Expired

Zara awful customer service.

Found 2nd May 2013
I just wanted to alert everyone to the Zara returns policy. In case you were looking to purchase swimming shorts there, make sure you try them on in store as you won't be allowed to take them home to try them on and return the item if they don't fit. Also don't assume that "Large" is large as in most shops as Zara appear to have labelled their clothing range for an Ethiopian population.

You also won't be made aware of this fact when you're in store but there is a very small notice on the BACK of the receipt, but by then you have already bought them so you have no way to return them.

If you would then like to complain about said situaiton then you will have a very personalised e-mail replay starting "Dear Customer" blah blah blah, we don't care we have your money or something to that effect.

I previously quite enjoyed their store, even if it was a bit over priced.

I think exchange policies have a fair justification but they should be clearly pointed out BEFORE you purchase an item. The labels are very clear on jewellery in shops but this was a complete failure on their part as far as I can see.

If I can stop one person buying something for the £20 I gave them I will be quite content.

Happy shopping!
Community Updates
Misc
75 Comments
standard policy with underwear

there will be a disclaimer either on the counter or behind the counter

deal with it
Edited by: "casparwhite" 2nd May 2013
casparwhite

standard policy with underweardeal with it

^^THIS^^
I'm glad they refused, who wants to wear a pair of swimming shorts that somebody elses dirty butt has worn.
Edited by: "LoveHearts" 2nd May 2013
how will you know they fit if you can't try them on you morons?
johnnyboyuk

moron
johnnyboyuk

ermm you try them on in store perhaps like you say in your OP?
casparwhite

moron

Wow. Great and original response.
2sly

ermm you try them on in store perhaps like you say in your OP?

Well I don't see the reasoning behind being able to try them on in store or out of store? What makes it so different?

johnnyboyuk

Well I don't see the reasoning behind being able to try them on in store … Well I don't see the reasoning behind being able to try them on in store or out of store? What makes it so different?

Look pal, its their store. They can set the terms and conditions. You are under no obligation to buy from them. Deal with it.
Zara or Zavvi you seem to switch retailer?

Also its well known with undergarments that they are exempt from returns policy unless faulty due to hygeine the exception being Bra's I believe.
I bought two pairs of their black label jeans at £40/pair. I took one pair back as I changed my mind, but kept the others. I washed them once and now they look horrific. I lost the reciept.

I took them back, explained etc to which they told me how I should hang them out to dry etc, and then she said as a gesture of goodwill she will refund me at the last sale price. £5. £5????? Told her not to bother and walked out.

Emailed Zara and heard nothing.
It's same everywhere with swimwear, lingerie and earrings for pierced ears aswell as food unless faulty and I expect with some other items I've not thought of.
I had the same problem with some condoms at a chemist, sods wouldn't let me return them after I realised that they were too big.

A number of products will be excluded from a retailers' returns policy. These typically are:

Food, drink and other perishable goods

Personalised and customised items

Unsealed CDs and DVDs

Items that cannot be reused for hygiene and health reasons, such as swimwear, underwear, earrings and bedding.
Edited by: "simplyjimbo" 2nd May 2013
Nailez

Zara or Zavvi you seem to switch retailer?Also its well known with … Zara or Zavvi you seem to switch retailer?Also its well known with undergarments that they are exempt from returns policy unless faulty due to hygeine the exception being Bra's I believe.

Good spot, no it is Zara and not Zavvi - edited now.

I don't think well known is acceptible. If you say clearly "You cannot return this item so ensure it fits/you are happy before buying." then that's fair game. I'm saying this was only pointed out when I tried to return the item.
admando

I bought two pairs of their black label jeans at £40/pair. I took one … I bought two pairs of their black label jeans at £40/pair. I took one pair back as I changed my mind, but kept the others. I washed them once and now they look horrific. I lost the reciept.I took them back, explained etc to which they told me how I should hang them out to dry etc, and then she said as a gesture of goodwill she will refund me at the last sale price. £5. £5????? Told her not to bother and walked out.Emailed Zara and heard nothing.

You take the £5 and then complain.

You're doing it wrong X)
This policy is valid everywhere. Deal with it.
johnnyboyuk

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_malawt59gi1rr55q9.gif
Everybody knows you can't exchange underwear for health and safety reason.....eeeeugh imagine buying underwear that had been touching someone elses bum or privates yucky! Eugh bras are fine...Ithink
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/DealWithIt/Terminator-deal-with-it.gif
So your backside wont fit in a large, and now its Zara's fault??? Lose some weight!!!
johnnyboyuk

Wow. Great and original response.

im laughing at you calling us morons in your moronic thread mate

it doesnt get much better in the online world other than a total breakdown....

im still putting my hope in you tho
One boy against the world it seems!!

I echo other peoples sentiments... Deal with it. Its underwear
Op you're disgusting! how can you rub all your bits on some swimming shorts and then expect to take them back for them to sell to someone else?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq06e9AUqR1ql06lj.gif
DestinyCalls815

Yup, good call.

casparwhite

im laughing at you calling us morons in your moronic thread mateit doesnt … im laughing at you calling us morons in your moronic thread mateit doesnt get much better in the online world other than a total breakdown....im still putting my hope in you tho

What exactly makes it "moronic" it's a failure to display adequate signs regarding their exchange policy.
johnnyboyuk

Yup, good call.

Why not flog them on eBay, recoup losses etc...
So wearing underwear to try on swimshorts at the shop is okay but wearing underwear to try them on at home is a whole new situation? Very mature audience I see this has attracted....
johnnyboyuk

So wearing underwear to try on swimshorts at the shop is okay but wearing … So wearing underwear to try on swimshorts at the shop is okay but wearing underwear to try them on at home is a whole new situation? Very mature audience I see this has attracted....

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxhfqeTMIH1r3son7o1_500.gif
simplyjimbo

I had the same problem with some condoms at a chemist, sods wouldn't let … I had the same problem with some condoms at a chemist, sods wouldn't let me return them after I realised that they were too big.A number of products will be excluded from a retailers' returns policy. These typically are:Food, drink and other perishable goodsPersonalised and customised itemsUnsealed CDs and DVDsItems that cannot be reused for hygiene and health reasons, such as swimwear, underwear, earrings and bedding.

oO surely you meant to say they were too small? X)
Edited by: "Bigdiv" 2nd May 2013
johnnyboyuk

So wearing underwear to try on swimshorts at the shop is okay but wearing … So wearing underwear to try on swimshorts at the shop is okay but wearing underwear to try them on at home is a whole new situation? Very mature audience I see this has attracted....

If you picked up a pair of underwear and went to the counter and the assistant serving you said i must make you aware these are returns, you would NOT purchase them and that is a fact no matter how much you want to lie to yourself on here.

At the end of the day you have learned a lesson you should have known that shops do not offer returns on selected items,this is for the consumers benefit (YOU) Just accept it and get on with your life.

You are peeing in the wind, you have no argument.
Edited by: "D_G" 2nd May 2013
johnnyboyuk

Well I don't see the reasoning behind being able to try them on in store … Well I don't see the reasoning behind being able to try them on in store or out of store? What makes it so different?

They have lasers in the changing rooms that automatically zap any birty butts before touching cloth.
D_G

If you picked up a pair of underwear and went to the counter and the … If you picked up a pair of underwear and went to the counter and the assistant serving you said i must make you aware these are returns, you would NOT purchase them and that is a fact no matter how much you want to lie to yourself on here.At the end of the day you have learned a lesson you should have known that shops do not offer returns on selected items,this is for the consumers benefit (YOU) Just accept it and get on with your life.Are you peeing in the wind, you have no argument.

That was a bit too sensible, can we have a joke now please?
Its a sound policy and in force in all clothes store AFAIK. Otherwise us shoppers may find something like this in store

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/attachments/touring-models/9127d1224382456-real-skid-marks-spwn-20clown-20skid-20marks.jpg
DestinyCalls815

Thanks for a sensible response rather than posting a GIF movie to illustrate a sarcastic point of view.
Nailez

Zara or Zavvi you seem to switch retailer?Also its well known with … Zara or Zavvi you seem to switch retailer?Also its well known with undergarments that they are exempt from returns policy unless faulty due to hygeine the exception being Bra's I believe.

possibly the reason they refused X)

OP nobody wants to wear someone else's underwear best thing to do is sell em on ebay as used.

johnnyboyuk

Also don't assume that "Large" is large as in most shops as Zara appear … Also don't assume that "Large" is large as in most shops as Zara appear to have labelled their clothing range for an Ethiopian population.

http://www.demotivationalposters.org/image/demotivational-poster/1101/pucker-up-fat-social-misfit-tight-workout-demotivational-posters-1296197492.jpg
johnnyboyuk

Thanks for a sensible response rather than posting a GIF movie to … Thanks for a sensible response rather than posting a GIF movie to illustrate a sarcastic point of view.

DC's lovely, he would never post a sarcastic gif
DestinyCalls815

Great minds think alike.... now delete your comment
johnnyboyuk

Thanks for a sensible response rather than posting a GIF movie to … Thanks for a sensible response rather than posting a GIF movie to illustrate a sarcastic point of view.

Perhaps you shouldnt antagonise people by calling them morons?
johnnyboyuk

Oh no, i wasn't being entirely serious about selling them on eBay...

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants