Groups

Youtube Legal Rights

I posted a video of a recent football match on youtube ( i have sky sports so i recorded it on my phone and put it on youtube) and it got taken down by the football league claiming copyright infringments.

I'm not very clued up on all of this but what have i done wrong? I have paid for skysports so therefore its my business what i do with it?

11 Comments

Other people haven't paid to watch it.

They own the rights for football footage, not you.

I have paid for skysports so therefore its my business what i do with it?

That made me lol. X)

You have infringed copyright...........that's what you have done. You don't own the rights just because it comes down from space to your TV set. lol

I'd assume its as you dont hold the actual rights to the footage

You have the right to watch it, not distribute it in any way. Same reason you can't legally buy a cd or dvd and post them online for people to download.

paying for sky sports entitles you to watch it,not distribute it.

Original Poster

Okay, so how come there are tons of footy videos on youtube which are not from an official football league channel etc?

Not very clued up is correct. You pay to watch it sky pay to distribute it. Football league sell the rights for which i am sure you were unsuccessful in bidding for? So you cannot distribute it

Waiting for OP to unveil himself as Rupert Murdoch and that he does hold the rights.

kiwinator

Okay, so how come there are tons of footy videos on youtube which are not … Okay, so how come there are tons of footy videos on youtube which are not from an official football league channel etc?

because they are of little importance to right holders.

So you thought your sky subscription gave you the right to broadcast football highlights. You couldn't have got the broadcast rights that cheap even when itv digital folded
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?2280
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846144
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764119
      4. Sad news about Barcelona2393

See more discussions