Zavvi Harry Potter Zbox Help

Found 2nd Aug 2017
So, I ordered the 20th Anniversary Harry Potter Zbox for £29.99 in June. It arrived and it is the biggest load of crap I've seen. Not only is it filled with poorly made items I only received 4 items, despite the website saying "5-7 items".
I contacted then stating I want a refund because the items aren't value for money and I hadn't received what was advertised. This is their response:

"Thanks for contacting us about your order.

I'm really sorry to hear you aren't satisfied with your purchase. As this a blind purchase and a mystery gift, this is down to personal preference if you don't like the contents or not.

As this has been opened, we're not able to have this returned.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I hope this has helped to resolve your query"

No, this hasn't resolved my query. When was I supposed to develop X-Ray vision and see through the unopened box that I had only received 4 items not 5-7.
I was just hoping somebody had some advice or any kind of help towards what to say, or my rights or whatever.

Any help would be appreciated
Community Updates
AskHarry PotterZOTAC
7 Comments
The purchase is not as described
You have every right to return and get a refund...As you said you have not recieved what was advertised If you haven't already take some time to right a formal complaint to:

feedback@zavvi.com

Customer Service Department, Zavvi UK, Meridian House, Gadbrook Way, Gadbrook Park, Rudheath, Northwich, Cheshire, UK, CW9 7RA

AND also use Twitter! Someone will hopefully get back to you and you can get a refund!
it really doesn't matter whether the goods are as described or not, the right to return is there with all distance purchases for 14 days under the consumer contracts regs 2013, send it back via a trackable method, might be wise to photo the items as they are being returned and include a letter claiming your refund under the above act, don't bother with giving a reason etc.
(there are exceptions such as customised items but a "novelty pack" would not fall under this.)
"Hi >Zavvi Employee<

No, this did not resolve my query. Zavvi have provided me with an item that has falsely been advertised. Under these grounds and which is stated in the Consumer Contract Regulations/Consumer Rights Act I am entitled to a full refund as the goods received were not the goods stated on the website.

Many Thanks

One of our customer services advisors has reviewed your query and we are able to confirm the following:

Hi >Customer<

Thanks for contacting us about your order 97368664.

I am very sorry to hear that you are not happy with the contents of this box.

We can offer you a 50% partial refund to keep this box. Alternatively, you can return this back at your own cost for a full refund.

Please advise which you would prefer.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I hope this has helped to resolve your query.

Thanks"

Thank you and everyone for your help!
If it was me I'd be wanting them to pay postage too as it it them at fault, not you changing your mind or ordering incorrectly. I'm not 100% on if this is a requirement though
Yenyoc2 h, 22 m ago

If it was me I'd be wanting them to pay postage too as it it them at …If it was me I'd be wanting them to pay postage too as it it them at fault, not you changing your mind or ordering incorrectly. I'm not 100% on if this is a requirement though

That was what I was thinking. I kind of just want to put this fiasco behind me to be honest.
Also it's like they're completely avoiding the topic of being sold falsely advertised quantities and referring to it as being "unhappy with the items". It's bizarre.
This chap only got 4 bits of tat too maybe its the norm youtu.be/xPY…jBQ glad you got sorted tho
Edited by: "ding" 4th Aug 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants