Your opinion on this PC build

Posted 25th AugEdited by:"TheMan_Aman"
Looking for any advice on the following build. Planning on purchasing the parts in September. I don't intend to go for the Nvidia RTX 3 series coming out soon (Always prefer to be 1 generation behind, plus cheaper).

Appreciate your time and thanks in advance!

uk.pcpartpicker.com/lis…ptp
Community Updates
Misc
16 Comments
I’m not sure where to start.. are you planning overclock?
I know you're ruling out 3000 series but id at least wait for benchmarks and prices when spending £1200+ on a GPU alone which is more than they were on release.
MrMaxPackage25/08/2020 20:34

If this is a gaming machine most of not all of those parts are questionable, have you just selected the most expensive item in the list?

I can see why no one is entertaining this
MrMaxPackage25/08/2020 20:34

Not immediately
MrMaxPackage25/08/2020 20:39

If this is a gaming machine most of not all of those parts are …If this is a gaming machine most of not all of those parts are questionable, have you just selected the most expensive item in the list? I can see why no one is entertaining this

It's for gaming/rendering
MrKrabs25/08/2020 20:38

I know you're ruling out 3000 series but id at least wait for benchmarks …I know you're ruling out 3000 series but id at least wait for benchmarks and prices when spending £1200+ on a GPU alone which is more than they were on release.

They should be our before I have purchased all parts so if the prices are very similar to a 2080ti then I will look into it.

Cheers
I don't see much wrong with what you're going for but the prices. Nah example ram is £160 I've seen it much cheaper on here for similar ram
Example hotukdeals.com/deals/corsair-vengeance-lpx-32gb-2x16gb-ddr4-dram-3200mhz-c16-memory-kit-black-ps9971-ps95-fee-free-at-amazon-germany-3530665

Also if I was going to spend £1k on a gpu I'll wait even if it's not worth the price difference the 2000 series will drop

Idk about the £170 1tb NVMe either I personally would look for something around £100 mark also remember Black Friday is November and there's Prime Day
Edited by: "Abidaboviveru" 25th Aug
Bertz9925/08/2020 23:29

Comment deleted

it won't make a difference besides you can overclock ram
Definitely not worth the extra £65
Edited by: "Abidaboviveru" 25th Aug
Bertz9925/08/2020 23:29

Comment deleted

That's why its a no brainer for me to get the 3950x

Regarding the £0 items, I will be reusing them from my current build.

Cheers
Being one generation behind is definitely not cheaper here when you're paying over £1000 for a 2080ti because it's likely you'll get the same level of performance from a 3000 series card but for a much lower cost as well as using less power and producing less heat. Alternatively a £1200 3000 series card will likely outperform a 2080ti and be supported for longer.

Given how close it is to the launch of the cards I think it's worth waiting to at least see what the 3000 cards offer, if you still want a 2000 series card there's a better chance at reduced prices.
Johnmcl726/08/2020 00:01

Being one generation behind is definitely not cheaper here when you're …Being one generation behind is definitely not cheaper here when you're paying over £1000 for a 2080ti because it's likely you'll get the same level of performance from a 3000 series card but for a much lower cost as well as using less power and producing less heat. Alternatively a £1200 3000 series card will likely outperform a 2080ti and be supported for longer.Given how close it is to the launch of the cards I think it's worth waiting to at least see what the 3000 cards offer, if you still want a 2000 series card there's a better chance at reduced prices.

I will be purchasing these parts most likely near the end of September, so I'll be keeping a close eye out on the 3000 series.
TheMan_Aman26/08/2020 00:23

I will be purchasing these parts most likely near the end of September, so …I will be purchasing these parts most likely near the end of September, so I'll be keeping a close eye out on the 3000 series.

Also see what AMD has to offer
Nvidia and Intel are a joke
Intel is the biggest, they're done

Nvidia will be overpriced so I'm looking to see what AMD will offer
There's rumours about Big Navi being a Nvidia killer
Abidaboviveru26/08/2020 00:41

Also see what AMD has to offerNvidia and Intel are a joke Intel is the …Also see what AMD has to offerNvidia and Intel are a joke Intel is the biggest, they're done Nvidia will be overpriced so I'm looking to see what AMD will offer There's rumours about Big Navi being a Nvidia killer

I sure hope so. Intel got done when AMD upped their game in CPUs, here's hoping they take out Nvidia sooner rather then later.
TheMan_Aman26/08/2020 00:45

I sure hope so. Intel got done when AMD upped their game in CPUs, here's …I sure hope so. Intel got done when AMD upped their game in CPUs, here's hoping they take out Nvidia sooner rather then later.

Yeah I don't even remember the last time I've heard about someone using a Intel in their builds
That's what happens when you make overpriced cards and try to rip off customers by keeping prices high
I have a 5700XT great card for the money problem is it's more in the same league as 2070/S not 2080 Super plus No Raytracing but apparently with their upcoming card they're going to make a card more powerful than a 2080Super for much cheaper, again rumours but I don't doubt it

The 2080 shouldn't be so much

I remember thinking it was expensive when 980 was £500-600
Now the top end cards are double and it wasn't even that long ago
Edited by: "Abidaboviveru" 26th Aug
Abidaboviveru26/08/2020 00:58

Yeah I don't even remember the last time I've heard about someone using a …Yeah I don't even remember the last time I've heard about someone using a Intel in their buildsThat's what happens when you make overpriced cards and try to rip off customers by keeping prices highI have a 5700XT great card for the money problem is it's more in the same league as 2070/S not 2080 Super plus No Raytracing but apparently with their upcoming card they're going to make a card more powerful than a 2080Super for much cheaper, again rumours but I don't doubt itThe 2080 shouldn't be so muchI remember thinking it was expensive when 980 was £500-600Now the top end cards are double and it wasn't even that long ago

My last (and current) Intel build was using an i7 4790K. So an upgrade is definitely required.
Not sure when 4000 series Zen 3 Ryzen will land - expectations are high that it will close the IPC gap to Intel - and the X570 is designed for it but may need an older CPU to update the BIOS unless it has CPU-less flashback capability - alternatively, if 4000 does land within the time frame, wait for "4000 ready" boards
Post a comment
@
    Text