Expired

Zavvi (The Hut Group) - Shocking Service - Shocking Company - Avoid

Found 18th Mar 2016
Recently made a few purchases through Zavvi and have had no end of problems. Experience with Zavvi this week has got to be one of the worst customer service experiences I have ever experienced.

To summarise the issues

- Have failed to fulfil my order despite putting though card details and receiving an order confirmation
- Have somehow wiped my account details from the system meaning that I am unable to login to my account
- Must have exchanged 30 odd messages over facebook (they don't do telephone) over the course of a couple of days to get someone to look at my account and order, after various empty promises that someone would be in contact finally got an email response today which made no sense and doesn't solve my issues.

Just a warning to the hukd population of how poor this company is when things go wrong and personally would avoid. I will never buy from them again and certainly will not be posting any deals for this merchant.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
48 Comments

Original Poster

Waiting for Zavvi Customer Service

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/cookie_monster_waiting.gif

Soon realised that they are a bunch of muppets

http://31.media.tumblr.com/55e743a6c14ecf989ac7a8f744e58582/tumblr_n3kfmpZxcG1srkiv2o1_400.gif
Edited by: "Chanchi32" 18th Mar 2016

Literally in the same boat. Not solving any issues whatsoever. Charged me for something I didn't want and still won't cancel a subscription I wanted cancelling a month ago. Going to ring the bank on Monday to cancel my card and get another one.

Also would not recommend them either

Literally in the same boat. Not solving any issues whatsoever. Charged me for something I didn't want and still won't cancel a subscription I wanted cancelling a month ago. Going to ring the bank on Monday to cancel my card and get another one.

Also would not recommend them either

mod

Moved this to Misc Chanchi32

Never had a problem before. Haven't used for months, maybe they are going downhill?

I ordered the James Bond Blu Ray set. Received confirmation mail. Item was not despatched. I managed to get the order cancelled. It was a narrow escape I guess

I think Zavvi and The Hut have been a bit of a nightmare for years, the most annoying thing? they don't have a phone contact...that says it all for me.

@Chanchi try contact them thru trustpilot - leave an honest review of your experience then you might get action uk.trustpilot.com/rev…com

Original Poster

vassy201187

I ordered the James Bond Blu Ray set. Received confirmation mail. Item … I ordered the James Bond Blu Ray set. Received confirmation mail. Item was not despatched. I managed to get the order cancelled. It was a narrow escape I guess

Narrow escape Vassy - you only live once or is that twice

Original Poster

maccy1

I think Zavvi and The Hut have been a bit of a nightmare for years, the … I think Zavvi and The Hut have been a bit of a nightmare for years, the most annoying thing? they don't have a phone contact...that says it all for me.

tried their ebay outlet tel number and did speak to someone but they don't have system access to the main Zavvi system - so only route is facebook as far as I am aware

All my experience of any of the hut group is terrible. Never again. They must be seriously micro-pr-managing that trustpilot rating.
Edited by: "exexpat" 18th Mar 2016

exexpat

@Chanchi try contact them thru trustpilot - leave an honest review of … @Chanchi try contact them thru trustpilot - leave an honest review of your experience then you might get action https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.zavvi.com

Seems Zavvi are reporting some reviews that are posted. I have scrolled down a bit and only notice one 1star review. Bet there's more

Chanchi32

tried their ebay outlet tel number and did speak to someone but they … tried their ebay outlet tel number and did speak to someone but they don't have system access to the main Zavvi system - so only route is facebook as far as I am aware

So not much point in having the telephone number in the 1st place, leaves people in a no win situation really, twitter maybe? I'm saying twitter, but it's far too long winded for me, they don't give you enough text to say what you want to say and for one company I had an awful lot to say X) ...even then didn't get me that far.

Original Poster

exexpat

@Chanchi try contact them thru trustpilot - leave an honest review of … @Chanchi try contact them thru trustpilot - leave an honest review of your experience then you might get action https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.zavvi.com

exexpat

All my experience of any of the hut group is terrible. Never again. They … All my experience of any of the hut group is terrible. Never again. They must be seriously managing that trustpilot rating.

Looks like they are managing it, interesting. Pretty sure their eagle eyes will read this thread as well.

Chanchi32

Narrow escape Vassy - you only live once or is that twice

That was my first purchase with them. Will never risk again. Thanks chanchi

Search 'boycott Zavvi' and this is the first link that came up...back in 2013, so this has been going on for a fair bit

Playstation Forum - Avoid Zavvi

Original Poster

maccy1

So not much point in having the telephone number in the 1st place, leaves … So not much point in having the telephone number in the 1st place, leaves people in a no win situation really, twitter maybe? I'm saying twitter, but it's far too long winded for me, they don't give you enough text to say what you want to say and for one company I had an awful lot to say X) ...even then didn't get me that far.

best to use the typewriter Maccy - can express yourself more

https://m.popkey.co/fe5c92/7gEvG.gif

Banned

Have not had issues with Zavvi aside the fact that I forgot to cancel an order but rather than returning it I just scalped the prices and got my money back anyway.

Chanchi32

best to use the typewriter Maccy - can express yourself more

I'm better on the phone, then I can really say what I think...within reason of course X)

Of course they don't do paypal! That speaks volumes for an SME. Did you pay by credit card or debit card? If credit just do chargeback. If debit phone bank some can help,others not.

maccy1

I think Zavvi and The Hut have been a bit of a nightmare for years, the … I think Zavvi and The Hut have been a bit of a nightmare for years, the most annoying thing? they don't have a phone contact...that says it all for me.

Imagine if any other merchant did not offer a contact telephone number; their product sales offers would not be considered to be eligible for submission as "Deals" at this site.

