Expired

Youtube stops playing and cuts off internet connection

Found 13th Jun 2013
Frequently when I use youtube to watch videos the video will stop playing and won't play again. As well as that the entire webpages stop working and won't reload or work at all until i restart the computer.

This happens on chrome, IE and firefox so it isn't a problem with the browser. It appears to be a certain problem that's making youtube stop working which is then interfering with all webpages.

Anyone got any ideas?
Community Updates
MiscInternet
32 Comments
Fine on O2.
why this question is raised here... I think you might get better response if you discuss in some tech forums...
this is hot UK deals...
dealfinder112233

why this question is raised here... I think you might get better response … why this question is raised here... I think you might get better response if you discuss in some tech forums...this is hot UK deals...

"dealfinder"

Hasn't posted a single deal.

Seems to be okay for me, was lagging a bit last night though!
dealfinder112233

why this question is raised here... I think you might get better response … why this question is raised here... I think you might get better response if you discuss in some tech forums...this is hot UK deals...

Thanks for the help.
clean up your machine, reg clean, shortcuts, defrag HDD, check you don't have loads of back ground processes running and get rid of them and uninstall unneeded programs, etc
Sounds like a graphic issues,,i had this happen 3 years back im sure it was down to the graphic card trying to remember. It to also cut the internet off when play vids.
timtom13

Sounds like a graphic issues,,i had this happen 3 years back im sure it … Sounds like a graphic issues,,i had this happen 3 years back im sure it was down to the graphic card trying to remember. It to also cut the internet off when play vids.

Is there a way to fix it? Uninstall a certain program?
DestinyCalls815

"dealfinder"Hasn't posted a single deal.

His username is dealfinder not dealsharer!

Edit: I bottled it and removed the ruder version lol (remembering your recent holiday and not knowing the reason behind it DC)
Edited by: "markq" 13th Jun 2013
ainsleyb

Is there a way to fix it? Uninstall a certain program?

I`m still unsure what i did to this person computer,i'm getting old my memory like a sieve, i might need to phone this person up "has he will remember more then i do about it lol.
Just spoke to this person "he told me that i ran a virus scan on his computer,the virus was on his browser. an script virus that activates when you use the flash window of youtube.He also said i booted it in safe mode to kill it,and i got my hair off with it and did a total reformat on his pc tower lmao oh well i hope this helps you out.
[quote=timtom13]Just spoke to this person "he told me that i ran a virus scan on his computer,the virus was on his browser. an script virus that activates when you use the flash window of youtube.He also said i booted it in safe mode to kill it,and i got my hair off with it and did a total reformat on his pc tower lmao oh well i hope this helps you out.[/quote

Thanks for looking into it, i've run a virus scan and there weren't any problems so I'm not sure what it could be.
Could be a faulty Ethernet / motherboard /cable high temps on your gpu when vids are playing your cpu fan not cooling,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, did you install this? http://download.cnet.com/SpeedFan/3000-2094_4-10067444.html
post the results on here what temps you running.
Edited by: "timtom13" 13th Jun 2013
Ive had this previously. Pretty sure i had a virus. As mentioned above. Computer probably needs a virus scan and a clean up.

Mines working fine now i just can't remember what actually fixed it!
Edited by: "Starr" 13th Jun 2013
Flash player so uninstall it through control panel. And Install a newer version of flash player again.
This is why i got my hair off with it now i remember , i just did a full windows xp install.;o)
When you watch youtube vids does it stop after a certain amount of time? Each time
timtom your posts are very hard to read, is 13 your age?
ainsleyb download this http://www.filehippo.com/download_hijackthis/

And post the results here,this will help you out trust me.
Starr

When you watch youtube vids does it stop after a certain amount of time? … When you watch youtube vids does it stop after a certain amount of time? Each time

probably stops at the end of the video..:|
dataload

probably stops at the end of the video..:|

Nope they stop randomly. I'm going to try the download that Timtom recommended.
I need to no the temps of your fans /core/ cpu /gpu download speedfan then you need to download hijackthis and post the results here.
Hijackthis won't let me create a log.
ainsleyb

Nope they stop randomly. I'm going to try the download that Timtom … Nope they stop randomly. I'm going to try the download that Timtom recommended.

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy306/Uberbah/whoosh.gif
markq

I was replying to starr, not the very funny stops at the end of the video comment.
ainsleyb

Hijackthis won't let me create a log.

yes it will save to?????? http://i43.tinypic.com/ev3knc.jpg
dataload

timtom your posts are very hard to read, is 13 your age?

12 and half and thanks for asking! you made a old man Happy http://i39.tinypic.com/keuupz.gif

markq

His username is dealfinder not dealsharer! :pEdit: I bottled it and … His username is dealfinder not dealsharer! :pEdit: I bottled it and removed the ruder version lol (remembering your recent holiday and not knowing the reason behind it DC)

You coward.

Fight the Powaaa!

X)
DestinyCalls815

You coward.Fight the Powaaa!X)

Hell yeah, fight the powaaaa! Im right behind you.....

well when I say right behind you.....http://a.wattpad.net/cover/3226429-256-k2952.jpg
Ainsleyb did you sort it out?

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants