Your job benefits/perks/ free stuff/ discounts

44 replies
Found 6th Jul 2014
So yeah

What do people get from THIER jobs like perks or discounts. Etc

My friend works in a small local estate company.....he gets a freeeeee.....pen with the logo lol

So what do you get and your company

Thanks

44 Comments

Sex.

As much printer paper as I can sneak out in my bag

My 18 year old secretary. Whenever I want.

lots of fresh air
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/human-scarecrow-285069.jpg

my bosses daughter

None of your business

Banned

Full time Mum at the minute, but I previously worked for The Mall, Norwich and I got extra discount in most of the shops and free cinema tickets and free coffee etc.. even with those extra "perks" I hated the job lol

In my previous job I got cost + 10% + VAT on computer parts and peripherals. Which basically meant that after filling in a form, bugging the area manager for a week to sign in it and withstanding his interrogation to ensure I was not buying the item for resale, I would pay slightly more than if I had just ordered it off Amazon.

Oh and we got free Pizza once a year, on the main company wide stock take day.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 6th Jul 2014

Company Jet,
Company Yatch,
Company Hooker,
Company Tax Avoidance Scheme,
Company Dealer,
Cameron's Ear
And
a Starbucks latte on Fathers day.

I used to work for great universal years ago, the staff discount was Cost + VAT, If targets met (which we did every month) we got a bonus of £2-3+tax per hour including over time), but best union in the free market!
Edited by: "haritori" 6th Jul 2014

As much tap water as I can drink

We get a whole raft of discounts, probably around 100 different companies covering all sorts of different purchases. Unfortunately all the discounts are against RRP, so I've yet to find a discount that made the final price better than what I can find on the internet anyway!

I get the privilege of donating nearly half of my salary to HMRC, does that count as a perk?

slimy31

We get a whole raft of discounts, probably around 100 different companies … We get a whole raft of discounts, probably around 100 different companies covering all sorts of different purchases. Unfortunately all the discounts are against RRP, so I've yet to find a discount that made the final price better than what I can find on the internet anyway!I get the privilege of donating nearly half of my salary to HMRC, does that count as a perk?

Half?

KM4353

Half?

Probably 40% which is getting towards half.

I get plenty of lost parcel & the ones that are not recorded are my favorite ones.

I work full time as a mum I get free hugs and free left over food.

Banned

keypad access to quiet time rooms.

I get lots of discounts in shops. Nandos and KFC are included unfortunately for me! And Vue cinemas too.

deeky

Probably 40% which is getting towards half.

Yup, plus National Insurance contributions for that extra little kick in the teeth from the government...

Bupa medical, travel insurance, life insurance there are prob more but can't think right now...

Free Parking....(_;)

I get as many lie ins as I like.
As many days off and holidays as I like.
Abuse the company car, telephone, credit card etc.
Claim a good gaming computer as office equipment so it reduces my tax bill.
Get my house done up paid for by the company.

All because I am self employed.

donaldduck2

I get as many lie ins as I like.As many days off and holidays as I … I get as many lie ins as I like.As many days off and holidays as I like.Abuse the company car, telephone, credit card etc.Claim a good gaming computer as office equipment so it reduces my tax bill.Get my house done up paid for by the company.All because I am self employed.

I'm self employed and I don't get any of that. I don't think my boss likes me

I'd tell you you but you started your question with 'So yeah'.

donaldduck2

I get as many lie ins as I like.As many days off and holidays as I … I get as many lie ins as I like.As many days off and holidays as I like.Abuse the company car, telephone, credit card etc.Claim a good gaming computer as office equipment so it reduces my tax bill.Get my house done up paid for by the company.All because I am self employed.

Well come April I'll buy your old gaming PC

Banned

I used to sack anyone helping themselves to 'five fingered perks'.

vics219

I'm self employed and I don't get any of that. I don't think my boss … I'm self employed and I don't get any of that. I don't think my boss likes me

Keep at it and it will get better.

Original Poster

donaldduck2

Keep at it and it will get better.

Can I ask, What exactly do you do? as a self employed? like what sort of business?

Thank You

Original Poster

craigstephens

I'd tell you you but you started your question with 'So yeah'.

So yeah :P why did you YOU wrote it twice?....

markhuges

So yeah :P why did you YOU wrote it twice?....

Why do you write 'wrote'?

How is being a mum a job unless you are a foster carer?

Original Poster

craigstephens

Why do you write 'wrote'?

I Win

Why did you write "wrote"?

jwomble

How is being a mum a job unless you are a foster carer?

oh no, why did you have to write that .........

Free food.

markhuges

I Win Why did you write "wrote"?

Nah, my sentence makes sense. Yours doesn't.

10% Discount, Raised to 20% 4 times a year.
Private Health Care
Profit Share usually 2.5-3.0% of P60
20 Weeks full sick pay
6.5 Weeks full paid holiday
Annual long service award of £500 each Christmas.
Annual Sharesave scheme with 20% off share price on start day.
Cost price canteen food.
Plus lots of discount deals with other companies eg Alton Towers, Vauxhall etc etc

ianshona

10% Discount, Raised to 20% 4 times a year.Private Health CareProfit … 10% Discount, Raised to 20% 4 times a year.Private Health CareProfit Share usually 2.5-3.0% of P6020 Weeks full sick pay6.5 Weeks full paid holidayAnnual long service award of £500 each Christmas.Annual Sharesave scheme with 20% off share price on start day.Cost price canteen food.Plus lots of discount deals with other companies eg Alton Towers, Vauxhall etc etc

John Lewis/Waitrose?

Opportunity to earn massive big Bonus for my boss despite of company is in loss.

and I am on dole

ianshona

6.5 Weeks full paid holiday etc

Wow, I get 31 days, plus publics and I thought I had a lot!

AberdeenDad

Wow, I get 31 days, plus publics and I thought I had a lot!

17 weeks here...
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition74845
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk44
    3. Win free gin for a year99
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines65

See more discussions