Found 19th Mar
What is your favourite cover version? Mine is
. Johnny Cash "hurt"
Community Updates
  1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments
You've already answered my choice with yours! Quality cover, great song.

My second choice would be Jeff Buckleys cover of 'Hallelujah'.

Edited by: "StoneColdJaneAusten" 19th Mar
Sid Vicious - My Way

Sound of Silence - Disturbed. Or Eloise - The Damned.
76 Comments
You've already answered my choice with yours! Quality cover, great song.

My second choice would be Jeff Buckleys cover of 'Hallelujah'.

Edited by: "StoneColdJaneAusten" 19th Mar
Sid Vicious - My Way

Teenage me will never apologise for it... NEVER!

EDIT - Who am I kidding, thirty-year-old me has just listened to it 3 times in a row. I love it with all my heart.
Edited by: "Krooner" 19th Mar
Limp bizkit _ behind blue eyes
Laura Branigan - The Power of Love

Stereophonics... Handbags and Gladrags... I know the guy that wrote that to.. Well to say hello in passing. Don't like Rod Stewarts original version.
Edited by: "wayners" 19th Mar
It's gotta be Russ Abbot's cover of Joy Division - Atmosphere

Seriously though, always been partial to Bauhaus's cover of Brian Eno's 'Third Uncle' and Tori Amos's cover of Nirvana 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' off the top of my head.

I generally like cover versions that either add to the intensity of the original or offer something unique or different, which Johnny Cash's cover of NiN 'Hurt' also brilliantly does!

Edited by: "cicobuff" 19th Mar
OllieSt48 m ago

Sid Vicious - My Way[Video]

Just stop, now
StoneColdJaneAusten53 m ago

You've already answered my choice with yours! Quality cover, great song.My …You've already answered my choice with yours! Quality cover, great song.My second choice would be Jeff Buckleys cover of 'Hallelujah'.[Video]

Have you heard the demo song Jeff Buckley did with Elizabeth Fraser before his death 'All Flowers In Time Bend Towards The Sun'? Remarkable, two amazing singers.

mod
George Micheal's cover of Stevie wonder's they won't go when I go. Dream Theater do some pretty good Pink Floyd covers oh and nutshell by Adema which is a cover of Alice in chains.
Edited by: "niceroundpound" 19th Mar
niceroundpound4 m ago

George Micheal's cover of Stevie wonder's they won't go when I go. Dream …George Micheal's cover of Stevie wonder's they won't go when I go. Dream Theater do some pretty good Pink Floyd covers oh and nutshell by Adema which is a cover of Alice in chains.

That just reminded me

love Johnny Cash singing Hurt. Thanks for the reminder, have to dig out the CD now!
At the moment, probably Daryl Hall - Here Comes The Rain Again

Tool - No Quarter
Kevin The Gerbil - Summer Holiday

StoneColdJaneAusten1 h, 46 m ago

You've already answered my choice with yours! Quality cover, great song.My …You've already answered my choice with yours! Quality cover, great song.My second choice would be Jeff Buckleys cover of 'Hallelujah'.[Video]

Two great choices, love both of them. There is a great version of Hurt with just Trent Reznor and a piano, think he played it at a charity show/benefit, it sounds so fragile it's amazing.

The original hungarian version wasn't as cheerful.
Edited by: "shadey12" 19th Mar
So many to choose from, difficult to cut down to a favourite but possibles would be:

Hurt - Johnny Cash
Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley
Stay - Thirty Seconds To Mars
Faith No More - This Guy's In Love With You
Because The Night... - Natalie Merchant
Crazy Mary - Pearl Jam
and many, many more......
LJM7 m ago

Sound of silence is a great shout, so much power
Very emotional song RedLozzer has posted.

I also quite like Johnny Cash's cover version of U2's One.

My current favourites though have to be Jean Michel Jarre covers covered by Kosovan band Sudar Percussion. I just can't stop listening to these. I think they are fantastic.

