YouView Box that support Netflix and latest NowTV?

Found 11th Apr 2016
so my old YouView box that we use as a freeview box for bedroom TV has died ...

This box supported also Netflix and and old version of NowTV that only had the movie option but no entertainment option

so I am looking for a used box to replace it

looked at the BT Humax DTR-T2100 but this has no Netflix / NowTV integration
NowTV software .... anyone shed any light on this

or any other YouView boxes that support Netflix / NowTV?

cheers

EliTom
Community Updates
AskNetflixYouviewNow TV
9 Comments
Original Poster
GNKelly07

The old Talk Talk Huawei DN370T have both Netflix/Nox TV players and can … The old Talk Talk Huawei DN370T have both Netflix/Nox TV players and can be picked up very cheap. 320GB HDD and Freeview HD. I bought a couple for 20 quid each and they are fine, if a little slow.Edit - I notice you are in Birmingham - the Cash Generator in the city centre used to have loads of them - I think they were £15 without HDD and £20 with HDD. If you can handle going to the shop that is, it's pretty grim!

that is the box I have - the only issue I have with it (other than it is very slow) is that NowTV app cannot be updated to show the entertainment service - only the movie service

EliTom
youview doesn't support now tv entertainment, I believe its some sort of licensing issue between youview and sky, there also seems to be some technical issue regarding unicast and multicast channels
Banned
whenever I go into settings my box freezes. tried soft reset. what else do to recommend except complete clean reset
You thought about Plusnet tv. You get a Youview box, the HDD version is very good. You do have to subscribe to fibre, but I am really happy with the whole package. Ignore the £50 delivery charge. They will waive it if you extend your subscription to 2 years, plus I also got some 'free' extras. Also gets BT sports lite, if that's your bag.

I can't fault the service either.

plus.net/tv/…aq/
The BT box you refer to does have netflix and now tv movies, you might need to update it to install the apps
I think all youview boxes have both Netflix and now TV.
I can thoroughly recommend the BT Humax DTR-T2100

Amazing bit of kit and super fast (boots in 3 seconds) and does have Netflix and now tv. Got mine for £70 delivered second hand from ebay (plus £20 for 3 year warranty from square trade)
Original Poster
chocci

I can thoroughly recommend the BT Humax DTR-T2100 Amazing bit of kit and … I can thoroughly recommend the BT Humax DTR-T2100 Amazing bit of kit and super fast (boots in 3 seconds) and does have Netflix and now tv. Got mine for £70 delivered second hand from ebay (plus £20 for 3 year warranty from square trade)

cheers Chocci - might pick one up - £55 at CEX !

EliTom
elitom

cheers Chocci - might pick one up - £55 at CEX !EliTom

Wow! Get one quick as i reckon that's a misprice

Note it needs ethernet as no wifi

You'll be impressed how much humax have improved the interface and speed. Picture quality on hd channels is excellent.

Edited by: "chocci" 12th Apr 2016
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants