Your most hated TV advert ever.

93 replies
Found 5th Mar
What is the most hated TV advert you have ever seen? And if possible post links of the advert.

Me personally I hate a lot, from the go compare ad to the old halifax adverts, from that money supermarket high heels ass size-increasing-injection man to the admiral Multicar ads. The ones for me that are taking the P are the VI-poo, that "I'm a woman" 'Sport England' anti-male advert and the hungry house "chow mein" advert.

1. Misc
  2. TV
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. TV
Top comments

All adverts for charities that revolve around Africa.

Its a joke, they must pay hundreds of thousands for certain famous actors to advertise for them (i doubt they do it for free), then you have the CEOs who take hundreds of thousands in wages, each and every year. The government should cap wages payable to charity CEOs, I get the argument that they want the best people for the job, but as its a charity the best should still be willing to work there for perhaps less than they could get elsewhere.
Edited by: "mac9091" 5th Mar
93 Comments

Not TV but recent radio advert. British Gas with that effin penguin.

there's been so many, but recently the sky sports advert with David Beckham. drove the dog mad, soon as he heard the tune in the advert he'd go crazy start barking and growling when that ad came on lol. think it had something to do with him running towards the screen. ended up driving me nuts too haha

ditto radio x 2

eBay smug voiceover guy, "wiper blades"

&

"I have cancer, I'm cold" etc. great cause, terrible advert

Do the shake & vac blah blah blah infuriating bl*******y woman ......oO

That insurance quotes one... the one with the builder in skin tight trousers or shorts dancing. I can't remember what it is as I turn the tv over when it's on. Gaaahhh!!

A couple that moved me to complain to the ASA were one by PC World which marketed their new Wifi-enabled laptops as being able to access the internet from anywhere, up to and including the tops of snowy mountains. A few other folk also complained about that one, and they ruled that it be pulled. Another one was by a company and for a product which memory fails me on, which used a freakishly loud smoke alarm sound effect, which sounded exactly like my own. Naturally, I shat a brick each time the ad came on.

In song " Gladstone Broooooooooks"
Absolute ****

The stupid Maoam sweet advert really gets my goat!
Jumping and jiggling around to annoying music with a sweet in your mouth.
DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME KIDS!
Aargh!
Edited by: "chuckiedoll" 5th Mar

That - because im a woman ad and the pork balls just eat advert

VIPpoo spray thingy ad..it's so gross..

All adverts for charities that revolve around Africa.

Its a joke, they must pay hundreds of thousands for certain famous actors to advertise for them (i doubt they do it for free), then you have the CEOs who take hundreds of thousands in wages, each and every year. The government should cap wages payable to charity CEOs, I get the argument that they want the best people for the job, but as its a charity the best should still be willing to work there for perhaps less than they could get elsewhere.
Edited by: "mac9091" 5th Mar

Sauvage as with Jonny depp

I avoid them by only recording everything I want to watch and then I can fast forward through the adverts.

The one with the young boy examining the stuff from a dishwasher with a magnifier.. BORING

These: But as least they concluded with what we all thought, in the end!

(clicky)
[img]https//i.…mg]

Edited by: "FloatingWilson" 5th Mar

As clean as a man named Dave.

That kids needs a good shoeing.

im gonna get slaughtered for saying it but ive got to still say it.
every advert with a token black woman in it just so the people making the advert dont get accused or racism !
or every advert that seems to think that every group of 3 women or 3 men had definitely 100% got a black mate with big afro hair !
im not racist, i like black people but not everyone has a black friend !

ins claims
car ads
soap ads
money loans
sky/virgin/bt
Car/home ins
Harveys sale
the sofa co
the lot

lollypoplee

im gonna get slaughtered for saying it but ive got to still say it.every … im gonna get slaughtered for saying it but ive got to still say it.every advert with a token black woman in it just so the people making the advert dont get accused or racism !or every advert that seems to think that every group of 3 women or 3 men had definitely 100% got a black mate with big afro hair !im not racist, i like black people but not everyone has a black friend !

Maybe they have a brown friend (_;)

This drove me nuts. I would have bought the safestyle windows
just to shut him up. You got it in every advert break in the afternoons.

click me

Over 50's plan with bloody Parky!!!!
youtu.be/jzM…Dvw

summerof76

I hate this advert https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pFJh-xUXbE:{

shabbird

This drove me nuts. I would have bought the safestyle windows just to … This drove me nuts. I would have bought the safestyle windows just to shut him up. You got it in every advert break in the afternoons. click me

Ditto

jet2 airways hate this advert the music drives me crazy

This one. Have you noticed they only ever use things sold by Lakeland, or made by Kitchenaid or Smeg.

[img]metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/201…jpg?w=748&h=497&crop=1[/img]

Other cooking shows it's all about Le Crusset. Tell me that they don't get remuneration of some kind for that.
Edited by: "MSK." 5th Mar

jet2

All those admiral insurance adverts. The kinder chocolate adverts. If he wasn't a cartoon I'd throttle that child. The kid who wants to make a space ship out of the washing up bottle. Any advert that is clearly dubbed

The Andrex ads with the pretentious brats claiming they are as clean as a washed potato, even typing it makes me cringe inside.

kensington143

The one with the young boy examining the stuff from a dishwasher with a … The one with the young boy examining the stuff from a dishwasher with a magnifier.. BORING

If he's that picky I'd make him do all the washing and drying up by hand!

Any advert aimed at kids like children's itv run up to Christmas the kids go wild for the most rubbish toys any advert aimed at children whether it's drink sweets toys cereals or whatever should be banned by the ASA

Original Poster

summerof76

I hate this advert https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pFJh-xUXbE:{

If they were selling beds those two would have used them all

Original Poster

Ninbox4

These: But as lest they concluded what we all thought, in the end! … These: But as lest they concluded what we all thought, in the end! (clicky)[img]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ROCRoTz4oL4/hqdefault.jpg?[/img]

I liked it when they killed him, unfortunately somehow he came back to life

that dreadful new meerkats advert with the frozen theme.

Struggling to think of an advert I enjoy at the moment. They are all just dire, and many seem to have air time of over 3 years.

Oh, special mention to that bloody vacuum cleaner.
Gtech air ram. It's sooooo long and boring. That advert must cost an actual fortune as it goes on for like 3 minutes!

That Brummy cupcakes advert.

any gambling advert, they're ruining people's lives

wifi300usb

any gambling advert, they're ruining people's lives

​you wanna bet !

That Gtech AirRam advert - it's always on!

So glad i don't have TV
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet1429
    2. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…49
    3. The HUKD Wuntu code sharing thread! (Three Mobile)98196
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769442

See more discussions