YouTube, Netflix, NowTV Prime are my main entertainment theses days .Are these formats taking over Sky , Virgin and terrestrial TV ?

Posted 8th Feb
As Years Go by I seem to be using YouTube , Netflix and prime Nowtv for my TV content.
Apple music for MUSIC!!
And Spotify sometimes.
it works out so much cheaper when you use family sharing groups .
I Can see Amazon taking over the premier League football over the next 5 years . They have so much more money than Sky and BT .
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

15 Comments
I haven't watched terrestrial TV in over 10-15yrs. Don't even pay a license. Only watch Twitch TV, Netflix, Youtube, movies through Plex. Recent surveys reveal that 'family' TV is of the past, children preferring the simplicity of instant access of videos via tablets etc. Just relates the way of the world now.
With how draconian tv licences are, the inevitible subscription based internet television will become the main and eventual only viewing option

39866397-CG0Ry.jpg
Sky owns now tv soo....
deals6908/02/2020 22:47

Sky owns now tv soo....

Yep I no that !!!
And isn't it great I get Sky sports for £7 a month !
yozzman123408/02/2020 22:53

Yep I no that !!!And isn't it great I get Sky sports for £7 a month !

Now TV taking over sky to you😁
39866736-xMemU.jpg
Sure Amazon are rich but no way there will be just 1 PL broadcaster anytime soon. People are happily paying for 2 subs! If anything I see Amazon taking away BT's rights OR the rights are restructured to reduce Sky's games and increase Amazon's to accommodate 3 providers.

Wouldn't underestimate Comcast (Sky).
Traditional TV served two purposes - news as the government wanted you to see it and other content aggregation. This also allowed broadcasters to bundle content that no one really watched and still get paid for it.

With broadband technology now making content delivery easy, and news almost entirely free online thanks to social media, there is no reason to stay with a single source for content delivery. Everyone can choose what they want to see, and decide how much they are willing to pay.

While BBC license fee is in force until 2027, I wouldn't be surprised if the trend away from watching live TV accelerates and hastens the death of the license. The only people paying for it will be those who pay it reflexively (the scourge of most household budgets is invisible direct debits) and those who actually like the content. The older generation doesn't pay anyway (something I disagree with - make it means tested, not free for everyone).
bozo00709/02/2020 08:12

....The older generation doesn't pay anyway (something I disagree with - …....The older generation doesn't pay anyway (something I disagree with - make it means tested, not free for everyone).

Free TV licenses for all over 75s ends on 31st May this year. Only those receiving pension credits are then eligible.
yozzman123408/02/2020 22:53

Yep I no that !!!And isn't it great I get Sky sports for £7 a month !

I look out for deals, and I usually end up paying around the £17 mark for my NowTV Monthly Sky Sports Passes. Is there a way of getting it for £7?
The Mrs recently opted for a Youtube subscription. She watches a lot of vblogs. I'm able to use the Google Music app with her account at the same time it seems. If the situation holds we may go permanent with it.
sean856609/02/2020 10:14

I look out for deals, and I usually end up paying around the £17 mark for …I look out for deals, and I usually end up paying around the £17 mark for my NowTV Monthly Sky Sports Passes. Is there a way of getting it for £7?

Yes find 2 other people.
I share it with my bro and dad .
So £23 into 3. £20 a month for Sky Sports and £3 for the Boost that allows 3 the uses at one time and full HD content.
At the end of the day you pay for the content you want.
captainbeaky09/02/2020 09:40

Free TV licenses for all over 75s ends on 31st May this year. Only those …Free TV licenses for all over 75s ends on 31st May this year. Only those receiving pension credits are then eligible.

The older generation votes, it won't go away so easily. Taxpayers will eventually end up paying.
Pretty much the same as everyone. My kids don't know about terrestrial TV. They watch YT, Netflix, plex.

Until the sharing is allowed, it will be fantastic to have all the services available for not so much money.

With all my entertainment needs, which Inc official apps too from other regions, think for the whole year it costs me £100. For that I get every single Premier league and European champions league /europa, FA Cup, plus the usual Netflix, prime etc etc.
Aren't Netflix something like $13 billion in debt? For me they don't update their catalogue enough.
Only thing I watch on the BBC is Click and that is only if it is an episode I fancy watching.

I mainly use Youtube and Amazon. I find Amazon good value for money, what with the delivery, prime video, prime music, e-books and so on. All for £7.99 p/m.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants