ZAVVI ZBOX - Cancellation Issues

Found 5th Dec 2015
Anyone had problems cancelling a ZBOX subscription?

I cancelled it at the beginning of November, noticed mid november that it was still active so emailed them again.

Today I noticed they have taken the money out of my account.

Don't have a customer services phone number to ring and based on the email responses its not going to be easy getting a refund.

Rang the bank and I have to make 'reasonable' efforts to get a refund before they will investigate. According to TESCO Bank I 'Authorised' the amount, when actually I clearly didn't
Community Updates
MiscZOTAC
19 Comments
I tried to cancel just the 1 mouth subscription as they has charged my for p&p i did not ask for no joy gave up in the end
andrewglen

I tried to cancel just the 1 mouth subscription as they has charged my … I tried to cancel just the 1 mouth subscription as they has charged my for p&p i did not ask for no joy gave up in the end

Just had an email reply off them saying, hey'll cancel my subscription (They haven't) but just completely ignored my request for a refund. Where can I get further advice on resolving this?
Just cancel the DD fro your online bank account
benjammin316

Just cancel the DD fro your online bank account

Its not a direct debit, this is the worst part. I'm worried if I remove all my bank cards from their system they then won't refund me.
Seems Twitter is awash with other people struggling to cancel and get refunds
I ordered 1 zbox the Nintendo one, not got it yet I hope they dont mess me about I didn't click to subscribe
Error440

I ordered 1 zbox the Nintendo one, not got it yet I hope they dont mess … I ordered 1 zbox the Nintendo one, not got it yet I hope they dont mess me about I didn't click to subscribe

Be careful as it auto enrolled me. I only picked the 1 month option and cancelled straight after receiving the first box.
I dont think I clicked anything that said something like 1 month it was a specific box that I picked from a choice of 3, Nintendo, sony or Microsoft.

It would have been paypal or a third party credit card, not directly the bank so at least thats some protection.
This is on their T&C's
You are
entitled to cancel your subscription at any time, however unless you cancel
your subscription with us within 14 days from the day on which you acquire
physical possession of your first “ZBox”, you will not be entitled to a refund.

If you
wish to cancel your subscription before the term has expired, you must give us
four weeks prior notice, otherwise you may receive the subsequent months’ “ZBox”.

I've been dealing with this nonsense since September and it's killing my bank
Upon reading Twitter this person managed to do the following "go to your bank and put a block on it. This has been going on for months" So they put a block on Zavvi from taking money. twitter.com/has…ult
KingdomOfHam

Upon reading Twitter this person managed to do the following "go to your … Upon reading Twitter this person managed to do the following "go to your bank and put a block on it. This has been going on for months" So they put a block on Zavvi from taking money. https://twitter.com/hashtag/zbox?f=tweets&vertical=default

I've been chatting with that bloke on Twitter.

I've given them more than four weeks notice, gave them notice 4th November. And there has been no boxes since that period.

Tesco Bank have asked for my emails and have said they will investigate it on my behalf.
feeder16

I've been chatting with that bloke on Twitter. I've given them more than … I've been chatting with that bloke on Twitter. I've given them more than four weeks notice, gave them notice 4th November. And there has been no boxes since that period. Tesco Bank have asked for my emails and have said they will investigate it on my behalf.

Sounds fair enough, I've been told 3 times that it'll be cancelled and it just hasn't. I've sent them one last email, if it's worth a damn. Then i'll go into my bank, this has gone on way too long and with not even a single refund it's ridiculous
It's zavvi so enough said really, they messed up other boxes too like 'pop in a box' and 'my geek box'.
The only worry I have now is on technicality, most of my emails say it's been passed on to cancel but I've never had one saying its cancelled. Hoping my bank don't side with them because of wording
feeder16

The only worry I have now is on technicality, most of my emails say it's … The only worry I have now is on technicality, most of my emails say it's been passed on to cancel but I've never had one saying its cancelled. Hoping my bank don't side with them because of wording

I have the exact same responses. But there was no communication stating the cancellation was denied. also I've had emails saying "We just wanted to let you know that we have received the item(s) you have returned to us and will be in touch shortly regarding your refund or replacement." and again, they never got in touch.
Just a little update, I received this email from Zavvi today, after a very firm message I sent to them yesterday:

"We understand that you have requested to cancel your subscription with us, we are sorry for any inconvenience that has been caused during the cancellation process.

You will please to know that we have now successfully cancelled the subscription/outstanding box, as requested. Your refund has been processed, please allow 3-5 working days for the funds to clear in your account."

Only time will tell if this happens
KingdomOfHam

Just a little update, I received this email from Zavvi today, after a … Just a little update, I received this email from Zavvi today, after a very firm message I sent to them yesterday:"We understand that you have requested to cancel your subscription with us, we are sorry for any inconvenience that has been caused during the cancellation process.You will please to know that we have now successfully cancelled the subscription/outstanding box, as requested. Your refund has been processed, please allow 3-5 working days for the funds to clear in your account."Only time will tell if this happens

They emailed me yesterday saying that it may be too late to cancel this months box because its in manufacture.

I'm sent them a quite firm, thats your problem if you can't tell your manufacturer in a month that i don't want it.
just trying to cancel myn its crazy why is there no clear button on there that just says cancel my sub box
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions