Zanussi dish washer B&Q

I have not had any information till now about what is happening to my order hence called the customer sevice who said that there is no stock to deliver and they had taken money but refunded it on 29th and i have been informed by a mail and i should have received it .I have not received any mail from them except confirmation one hence wanted to speak to manager but was waiting long without any response..I feel even if it was a mistake to take the order if it is not available it is worse not to inform us about the consequences and also saying we have been informed through email when it is not .I feel this had to be legally sorted.Any suggestions

16 Comments

You don't have any legal recourse here.

You paid for an item, they ran out of stock and refunded you.

Original Poster

Thats is fine but not th tell they have informed me in a mail about the refund or not an apology about the happenings .

Banned

moob;4241126

You don't have any legal recourse here.You paid for an item, they ran out … You don't have any legal recourse here.You paid for an item, they ran out of stock and refunded you.

No, not entirely true.

Look up "loss of bargain".

You would be within your rights to purchase elsewhere and reclaim the difference (taking it through small claims if they refused.)

The law would be on the buyers side. The buyer has made no mistakes. B&Q have.

Yeah. Move on;-)

guv;4241200

No, not entirely true.Look up "loss of bargain".You would be within your … No, not entirely true.Look up "loss of bargain".You would be within your rights to purchase elsewhere and reclaim the difference (taking it through small claims if they refused.)The law would be on the buyers side. The buyer has made no mistakes. B&Q have.

Aye, good luck with that!

The OP made no reference to it being a bargain or otherwise, so I guess you know more about his purchase than he's telling everyone else.

Small claims would be pointless as well - isn't it around £50 to take it to court, nevermind the hassle?

Sometimes you've got to just take the hit and move on.

Banned

moob;4241307

Aye, good luck with that!The OP made no reference to it being a bargain … Aye, good luck with that!The OP made no reference to it being a bargain or otherwise, so I guess you know more about his purchase than he's telling everyone else.

Its just a term. This was a bargain, but wouldnt matter either way. Obviously you wouldnt offer to refund if you found it cheaper elsewhere though!:w00t:

Small claims would be pointless as well - isn't it around £50 to take it … Small claims would be pointless as well - isn't it around £50 to take it to court, nevermind the hassle?Sometimes you've got to just take the hit and move on.

Doesnt cost as much as that and of course the cost is refundable on victory anyway. (You simply add it to the initial claim.)

Being honest, B&Q are hoping everyone feels the same way which is why this isnt the first time theyve done this. They'll learn if it costs them and the only way that will happen if people utilise the rights they have as a consumer,

I still dunno how you know this was a bargain? Or cheaper than elsewhere so that the consumer is in detriment here?

If you win the case - you get it back, given this one, that's a big if - it's £30 up to £300 and £50 up to £500 IIRC.

guv;4241200

No, not entirely true.Look up "loss of bargain".You would be within your … No, not entirely true.Look up "loss of bargain".You would be within your rights to purchase elsewhere and reclaim the difference (taking it through small claims if they refused.)The law would be on the buyers side. The buyer has made no mistakes. B&Q have.

Trading standards say no.

Original Poster

I am not asking them to give the difference or any thing extra but the way they deal with this issue is annoying saying they have informed me about them not able to complete the order and the refund on 29th by an mail i am sure they have not notified me at all. They have not even opologised thats what matter and only after contacting over the phone they mention these things to me .To be honest its not the money or bargain important they should learn how to deal with these issues

Banned

moob;4241982

I still dunno how you know this was a bargain? Or cheaper than elsewhere … I still dunno how you know this was a bargain? Or cheaper than elsewhere so that the consumer is in detriment here?

Since they have done the same thing to me, I think you could say I'm in the know.

If you win the case - you get it back, given this one, that's a big if - … If you win the case - you get it back, given this one, that's a big if - it's £30 up to £300 and £50 up to £500 IIRC.

Then it would cost £30 if your memory is correct.

So what do you want them to do?

Banned

Goonieman;4242894

So what do you want them to do?

Supply the goods they have been paid for and contractually obliged to do.

Next.

guv;4242943

Supply the goods they have been paid for and contractually obliged to … Supply the goods they have been paid for and contractually obliged to do.Next.

But they havent got any stock so can't. A refund has been given. Move on.

Next.

Banned

Goonieman;4242976

But they havent got any stock so can't. A refund has been given. Move … But they havent got any stock so can't. A refund has been given. Move on.Next.

They still had stock and I can prove that. They havent refunded (dunno how you can claim they have. Got my bank details or summat?) They can source more - and if they wont, I'll do it for them.

Next.

guv;4242888

Since they have done the same thing to me, I think you could say I'm in … Since they have done the same thing to me, I think you could say I'm in the know.Then it would cost £30 if your memory is correct.

A wee axe to grind I see!

Given you knew the value and no one else but the OP did - doesn't really give you the right to be a pedant.

guv;4243084

They still had stock and I can prove that. They havent refunded (dunno … They still had stock and I can prove that. They havent refunded (dunno how you can claim they have. Got my bank details or summat?) They can source more - and if they wont, I'll do it for them.Next.

Eh? i was refering to the op not you you nugget!!

(Next!)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1634
    2. Biscuit addiction2060
    3. Sold item on eBay from UK - buyer from USA810
    4. What do I do if item is damaged I bought on eBay.69

See more discussions