The Moderators are pretending they cannot find the long-running "Feedback" thread about The Hut Group as they have run out of excuses why it cannot be returned:

Comment #643 of the dedicated thread to ask for reinstatement of threads incorrectly marked as "spam".

PS. I have most, if not all, of it saved offline.

You are really not missing that much other than a collection of comments confirming what we suspected about The Hut Group & their, argubably, fraudulent trading practices.

Have known a few friends have great success using this website and going straight to the top man (or, woman, in this case). Good luck, Chanci.

fanpages

Imagine if any other merchant did not offer a contact telephone number; … Imagine if any other merchant did not offer a contact telephone number; their product sales offers would not be considered to be eligible for submission as "Deals" at this site.The Moderators are pretending they cannot find the long-running "Feedback" thread about The Hut Group as they have run out of excuses why it cannot be returned:Comment #643 of the dedicated thread to ask for reinstatement of threads incorrectly marked as "spam".PS. I have most, if not all, of it saved offline.You are really not missing that much other than a collection of comments confirming what we suspected about The Hut Group & their, argubably, fraudulent trading practices.

Thanks FP...I knew I could rely on you X)

I just know from the past with a couple of orders...and how long they have taken to deliver (or not) and there was no way of contacting them, apart from email etc and who wants to wait days for a reply?

Chanchi32

tried their ebay outlet tel number and did speak to someone but they … tried their ebay outlet tel number and did speak to someone but they don't have system access to the main Zavvi system - so only route is facebook as far as I am aware

Just in case the ceo's been sacked, Chanci...customerservices@thehutgroup.com

Original Poster

twitwoo

Have known a few friends have great success using this website and going … Have known a few friends have great success using this website and going straight to the top man (or, woman, in this case). Good luck, Chanci.

Has Deeky been putting the world to rights again

Edited by: "Chanchi32" 18th Mar 2016

Banned

fanpages

Imagine if any other merchant did not offer a contact telephone number; … Imagine if any other merchant did not offer a contact telephone number; their product sales offers would not be considered to be eligible for submission as "Deals" at this site.The Moderators are pretending they cannot find the long-running "Feedback" thread about The Hut Group as they have run out of excuses why it cannot be returned:Comment #643 of the dedicated thread to ask for reinstatement of threads incorrectly marked as "spam".PS. I have most, if not all, of it saved offline.You are really not missing that much other than a collection of comments confirming what we suspected about The Hut Group & their, argubably, fraudulent trading practices.

Mean like Pixel Electronics?

Banned

The Hut group also includes the Nintendo Store UK (besides The Hut itself and Zavvi) although I never had any issues with them either ('cept for the products being overpriced).

Chanchi32

Has Deeky being put the world to rights again

I'm sure he's been on there, chanci ...just a few times
Edited by: "twitwoo" 18th Mar 2016

Thanks for the "heads up " I shan't use Zavvi (or the Hut Group) again . At least not until an apology/ explanation is issued . About time these retailers realised that customer service is what keeps their customers ! Amazon are getting really rubbish ,price wise these days , but at least their customer service ,apparently , remains good . Bye Bye Hut group , you've saved 10% in internal costs maybe ? but lost 20%- 30% of orders oO . That will be another "boss" on the scrapheap with a multi million pound pay off for being useless !
Edited by: "rogparki" 18th Mar 2016

Original Poster

fanpages

I wouldn't mind so much that they didn't have a telephone number if they could have a sensible online conversation through their customer service chat via facebook, but literally anytime you ask them anything they can't answer and the standard response is ' we will be in contact within 24 hours' and then nothing.

I wouldn't usually start a thread about a merchant but despite me trying to resolve the situation amicably I have got nowhere and just wasted my time. Based on the fanpages archive/missing archive, there is a lot of negative feedback around The Hut Group but obviously commercials taking precedent.

p.s. I wonder if the Zavvi spies are reading this

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/1018676/shifty-eyed-dog-o.gif

I wonder how people will get on with the latest deal on the Star Trek films Bluray set...

There was a bit of perplexity on here a couple of years back when both Amazon and the Hut group were banned for "self promotion " oO I remember getting suspended for pointing out that both Amazon and the Hut group hardly needed to " self promote " and got further suspended for saying that it would be more accurate to state that Amazon and the Hut group were suspended pending referral fees negotiations ( which was the fact ) .

No member would object to the truth being told - why were HUKD so touchy about it ? Eventually the chickens come home to roost 1

Thanks for the heads up buddy! Keep up the deals!

Agreed, Zavvi are the most useless company i have had the misfortune of dealing with!
Complete bunch of *******
Just don't order from them, downvote all their deals & put others off from buying from them.
Look at all the hassle people have been having with the **** zboxes they sell!!
Edited by: "amis1975" 18th Mar 2016

I have to agree shocking service. Failed to refund for a returned item in dec 2015 (it was my first purchase with them) despite 10 emails. In the end went through my credit card company and did a sec75 claim. Had to fill out a form but the money was back in a couple of days.

Simply shocking service and no telephone number. Would never use again.

maccy1

Beat me to it. Just who the F do they think they are. It makes my blood boil so much.

Thanks for putting me in a bad mood OP.

Ta.

deeky

Beat me to it. Just who the F do they think they are. It makes my blood … Beat me to it. Just who the F do they think they are. It makes my blood boil so much.Thanks for putting me in a bad mood OP.Ta.

Oh...

just pleased I didn't start the thread X) and good evening deeky, hope you're keeping well X)

Chanchi32

Has Deeky been putting the world to rights again

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b156/honuhorse22/GIF-s/sword9.gif

Sadly, I don't think it's quite so easy to exact revenge on Zavvi X)

Edited by: "deeky" 18th Mar 2016

Hope it all gets sorted out for you soon Chanchi!

Thanks for the heads up!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants