oops:

A tedious link but my brother's mate's uncle is.... Stephen Fry!

Russell Lissack (guitarist from the band Bloc Party) also helped me when I was lost on the underground in London :-D

i've kissed ainsley harriot :oops:
and had a hug off michael akerfeldt from Opeth :-D
EDIT: almost forgot to say that i had a chat to yvette and karl off most haunted at alton towers once!

my former best friend was one of the bikes who slept with ashley cole - still have her profile on facebook

My best friend is a politician and he knows Nigel Farage, Rusty Lee, Robert Killroy silk and the guy that played Les Batersby on coronation street. Another friend of mine used to know a few members of N-Sync when she lived in Florida and finally Sir Humphrey who owns Chillingham castle is a family friend. Think thats it for me.

jellybaby - really ... and you let him ?

More of a claim to shame for whoever that person living with Phillip Glass was, for not brutally murdering him in his sleep when they had the chance. And now, he's spread his foul, minimaistic modern 'classical' music stylings all over the world. Why people love him, I don't know. Beyonce's Single Ladies, that's what minimalistic irregular rhythm and surprising music sounds like when it's done properly. Glass is just grating. I wish Wagner had been his flatmate. He was psycho. He'd have sorted him out.

Me, my best claim is being a subject of an international news story. Classic flash in the pan stuff though, I got a lot of looks the following few days, and then nothing ever again.

I was on tv with Peter Purves (ex Blue Peter lol) a loooong time ago :-)

OH saw Donald Sinden at an airport in US - walked up to say hi then chickened out lol !

DD met Will Young after winning a radio comp - and then couldnt think of anything to say to him :-) !

Mate of mine knew Cliff RIchard well and used to get me signed stuff from him.

OH & I met Lesley Smith (historian from Most Haunted) - and she is kinda crazy lol - very nice but def a little odd :-) !!

ooooh and I literally bumped in Keith Chegwin in Hamleys once :-) !!

Darren Jackson (ex-Hearts/Celtic/Scotland now pundit) used to sit next to me in class.

Met Slade in our chippy many many moons ago when they were playing in town hall over the road - they gave us all free tickets to see them

Original Poster

goonertillidie;8262713

:thumbsup:

Original Poster

sufchenko;8262784

I once had breakfast with Gaynor Faye in Venice. Well when i say … I once had breakfast with Gaynor Faye in Venice. Well when i say breakfast, i mean we shared the same buffet cart!

I bought mackrel at the same fish shop as Johnny Vegas last year in New Quay, turns out we were staying in the same 'holiday village' & he was spotted regularly during the week with his family.

Banned

I (my musical I) was on the same music compilation CD as Republica back in 1997:

http://991.com/newGallery/Republica-Ready-To-Go-269684.jpg

Oh, and The Orb:

http://www.poslouchej.net/forum/userpix/238_the_orb_2007_big_1.jpg

denandyas;8262912

my former best friend was one of the bikes who slept with ashley cole - … my former best friend was one of the bikes who slept with ashley cole - still have her profile on facebook

Nice of you to share your story Cheryl :-D

My best mate at school was sean st ledger still good mates now.

That Jim Bowen is mad for hookers apparently. he's always visiting them

I seen Jennifer Ellison in aclub a few years ago, and gave her **** a good squeeze. she wanst happy, to say the least

[COLOR="Red"]I'm a pro footballer and play in front of thousands of people each week.[/COLOR]

The JFK;8263408

[COLOR="Red"]I'm a pro footballer and play in front of thousands of … [COLOR="Red"]I'm a pro footballer and play in front of thousands of people each week.[/COLOR]

And the award for the most outrageous lie goes to........

spent 17 years of my life working in record shops and "met" all the bands who came in to do signings etc-most have sunk without trace of course but did meet take that right at the start of their career,simply red,paul weller and more but was just a handshake as they arrived at the shop. Most of them were so up themselves it defied belief-the two biggest tw**** I ever met were mick hucknall and morten harket(aha)

met springsteen five times-very,very nice guy who despite his fame doesnt have any delusions about being better than anyone else,and has soo much time for his fans-he was staying in the same hotel as us when he played in norway and the whole band stayed in the bar with the fans for nearly 5 hours!

friends with andrew innes of primal scream-we stayed next door to each other as children.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. amazon prime question33
    2. Help! In need of a PS4 Headset47
    3. Camera lens44
    4. good place to buy stocks33

See more discussions