Groups

Youview box without subscription. Can I still record and rewind?

A friend is giving me a Youview box to give to my dad as he's bought a TV where the EPG is awful.

its a Huawei TalkTalk Youview 320gb box. Will it work exactly like a freeview box without an internet connection and will the Record , Pause etc... still work?

7 Comments

Yes.

Original Poster

Can I connect it via wifi for the catch up services?

No it's Ethernet cable only, although if you Google it I think you can use a certain dongle to adapt it to wifi.

it works. you won't be able to access BT sport section. you can check the tv guide for 1 week forward and backward and play iPlayer programmes from there. plus you can access BBC iPlayer etc....

Original Poster

okay thanks for the info.

buy powerline adaptors as you won't have wifi on the youview box

Dyslexic_Dog

No it's Ethernet cable only, although if you Google it I think you can … No it's Ethernet cable only, although if you Google it I think you can use a certain dongle to adapt it to wifi.

If your sky box was the older type with a separate WiFi adapter that will work with the Youview box as will any other WiFi adapter, gaming adapter or wireless bridge that connects via ethernet. I will be selling mine soon on the auction site. They go for about a tenner and work well.
    Edited by: "Smartguy1" 11th Apr
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1755
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767292
      3. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…1629
      4. word association Game73944499

See more discussions