Covers include:

Velvet Road

Oxygen 4

And Last Rendez-Vous (Ron's Piece)

Edited by: "LemonHead" 19th Mar
niceroundpound1 h, 19 m ago

George Micheal's cover of Stevie wonder's they won't go when I go. Dream …George Micheal's cover of Stevie wonder's they won't go when I go. Dream Theater do some pretty good Pink Floyd covers oh and nutshell by Adema which is a cover of Alice in chains.

Nutshell by Adema is a different take on a great song. Still think the best version in Alice in Chains on MTV Unplugged. Amazing to hear and see still now. When MTV still made great programs, rather than reality nonsense
Alien Ant Farm

Sheryl crow - fisrt cut is the deepest - original Cat Stevens
Annie Lennox No more i love yous. The original by lover speaks is still better though

Original

Edited by: "themachman" 19th Mar
themachman13 m ago

Annie Lennox No more i love yous. The original by lover speaks is still …Annie Lennox No more i love yous. The original by lover speaks is still better though [Video] Original [Video]

Wow...learn something new, I honestly did not know Annie Lennox was a cover....original is great, slightly marred by Jimmy Iovine's usual 1980s bombastic production.
Krooner3 h, 5 m ago

Teenage me will never apologise for it... NEVER![Video] EDIT - Who am I …Teenage me will never apologise for it... NEVER![Video] EDIT - Who am I kidding, thirty-year-old me has just listened to it 3 times in a row. I love it with all my heart.

Not a patch on when these vampires did it:

A few more metal ones

Paradise Lost - Small Town Boy (Bronski Beat):

Godhead - Eleanor Rigby(the Beatles)

..and the last one is a work of genius

Chris Cornell - One (U2) and One (Metallica) -
Edited by: "spoo" 19th Mar
The Stooges were covered by some great bands...

Depeche Mode - "Dirt"

Slayer - I'm gonna be your God w/ lyrics

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Search And Destroy - B-Side [HD]

Rage Against the Machine- Down on the Street

I have too many favourites so I’ll list a few.

The Hanging Tree- Jamie-Lee

Raise Your Glass- Gavin Mikhail (he does so many more amazing covers btw)

Just A Dream- Sam Tsui ft. Christina Grimmie (RIP . Both also have amazing solo covers)

Love Exists- Amy Lee
Nirvana - Man who sold the world
Disturbed- the sound of silence.
wayners7 h, 45 m ago

Stereophonics... Handbags and Gladrags... I know the guy that wrote that …Stereophonics... Handbags and Gladrags... I know the guy that wrote that to.. Well to say hello in passing. Don't like Rod Stewarts original version.

That would be one of my top choices too.
Ugly Kid Joe - Cats In The Cradle

Faith No More - Easy

Fun Lovin' Criminals - We Have All The Time In The World
Edited by: "splatsplatsplat" 20th Mar
spoo9 h, 2 m ago

A few more metal onesParadise Lost - Small Town Boy (Bronski Beat): …A few more metal onesParadise Lost - Small Town Boy (Bronski Beat): [Video] Godhead - Eleanor Rigby(the Beatles)[Video] ..and the last one is a work of geniusChris Cornell - One (U2) and One (Metallica) - [Video]

Additional Metal/Industrial band covers to consider (from the many more available):

Cover of "Blue Monday" (originally by New Order) by Orgy...

Cover of "Enjoy The Silence" (originally by Depeche Mode) by Lacuna Coil...

Lacuna Coil also covered "Losing My Religion" (by R.E.M)...

Cover of "Wicked Game" (originally by Chris Isaak) by HIM...

Cover of "The Sound of Silence" (originally by Simon & Garfunkel) by Disturbed...

(Sorry @lindus - I just noticed you mentioned the last one a few hours ago. I should have refreshed the page before posting)
Edited by: "fanpages" 20th Mar
splatsplatsplat17 m ago

Ugly Kid Joe - Cats In The Cradle[Video] Faith No More - Easy[Video] Fun …Ugly Kid Joe - Cats In The Cradle[Video] Faith No More - Easy[Video] Fun Lovin' Criminals - We Have All The Time In The World[Video]

Ugly kid joe are good.
Love lucuna coil. X
Rubisco10 h, 21 m ago

Not a patch on when these vampires did it:[Video]

Not enough up chords.
This is the Day - Manic Street Preachers
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions