YouTube premium

Posted 24th Aug
Hi wise shoppers and friendly people.
I am thinking of getting YouTube premium because I am getting so many ads. Do you have any suggestions on how i could get it slightly cheap?
(I'll be getting the family pack because it gives up to 5 users within the same household)
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
VPN to india and get youtube premium and youtube music for a couple of quid a month. Thats a family subscription
Vanced on Android might be all you need.
31 Comments
VPN to india and get youtube premium and youtube music for a couple of quid a month. Thats a family subscription
sparx198124/08/2020 14:49

VPN to india and get youtube premium and youtube music for a couple of …VPN to india and get youtube premium and youtube music for a couple of quid a month. Thats a family subscription

How many devices or accounts in that? Thanks
Vanced on Android might be all you need.
ive been using the india one i just put my india address in and it works fine ... im not sure what payment method works though as my cousin in india uses his card
Vanced
PenguinsForAll24/08/2020 17:59

https://vanced.app/ free app for Android. You'll have to google one for …https://vanced.app/ free app for Android. You'll have to google one for iOS..On your PC download uBlock Origin adblocker: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-origin/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm?hl=en https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/Ads are a thing of the past.

thank you for the link
Vanced = app that blocks ads, similar to ad blocker. Creators don't receive AdSense revenue from it.

YT Premium = Google takes a cut, then the rest of the money you pay is split between the creators you watch based on watch time. The more you watch a creator in a month, the more of your YouTube Premium subscription money they receive.

I'd imagine YT Premium India will pay less to creators than YT Premium UK, but also more than ads would. For the sake of £1ish a month India is worth it as you also get ad free on all platforms (including console and smart TV where Vanced won't work).
Edited by: "jamie15" 25th Aug
The Mrs watches full length foreign language soap operas and vloggers on YouTube so we just got a subscription. Then I realised for a few extra £ we could get a family sub and now I'm free of ads too. And the Google Play Music app is an alternative to Spotify that comes free with YouTube Premium. For a family wanting to use YouTube and all you can eat music, it may make sense.
harrythefish25/08/2020 20:30

The Mrs watches full length foreign language soap operas and vloggers on …The Mrs watches full length foreign language soap operas and vloggers on YouTube so we just got a subscription. Then I realised for a few extra £ we could get a family sub and now I'm free of ads too. And the Google Play Music app is an alternative to Spotify that comes free with YouTube Premium. For a family wanting to use YouTube and all you can eat music, it may make sense.

Google Play Music is shutting down, it's migrating to YouTube Music.
jamie1525/08/2020 22:23

Google Play Music is shutting down, it's migrating to YouTube Music.

Yes was aware of that. Installed the YouTube Music app a while ago. There's a listen only mode in YouTube Music and a button to import your Play Music library to it. So I'm expecting the same functionality to be covered in our family YouTube premium sub.
harrythefish26/08/2020 16:53

Yes was aware of that. Installed the YouTube Music app a while ago. …Yes was aware of that. Installed the YouTube Music app a while ago. There's a listen only mode in YouTube Music and a button to import your Play Music library to it. So I'm expecting the same functionality to be covered in our family YouTube premium sub.

Main downside to YT Music for me is that you can't ask Google Assistant to play playlists on Google Home, a basic functionality supported by Play Music already!
jamie1526/08/2020 16:55

Main downside to YT Music for me is that you can't ask Google Assistant to …Main downside to YT Music for me is that you can't ask Google Assistant to play playlists on Google Home, a basic functionality supported by Play Music already!

I believe this feature is available with YT premium and YouTube Music premium, right?
123sonny12330/08/2020 22:07

I believe this feature is available with YT premium and YouTube Music …I believe this feature is available with YT premium and YouTube Music premium, right?

No it is not
jamie1526/08/2020 16:55

Main downside to YT Music for me is that you can't ask Google Assistant to …Main downside to YT Music for me is that you can't ask Google Assistant to play playlists on Google Home, a basic functionality supported by Play Music already!

But you can cast a playlist to Google home devices, no drama really.
Edited by: "SaltyExpert" 30th Aug
SaltyExpert30/08/2020 22:18

But you can cast a playlist to Google home devices, no drama really.

It is basic missing functionality. GPM had it already. Casting is supported by lots of apps, but for a smart voice controlled speaker this should be supported on a Google first party service. Even Spotify supports this functionality.
jamie1530/08/2020 22:20

It is basic missing functionality. GPM had it already. Casting is …It is basic missing functionality. GPM had it already. Casting is supported by lots of apps, but for a smart voice controlled speaker this should be supported on a Google first party service. Even Spotify supports this functionality.

Bothers me not, it'll come eventually after all the feedback, maybe.
Until then, I will just press cast.
SaltyExpert30/08/2020 22:23

Bothers me not, it'll come eventually after all the feedback, maybe. Until …Bothers me not, it'll come eventually after all the feedback, maybe. Until then, I will just press cast.

Casting is not the same. If my phone is on charging downstairs and I want to play playlist upstairs on my Google voice speaker, I have to go downstairs to cast it. It is so stupid!
jamie1530/08/2020 22:24

Casting is not the same. If my phone is on charging downstairs and I want …Casting is not the same. If my phone is on charging downstairs and I want to play playlist upstairs on my Google voice speaker, I have to go downstairs to cast it. It is so stupid!

I have just tried it, it works via voice command, not tried before TBF.

I had to say "play MY (insert name of playlist)"

But it worked
SaltyExpert30/08/2020 22:31

I have just tried it, it works via voice command, not tried before TBF.I …I have just tried it, it works via voice command, not tried before TBF.I had to say "play MY (insert name of playlist)"But it worked

Very unusual considering the functionality is not supported in the UK.
jamie1530/08/2020 22:53

Very unusual considering the functionality is not supported in the UK.

Ok, I am lying. Hang on, I will just upload a video to YouTube to prove it
Couple of playlists didn't work correctly, but others did.
jamie1530/08/2020 22:08

No it is not

You are right. Oh cr@p.

However, I just spent last hour browsing and it looks like they have introduced it for YT Music Free and Premium in the States...and hopefully will be rolling out to UK this year.
SaltyExpert30/08/2020 22:55

Ok, I am lying. Hang on, I will just upload a video to YouTube to prove it …Ok, I am lying. Hang on, I will just upload a video to YouTube to prove it Couple of playlists didn't work correctly, but others did.

Not accusing you of anything but just stating facts.
jamie1530/08/2020 22:56

Not accusing you of anything but just stating facts.

Have you tried it recently? They always rolling out stuff behind the scenes, maybe rename a playlist to something else and that resync may work?
Edited by: "SaltyExpert" 30th Aug
123sonny12330/08/2020 22:56

You are right. Oh cr@p. However, I just spent last hour browsing and it … You are right. Oh cr@p. However, I just spent last hour browsing and it looks like they have introduced it for YT Music Free and Premium in the States...and hopefully will be rolling out to UK this year.

Hopefully, but Google are very slow when it comes to things like this.
SaltyExpert30/08/2020 22:58

Have you tried it recently? They always rolling out stuff behind the …Have you tried it recently? They always rolling out stuff behind the scenes, maybe rename a playlist to something else and that resync may work?

Yep tried to no avail. Maybe your device is set to US region? It was launched in 'testing' there this month.
Doesn't work for me
jamie1530/08/2020 23:02

Yep tried to no avail. Maybe your device is set to US region? It was …Yep tried to no avail. Maybe your device is set to US region? It was launched in 'testing' there this month.

UK region, odd this, a couple do work, majority don't though
I'm gonna do the VPN thing and go for a YT premium sub anyway because I like the idea off 'screen off' playing . YT Vanced Is a pain on my android set up and for a couple quid, YT premium is worth it. My father-in-law has a place in India so I don't feel bad about doing it either as his daughter will be making use of it!

However , the voice control and requesting of playlists is the No. 1 feature I need...and I am certain it will come to UK at some point on YT premium and YT FREE
Surely watching ads for just a few seconds is a good thing, as it helps your favourite YouTuber keep going.
Edited by: "dorset_taco" 31st Aug
Post a comment
@
    Text