Your dream gaming set up?

Found 22nd Aug 2017
If you could have any 3 machines under your TV which would it be?
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Supermod
I know you said 3...but...

31749391-746ZY.jpg
53 Comments
Original Poster
I would have Dreamcast, GameCube and Snes.
Supermod
I know you said 3...but...

31749391-746ZY.jpg
sega saturn, ps2 & megadrive
Playstation One, Megadrive + 32x & Dreamcast.
Original Poster
magicjay198611 m ago

I know you said 3...but...[Image]

I've got 2x PS3, 2x wii, 1 wiiu, 1 xbox 360 elite and a ps2 under mine

My dreamcast and GameCube and Snes are in a box somewhere at my parents, no one knows where i have nothing older then ps1 here, except handhelds i got most of my handhelds here.

31749459-zZ5Jf.jpg
Edited by: "Segata-Sanshiro" 22nd Aug 2017
if I'm going for memories then launch Playstation, original Xbox from when Xbox live was introduced and a ZX Spectrum.

For modern day thrills a £2k gaming PC with VR setup and racing wheel. Although after spending all that I probably wouldn't be able to afford any games to play on it though
magicjay19861 h, 47 m ago

I know you said 3...but...[Image]

This wire set up is amazing also.
Original Poster
cono16168 m ago

I think its magic. Unlike mine which is like the riddle of the universe.

Who knows whats in that.
31750773-Cufed.jpg
Edited by: "Segata-Sanshiro" 22nd Aug 2017
PS1, PS2 and PS4
Error4404 m ago

I think its magic. Unlike mine which is like the riddle of the universe

Yours is very well hidden by the console's themselves though so you can't REALLY see it all. Mine isn't a riddle you can plainly see it's a god foresaken mess.
Original Poster
cono16164 m ago

Yours is very well hidden by the console's themselves though so you can't …Yours is very well hidden by the console's themselves though so you can't REALLY see it all. Mine isn't a riddle you can plainly see it's a god foresaken mess.

I think if i plugged everything in at once there'd be some sort of electromagnetic connection thing and the whole ball will start levitating and gently revolving
hass12355 m ago

PS1, PS2 and PS4

Just think... If one of them was backwards compatible you'd have space for more.

My PS3 is a launch model BC with PS1 (I think...), never tried it myself.
Flodd2 m ago

Just think... If one of them was backwards compatible you'd have space for …Just think... If one of them was backwards compatible you'd have space for more.My PS3 is a launch model BC with PS1 (I think...), never tried it myself.

But I remember the PS3 not being as reliable as the previous consoles so I chose them two instead, I still have my PS2 working flawlessly (sold my PS1 for that PS2).
Original Poster
Flodd5 m ago

Just think... If one of them was backwards compatible you'd have space for …Just think... If one of them was backwards compatible you'd have space for more.My PS3 is a launch model BC with PS1 (I think...), never tried it myself.

All play ps1 ones upto 60gig play ps2 aswell.

Or so i read I've never tried it, i play ps1 on a psp
Original Poster
hass1237 m ago

But I remember the PS3 not being as reliable as the previous consoles so I …But I remember the PS3 not being as reliable as the previous consoles so I chose them two instead, I still have my PS2 working flawlessly (sold my PS1 for that PS2).

I had 7 ps1s, i have one left that only plays Driver and a PSOne new in box unused. I have has 2 ps2s the scph39003 on the shelf that was bought in a bundle when GTA3 came out and a superslim new in box never used, i have 3 ps3s the 80gig modded one and slim model on my tv stand and a later slim model the love of my life left behind when he went which although looks just like mine runs very hot and is very loud and i swear the disc mechanism is different.
I'm quite happy with my current set up, PS4, XBO & Gamecube.

Never touch them these days though cause I've bought a gaming PC! Waiting for the Steam Link and Steam Controller offer to come back (hopefully around "thanksgiving"/"Black Friday"/ Christmas) though and I'll be a happy bunny! As much as I love my PC, nothing beats the joy of being able to relax on your sofa and game
Original Poster
parasitemol1 m ago

I'm quite happy with my current set up, PS4, XBO & Gamecube. Never touch …I'm quite happy with my current set up, PS4, XBO & Gamecube. Never touch them these days though cause I've bought a gaming PC! Waiting for the Steam Link and Steam Controller offer to come back (hopefully around "thanksgiving"/"Black Friday"/ Christmas) though and I'll be a happy bunny! As much as I love my PC, nothing beats the joy of being able to relax on your sofa and game

You can do that with a PC
PS2
Gamecube
Mini PC with dual 1080ti's

I have the first two atleast
Error4406 m ago

You can do that with a PC

I know but the Steam link is the most suitable option for me but I'm not paying £39.99 for one when they've been £11.99 or circa £35 with the controller thrown in too! I'm holding out for something like that.

I'm currently using KBM set up for most games so cannot do that from the sofa and have a wired XBO controller for any "console type"/ non multiplayer games so that won't get me too far from the base unit either.

Just going to hold out for the Steam Link/Controller offer to come back, unless you know of another suitably streamlined and simple work around?
Original Poster
parasitemol25 m ago

I know but the Steam link is the most suitable option for me but I'm not …I know but the Steam link is the most suitable option for me but I'm not paying £39.99 for one when they've been £11.99 or circa £35 with the controller thrown in too! I'm holding out for something like that.I'm currently using KBM set up for most games so cannot do that from the sofa and have a wired XBO controller for any "console type"/ non multiplayer games so that won't get me too far from the base unit either.Just going to hold out for the Steam Link/Controller offer to come back, unless you know of another suitably streamlined and simple work around?

No idea the last time i used a PC i had a PS1 controller plugged into a modded ps1 multi tap that plugged in the PC
Ps4 Pro for current console needs
Gaming Rig PC for my RTS needs
N64 for my nostalgia needs
hass1231 h, 45 m ago

But I remember the PS3 not being as reliable as the previous consoles so I …But I remember the PS3 not being as reliable as the previous consoles so I chose them two instead, I still have my PS2 working flawlessly (sold my PS1 for that PS2).

I never had a problem with mine, it's on now... my 360 though...jesus, I went through a fair few of those thanks to RROD...
Original Poster
Flodd9 m ago

I never had a problem with mine, it's on now... my 360 though...jesus, I …I never had a problem with mine, it's on now... my 360 though...jesus, I went through a fair few of those thanks to RROD...

I've had one, a elite
Supermod
cono16163 h, 17 m ago

Yet the single HDMI into the Switch drives me wild.
Error4405 h, 27 m ago

I've got 2x PS3, 2x wii, 1 wiiu, 1 xbox 360 elite and a ps2 under mine I've got 2x PS3, 2x wii, 1 wiiu, 1 xbox 360 elite and a ps2 under mine My dreamcast and GameCube and Snes are in a box somewhere at my parents, no one knows where i have nothing older then ps1 here, except handhelds i got most of my handhelds here.[Image]

Why 2 PS3's? and a WiiWii?.
I can only have 3? Current set up is PS1 with the grey BIOS, PS1 with the purple BIOS, fat PS2, thin PS2, thin PS2, slim PS3, OG PS4, PS4 Pro and PSVR.

Okay well in that case I'll have PS5, PS6 and PS7 please 😸
shauneco3 m ago

Why 2 PS3's? and a WiiWii?.

Why not?
Flodd2 h, 49 m ago

Yeah, but some games still wouldn't work. Have you ever seen Wip3out on a PS3?
deleted265520
Region Free, Backup compatible PS One - tick
Nintendo Switch - tick
Gameboy Advance AGB with modified backlight screen - tick

Although I would substitute the GBA with a Gamecube with a Gameboy Player if it had to be 3 consoles.
The PS One is in the living room but connected to a 21 inch Sony Bravia CRT rather than my 4K TV. Those things look so much better with RGB scart on a CRT (I'm not paying £300+ for a framemeister)
Scrabble, kerplunk and buckaroo. I'm useless at games
MSK.38 m ago

Why not?

You would only use one at a time in general, Can't see no use for more than one, Some consoles are also backward compatible so again whats the point?.
Does a super computer count?

If so one of those, ps4 pro just for exclusives & the switch

PC will let me play most games emulated
Here's mine, nothing special. Looking at upgrading to a 32'' with built in VCR.

31754077-FYQez.jpg

(Plagiarised from a much-missed member who is sadly no longer with us. If you're still here mate, drop me a PM )
Original Poster
shauneco38 m ago

You would only use one at a time in general, Can't see no use for more …You would only use one at a time in general, Can't see no use for more than one, Some consoles are also backward compatible so again whats the point?.

Your narrow minded
Original Poster
deeky2 m ago

Here's mine, nothing special. Looking at upgrading to a 32'' with built in …Here's mine, nothing special. Looking at upgrading to a 32'' with built in VCR.[Image] (Plagiarised from a much-missed member who is sadly no longer with us. If you're still here mate, drop me a PM )

I see you have urination facilities
Error44012 m ago

Your narrow minded

No, Logical, you can't exactly take them with you.
Original Poster
shauneco4 m ago

No, Logical, you can't exactly take them with you.

Take them where, what are you talking about
Hmm. Ps4 pro or Xbox one x , killer gaming pc and maybe a switch.

Not one for retro gaming on original consoles. Can just emulate most things and that'll do me.
dtovey8922nd Aug 2017

I thought you had OCD. That looks a mess including the carpert and …I thought you had OCD. That looks a mess including the carpert and skirting boards

OCD isn't a cleaning disease. It's an obsessive fear that terrible things are going to happen if you don't perform certain tasks or rituals. Of which cleaning can be one, but isn't always one.
shauneco1 h, 33 m ago

You would only use one at a time in general, Can't see no use for more …You would only use one at a time in general, Can't see no use for more than one, Some consoles are also backward compatible so again whats the point?.

Because even if a console is backwards compatible, it doesn't mean a game will play the same as the original. Much like emulating a game on a PC. Also, backwards compatible doesn't necessarily mean you can use your old discs.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions