Groups

Zavvi - Charged Twice

I would advise anyone who has made an order with Zavvi recently to check their bank account, I have been charged twice for my most recent one, which will now send me overdrawn and Ill be getting a bank charge. Great

28 Comments

what bank you wiv?

Ring Zavvi and your bank :thumbsup:

bargain buyer;7184409

what bank you wiv?

if ya wiv natwest they are pretty good with waiving charges if they can see that it was zavvi error

Unlucky nige.

Are you over your overdraft, if not why don't you have an overdraft?

they did the same to me. have refunded me now but im stuck with bank charges for going overdrawn. I was not amused

they did the same to me, i only realised when they sent me an email to tell me. sure your bank will take off any charges if explained to them

leefal;7184472

not all ppl have overdrafts

Same here. Although no issues with the overdraft, but charged twice.

They never explained why, they could put it down to "computer error" but I find it suspicious that it has happened to many people, even others I know of that don't visit this website.

I maintain strongly that Zavvi very much suck as a retailer.

This may have been a simple mistake, but on the other hand it may have been an attempt to try and make more money.

@To the OP - report them to Trading Standards if you get a charge and feel up to it.

they charged me twice, got a email saying sorry and they will put the money back, well just logged into my online banking and they put the money back then taken it again!!! So for one item money has left my bank account 3 times :x Just waiting for 8am so i can phone and shout.

Banned

Crikey! I'd be gutted if I ordered several thousand quids worth of games and DVDs, got charged twice which made me overdrawn!

I agree though....... Zavvi = Dodgy Dealer.

Banned

Zavvi = worst retailer ever

If them taking payment twice has sent you overdrawn, then you should be telling them they have to pay all charges/costs you incur due to their 'error'.
    Leaving aside any arguments regarding legalities of bank charges, it's not the banks fault so they would be well within their rights to refuse a refund.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to recover their losses after their high street stores went under.

But definitely they are one of the worst retailers.

It's very suspicious if it is "computer error" that so many are having problems with double and some even triple charging.

Thanks for the info - never thought to check - I trust everyone! I've only been charged once, thankfully, and it was only the 95p for that topgear album on here a little while ago. Cracking bargain, and it was the first time I've used zavvi, delivery was good and everything. I must've just been lucky!

unidentified;7185151

I wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to recover their losses after … I wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to recover their losses after their high street stores went under.

It is Zavvi in brand only, nothing to do with the old high street chain

leefal;7184472

maybe:

1. he doesnt want one.
    2. he doesnt want to spend money which techincally isnt his.

Original Poster

jasonodell;7185493

maybe:1. he doesnt want one.2. he doesnt want to spend money which … maybe:1. he doesnt want one.2. he doesnt want to spend money which techincally isnt his.

3. he was on the edge of his overdraft because he doesnt get paid until today.

Original Poster

Been on hold for twenty minutes now

i ordered around 50 quids worth of stuff & they took it out in 3 billings - £17.95 x 3 all on different days. is that the norm for them?

yup, i got this aswell, They payed the price into my bank then took it out twice. in with lloyds

iNSOMANiAC;7188028

Been on hold for twenty minutes now

BAD BAD BAD time of day to call, at lunch hour. I phoned at 8am got straight through :thumbsup:
    Try at 3.10ish school pick up time ;-)

Original Poster

I got through in the end, said I was getting an email to explain they were idiots and they would refund my bank charges if I sent a copy of my statement out

i ordered around 50 quids worth of stuff & they took it out in 3 billings … i ordered around 50 quids worth of stuff & they took it out in 3 billings - £17.95 x 3 all on different days. is that the norm for them?

Yes, you wouldn't think it makes any difference, but it's a tax exemption issue for them.

I also received an email from Zavvi stating that they had billed me twice 'in error'. Thankfully I paid by credit card, so no real harm done on this occasion.

Original Poster

I still havent received an email, I only noticed because I was overdrawn

Original Poster

Got my email now, they could have give us a voucher of something !

iNSOMANiAC;7190747

Got my email now, they could have give us a voucher of something !

Desperate times call for desperate measures.. eh, nige?

I was charged twice, didn't realise until I got the email & saw the refund applied....

Now this morning I got another of the same dvd delivered?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What is there free to do in your town?1422
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3331196
      3. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…57
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread417214139

See more discussions