Your thoughts on the Xiaomi Brand?

Found 26th Oct 2017
Hi All,

Since the Xiaomi brand began to appear on this site I have bought numerous products ranging from mi bands, earphones, power banks and phones. However I have been having problems with the phones and I don't know whether its just my luck or if anyone else is having problems and not saying anything?

I started with a Redmi Note 2 which was fine until I smashed the screen and then moved onto the Redmi Note 3. I am on my 2nd with the first one being returned to an eBay seller for a refund when the phone decided that the headphones were always connected. My 2nd phone now has charging issues whereby it stops at around 30% and then you have to constantly take the charger in and out to get it to fully charge, you leave it some nights only to find it stopped charging 1% later - I tried re-flashing and other options but to know avail they just became faulty.

I love the brand; but with my second phone going wrong should I cut my losses and try something else or try the Redmi note 4/5 or even the A1?

Has anybody had any problems with the phones? Is it just that we live in a throw away society and we move onto the next thing every few months? or am I in the minority ad its just my bad luck! lol

I'm tempted to get the Xiaomi air laptop but with my phone problems I'm not sure if I can trust the brand with an expensive purchase with no real come back/warranty if something goes wrong.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
9 Comments

I honestly wouldn’t touch them for high priced items and definetly not bought straight from China. They make some decent spec stuff for low prices but it doesn’t take a genius to work out where those cost savings are made.

I agree, I wouldn't buy anything high priced from them, I have a a Redmi Note 4 and Mi Band 2, both bought from China, and think they are excellent for the price but the lack of warranty would put me off anything more expensive.

The one you're having problems charging, have you tried another cable? Recently I was getting frustrated with my phone, would only charge to 40-50%, or would charge very slowly, or not at all over 12 hours. I was trying various things to get a full charge and then found I wasn't getting past 10-20%. I'd read about trying a different charger but dismissed this as "if it's charging it's charging" and the micro USB plug was longer than standard so not easy to just try another. In the end I modded another cable and to my surprise it charged quickly and fully.

Sounds like you may have the same issue, especially when you say plugging and unplugging gets it going as that sounds like a broken wire that you're shoogling (technical term) and losing/making a connection, and when you have a connection it's tenuous.
Edited by: "bryanhaines399" 26th Oct 2017

My Redmi Note 4 can be a bit temperamental when charging it doesn't seem to like some some chargers and cables and just flashes!

Original Poster

Thanks for everyone's response so far - I have tried different cables and standalone android phone chargers which have not resolved the issue. Its interesting to hear that I am potentially not the only one. I was hoping the Note 4 might have fixed any potential bugs but by the looks of skaman's reply it might be a problem still

I've had the Mi Max for over a year and it occasionally freezes/hangs etc and a few charging issues now and again but then I've had all these issues and more with every smartphone I've owned so far so I don't see it as anything out of the ordinary.

Also a Samsung USB charger plug worked wonders on my charging issue, whether that fixed it or was a fluke I don't know.

I had a quick look online and
was suggested (it's in not in English but easy to follow) to fix charging issues on redmi note 3.

Also found this which has some suggestions. If you're not comfortable flashing ROMs then option 4 sounds Luke a safe and easy option.
Edited by: "bryanhaines399" 26th Oct 2017

Original Poster

bryanhaines39923 m ago

I had a quick look online and [Video] was suggested (it's in not in …I had a quick look online and [Video] was suggested (it's in not in English but easy to follow) to fix charging issues on redmi note 3.Also found this which has some suggestions. If you're not comfortable flashing ROMs then option 4 sounds Luke a safe and easy option.

Thanks for looking for a solution for me, I have just enabled USB de bugging under developer mode so fingers crossed that will have the desired effect

We've got the following and not yet had an issue with any:
4x Mi Band 1S
1x Mi Band 2
1x Xiaomi Yi Action Camera (+ various accessories such as the BT remote)
1x Xiaomi Xiaoyi Wifi Smart Camera (720P IR)
1x Mi Mini Router
1x Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Global (4GB/64GB)
1x Xiaomi Hybrid Headphones (dual driver)
3x Various low end Xiaomi Headphones (under ~£3)
2x Xiaomi BT4.0 Speaker

I feel like I have some other stuff but can't remember off the top of my head.
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 26th Oct 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants