Groups

Youtube to Ipod help required

Hi all, first time trying to get youtube vids onto my Ipod.

Googled how to and used 'keepvid' to download a music vid.

Worked all ok.

Went into itunes and add file from source.

Video now appears in my video library and can be played from there.

In the summary it also appears in the movie tab. Tried to check and sync from there but does not transfer.

Any ideas, tips etc.

7 Comments

May sound stupid but is the box checked on the summery that says 'Only sync selected items' (or something like that) when your ipod is connected?

Original Poster

beverley1403;5439729

May sound stupid but is the box checked on the summery that says 'Only … May sound stupid but is the box checked on the summery that says 'Only sync selected items' (or something like that) when your ipod is connected?

As far as I can see all the right things are ticked, selected etc.

Original Poster

Anyone help??????

I used to have a film on my ipod that was in mp4 format that i could watch so I know it can be done.

I deleted the film off the ipod and then added both the film and music vid back again.

So both files are of the same format, in the same location and loaded up the same way.

They both show up in my movie list, but when I sync only the film transfers to the ipod.

Where am I going wrong?

There should be no reason that this is the case. If BOTH files are .mp4 format and everything looks OK in iTunes then it should sync both the music video and the film.

Suggestions:

Double check the sync settings for video in iTunes.
    Try another video and see if its the same - could try one of the files here: mp4mail.com/doc…les

Failing that, I dunno.

Original Poster

I can't understand why it shows up in my itunes library (along side the fillm) and I can play it from there.

If it was in the wrong format or summat then i wouldn't have thought it would appear in itunes.

Have you checked that its selected to be synced to the ipod? Click on movies to the left of the itunes screen, then at the top of the screen next to the search bar click on the list view,
    Is there a little tick in the blue box next to the name of the video?

Original Poster

beverley1403;5443830

Have you checked that its selected to be synced to the ipod? Click on … Have you checked that its selected to be synced to the ipod? Click on movies to the left of the itunes screen, then at the top of the screen next to the search bar click on the list view,Is there a little tick in the blue box next to the name of the video?

Thanks for the help, as I said i got the film and the video and treated them exactly the same way (putting them in the same place and sycing the same way. Only the film transfers tho.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word survey46
      2. Golf DSG GTD Real MPG?22
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767301
      4. help: windows 10 wifi issue33

See more discussions