Expired

Your experiences with The Smartphone Company....

Found 19th May 2015
Purchased a Sony xperia z3 compact from them.

Received it today and wondered why there were no headphones included.

In addition the phone box was dented as the packaging it was delivered in was non existent.

Called them up and basically was bluntly told Sony don't include headphones with their xperia z3 compact phone. Asked why and just said they don't include them.

In addition just suggested they may want to improve their packaging a bit to prevent the phone or box getting damaged potentially.

Felt like they were not really bothered etc.

A basic enquiry about the headphones and a bit of advice for future customers....

Seems to be no reviews for The Smartphone Company.co.uk. I hope they are a decent company!

Sorry for it being so long (Insert funny joke here ha)
Community Updates
Misc
21 Comments
Thanks for the advice, as an alternative for graded second hand phones these guys are great... smartfonestore.com/mob…spx
davewave

Thanks for the advice, as an alternative for graded second hand phones … Thanks for the advice, as an alternative for graded second hand phones these guys are great... http://www.smartfonestore.com/mobile/default.aspx

I second that purchased s4 last year grade a was like brand new untouched with all original accessories. A +
They are owned by Mobile phones direct
I'm pretty sure you do get the headphones with the Z3 compact, I know I did when I got mine (from O2)
Mine came with headphones. 3 weeks ago from Vodafone store.
How much did you pay Op?
Ordered a note 4 from them just over a week ago, I agree the packaging was non existent (just a fed ex bag, no bubble wrap or padding) luckily my phone and box was undamaged. But as for the speed and quality of the phone it's all been great, next day delivery, brand new phone with original accessories.
Id send it back.
billyboy1

Id send it back.

I agree - give the business to someone who provides a better service.
Worst customer service I have ever had in my life.

As stated in the title the customer service I had with this company was and still is abysmal. I'm not sure if the rest of the reviews on this site are written by people paid to do so but if they aren't then they must have been extremely lucky with this company.

I was simply trying to cancel a phone order, I even made the cancellation the same day. I rang the customer service helpline to make the cancellation and i sent an email as requested, my cancellation was confirmed and I naively though that would be the end of it. Extremely long story short, the phone and free gift didn't arrive (which is exactly what you'd expect from a cancellation) however I was still charged for 4 months (for a phone/sim that wasn't even activated) and its been an ordeal dealing with the extremely rude people on the helpdesk, trying to get my money back. It is very possible this case will end up in court.
One of the worst mobile company I have ever dealt with. Ordered a Samsung S5 and when I received this, sim card was not recognised, they said to send it back which I did and then would not send me a replacement as they claimed that I had damaged the simtray. I disputed this as why would I damage the simtray. Rang their customer services several times and had to wait ages to get through on each occasion, no one would take ownership of my situation and don't even have a proper complaints process. DO NOT DO BUY FROM THIS COMPANY AS THEY CLEARLY BELIEVE IN RIPPING OFF CUSTOMERS AND PROVIDING POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.
i ordered the s5 on contract with the cash back, everything seems fine, however it all seems to good to be true, any hidden charges that anyone has encountered?
This is the worst COMPANY l have ever dealt with sent my phone back as it was faulty this is the 8th day they have had it back & still waiting for them to close my account if you call the customer service they are not helpful they just don't care about the customer as long has they have a sale that's all they are concerned about.They are just a bunch of Cowboys so BEWARE
Had a PS4 as part of a phone package but the PS4 was faulty with loud running noise, graphics problems and overheating. Complained to Smartphone who took 5 weeks to collect it after ignoring calls and emails and then eventually said that there's nothing wrong with it and to take it up with Sony. Obviously it's down to Smartphone but they refused to exchange it. They admit I'm paying for it in with my phone contract but still refuse to replace it. Very aggressive staff and useless, especially David Tsang, Customer Services Manager. AVOID.
Latest ploy is to blame network on delay of phone delivery date, citing credit check. I already have 2 phones from them and have 100% credit gold rating. Probably haven't got any of the advertised handsets in stock...
This company is an absolute joke it's been 30 days since I received my phone so my Xbox one should have been delivered to me by now. They are not reply to my emails about my free gift which is a joke as I am technically paying for something that I don't have yet as it adds £15 onto my contract per month. Extremely unhappy.
SHOCKING COMPANY.
I ordered a GS7 edge from them before launch, but cancelled the order. they sent it anyway and I refused delivery (as the suggested i do). 3 weeks later and still they have not received the phone from the courier, apparently. so ai am now being billed for the contract.
Utterly shocking.
AP49

This is the worst COMPANY l have ever dealt with sent my phone back as it … This is the worst COMPANY l have ever dealt with sent my phone back as it was faulty this is the 8th day they have had it back & still waiting for them to close my account if you call the customer service they are not helpful they just don't care about the customer as long has they have a sale that's all they are concerned about.They are just a bunch of Cowboys so BEWARE

How did you get on with this in the end?
jordantavaglione

Worst customer service I have ever had in my life.As stated in the title … Worst customer service I have ever had in my life.As stated in the title the customer service I had with this company was and still is abysmal. I'm not sure if the rest of the reviews on this site are written by people paid to do so but if they aren't then they must have been extremely lucky with this company.I was simply trying to cancel a phone order, I even made the cancellation the same day. I rang the customer service helpline to make the cancellation and i sent an email as requested, my cancellation was confirmed and I naively though that would be the end of it. Extremely long story short, the phone and free gift didn't arrive (which is exactly what you'd expect from a cancellation) however I was still charged for 4 months (for a phone/sim that wasn't even activated) and its been an ordeal dealing with the extremely rude people on the helpdesk, trying to get my money back. It is very possible this case will end up in court.

How did you get on with this in the end?
I think the company is great. No problems ordering or getting through to them on phone or email. I did sent handset back as my provider eventually decided to beat them price wise. The return was simple to do but did take a week for them to confirm it had been received back.
Avoid this company!! I purchased an iPhone 7 from them only to notice the speaker was broke once received. I sent the phone back and had to pay for the postage and packaging. Their policy is to have the phone between 3-5 days but the had mine for 9. I was eventually sent a new phone only to notice that this one was again faulty! The screen was poped out. I rang up and spoke to customer service and they are the worst staff ever. They don't seem to care about my issue. They want me to send my mobile back once again and wait for it to be returned. Prior to this, while they had my phone the mobile service provider billed me for that month. I am out of pocket and had 2 faulty phones. Avoid this avoid this avoid this.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants