Groups

your favourite city

one each & feel free to say why but keep it brief because it's not your own personal travel blog

70 Comments

Budapest

Newcastle upon Tyne
    youtube.com/wat…rUc
    Edited by: "summerof76" 29th Nov 2016

Original Poster

I usually prefer coastal places but Madrid is amazingly beautiful in the daytime & at night
    http://www.allwallpaper.co/wp-content/uploads/ktz/madrid-at-night-new-city-wallpaper-for-desktop-32jaj6t6iat5o21hlmtj4a.jpg

1) San Francisco - honeymooned here. Awesome city (coldest Summer and warmest Winters in the State). So much food and each district has it's own identity, i.e. Chinatown, Japan town, Mission District, Italy District, etc etc

2) Tokyo - massive City. So much going on. Excellent food, and brilliant shops.

3) London - I rate this at the best city in Europe.

4) Hong Kong - second home

5) Krakow - so much history and the architecture is beautiful

6) Rome - pizza on point
    Edited by: "DT89" 29th Nov 2016

Oslo. I'll probably end up retiring there.

dtovey89

1) San Francisco - honeymooned here. Awesome city (coldest Summer and … 1) San Francisco - honeymooned here. Awesome city (coldest Summer and warmest Winters in the State). So much food and each district has it's own identity, i.e. Chinatown, Japan town, Mission District, Italy District, etc etc2) Tokyo - massive City. So much going on. Excellent food, and brilliant shops.3) London - I rate this at the best city in Europe.4) Hong Kong - second home5) Krakow - so much history and the architecture is beautiful6) Rome - pizza on point

Did you not read the question?

Brighton. Always something going on and it hosts The Great Escape festival in May which is the best!

Hong Kong

airfix

Did you not read the question?

I did but keeping it to one and brief allows no room for discussion which this sub forum is all about

dtovey89

I did but keeping it to one and brief allows no room for discussion which … I did but keeping it to one and brief allows no room for discussion which this sub forum is all about

But that's unfair to others who had to choose just one city.

Manchester obviously.

Original Poster

shauneco

Manchester obviously.

no trolling allowed in here X)

Chicago, Mumbai, London and Valencia. Sorry couldn't stick to one (_;) .
    Edited by: "colin4man" 29th Nov 2016

Barcelona

Detmold

Where I spent a happy 2.5 years in the army and fell in love with an female Italian exchange student who was horny as hell (probably why I was so happy)
    Did I tell you the story about my thick lips?
    And the time I took my Citroen Estate onto an old airfield doing about 40mph and hit a bump in the earth?
    And the time in a Ford Fiesta 1300 Sport with recaro bucket seats in the front and there was me and the Italian gf in the front and my mate and his Italian gf in the back (he was a big fella and couldn't "manoeuvre" around the bucket seats and gear stick)

Oh the memories

Edited by: "deeky" 29th Nov 2016

Original Poster

dtovey89

I did but keeping it to one and brief allows no room for discussion which … I did but keeping it to one and brief allows no room for discussion which this sub forum is all about

discussion just leads to arguments though X)
    I have to take your 1st answer of San Francisco but not keen on the concept of a cold summer...must be a lot like Scotland

deeky

Harpurhey

Had to google....Naples looks safer than there

København A very cosy and friendly feeling capital city.

colin4man

Chicago, Mumbai, London and Valencia. Sorry couldn't stick to one (_;) .

just take the first then why Chicago?

Original Poster

I'll throw in the Lion city of Singapore bonkers but beautiful
    https://cache-graphicslib.viator.com/graphicslib/destination/singapore-404316.jpg

airfix

Had to google....Naples looks safer than there

How very dare you. It's the cultural centre of North Manchester. Several hugely respected citizens hail from Harpurhey.

deeky

How very dare you. It's the cultural centre of North Manchester. Several … How very dare you. It's the cultural centre of North Manchester. Several hugely respected citizens hail from Harpurhey.

Is this one of them?

http://l7.alamy.com/zooms/a159a87dbbf24a7eb23bfd74306b5b15/a-mother-pushes-her-pram-through-the-poor-neighbourhoods-in-harpurhey-f0jg48.jpg

davewave

I'm more interested in why Mumbai.

airfix

Is this one of them?

That's not very friendly. Is that the worst one you could find? Go on, go back and try again

DarkEnergy2012

discussion just leads to arguments though X)I have to take your 1st … discussion just leads to arguments though X)I have to take your 1st answer of San Francisco but not keen on the concept of a cold summer...must be a lot like Scotland

It definitely wasn't cold mate! Still very warm but not sweltering like else where. Comfortable to walk in.

philphil61

Where I spent a happy 2.5 years in the army and fell in love with an … Where I spent a happy 2.5 years in the army and fell in love with an female Italian exchange student who was horny as hell (probably why I was so happy)Did I tell you the story about my thick lips?

You and shauneco love referring to a blast from the past.

deeky

I'm more interested in why Mumbai.

​Honeymoon

davewave

​Spent 2 years there as a young unattached male. Living in a 35th floor apartment overlooking the lake and city. Worked hard but played as well.

If you stay in "The Loop" it's as safe as anywhere. You can walk anywhere in the city in half an hour. Great sports. Fantastic Blues clubs. Decent restaurants. Great architecture. Great museums, galleries etc. Good beach life in the summer. I could go on and on.

Finally the Long Island Ice Teas in the bar at the top of the John Hancock building are the best on the planet and the view from there is unbelievable.

deeky

That's not very friendly. Is that the worst one you could find? Go on, go … That's not very friendly. Is that the worst one you could find? Go on, go back and try again

She's not that bad:|

Original Poster

you forgot Buckingham fountain & Cloud Gate but I'll let you off just this once

colin4man

​Spent 2 years there as a young unattached male. Living in a 35th floor a … ​Spent 2 years there as a young unattached male. Living in a 35th floor apartment overlooking the lake and city. Worked hard but played as well.If you stay in "The Loop" it's as safe as anywhere. You can walk anywhere in the city in half an hour. Great sports. Fantastic Blues clubs. Decent restaurants. Great architecture. Great museums, galleries etc. Good beach life in the summer. I could go on and on. Finally the Long Island Ice Teas in the bar at the top of the John Hancock building are the best on the planet and the view from there is unbelievable.

DarkEnergy2012

you forgot Buckingham fountain & Cloud Gate but I'll let you off just … you forgot Buckingham fountain & Cloud Gate but I'll let you off just this once

​I used to love playing softball in Grant Park on a sunny afternoon. Also Navy Pier and the harbour are lovely. Like I said I could have gone on and on and on ........ ad nauseum

deeky

Harpurhey

https://s3.postimg.org/kuejf2nhf/image.png

X)
    Definitely one hugely respected citizen I noticed there

Original Poster

shouldn't that be 1879

just1990

X)Definitely one hugely respected citizen I noticed there

oO I bet you did that Didn't you?

http://a66.tinypic.com/ohjnv6.jpg

Banned

London. There's so many different aspects of this great city.

Last weekend. Acklam Village

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByD59sDIIAEUhvz.jpg

Mid week. Upper Street

http://www.scottishcinemas.org.uk/uk/islington_screen_da2.jpg

This weekend. Shoreditch

http://www.coolplaces.co.uk/system/images/5172/bar-kick-eat-drink-bars-pubs-large.jpg

Edited by: "cchopps" 29th Nov 2016

DarkEnergy2012

shouldn't that be 1879

No

It's supposed to read 1979BC

Original Poster

lovely bins....& a bus stop, everything you need really

cchopps

London. There's so many different aspects of this great city.

Midgar....

Megaton..

NLA...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Iphone 7 - What Case?614
      2. Jury service1721
      3. Getting Student Beams account without being a student11
      4. connect tablet27

See more discussions