Zelda: A Breath of the Wild. Quarterly.

22 replies
Found 5th Jun
3 months on and I can't help still feeling as the dust settles, yes, this is still the finest videogame ever forged. Just walking/running/gliding from point A to point B is more rewarding than many games offer in their entirety. A masterpiece is greatly overused. This however is not one of those times. Truly an epic masterpiece and the best videogame to date thus far.

Anybody else still in awe of what has been created here in ABOTW?
Edited by a moderator:

22 Comments

same for me... cannot finish it till.i am 100% on everything. I miss just the seeds. too many. But I will succeed

Took me 212 hours to 100% it and I can honestly say I can't wait to do it again on hard mode!

I'm still playing it 400+ hours now

72hours Finished it, 100% shrines, memories, really enjoyed it but stopped playing it around end of April wont go back unless the DLC is somthing special..

I can't even find any if the divine beasts. Do you have to kill the beady with you 20 shock arrows is that one Oh them

3000 hours still can't get past the main menu oO

Nope. But I did get a 2ds and will play through ocarina of time again.

The game is incredible and so rewarding. I'd lost a lot of interest in gaming and bought a switch and Zelda, expecting it to just be a fad. I was hooked from the first few minutes and find myself playing every spare second.

The only issue is that it has impacted my bank balance considerably. I was so hooked I went out and bought a special edition as well + all the Amiibo, a new 3DS XL and Ocarina of Time (limited edition), Majoras Mask (limited edition) Link to the Past, Phantom Hour Glass and Spirit Track's.

Damn you childhood memories and Nintendo epicness!!!

Was a little bit later to the table and only picked up my Switch about 2 weeks ago but it's really great. Breath of fresh air into the series I think. It feels similar enough but also different!

I wish I could have enjoyed the game like the rest of you do as this game was the only one I really cared about for a long time. I expected to lose interest in others and only want to play this but it turned out to have went the other way. My play activity says I have played it for 15 hours or more. I understand a lot of people liking the weapons breaking and the weather stuff but I personally don't. The exploring is beautiful though! I liked Zelda the way it was in OOT and TP, when it was more simple and fun instead of adding in that weapon breaking stuff.

Having too many other games for the PS4 certainly didn't help either. Was so hooked to Horizon Zero Dawn at that time which was released two days before Zelda. I found Horizon to be more exciting and fun so didn't have time for Zelda which may have robbed me of the enjoyment from it. And then more games got released after that until Persona 5 came along. Which is what I'd consider a masterpiece and the best video game to date. Took my time through that twice and fighting the urge to play it again. Need to let it go while I move onto the next game.

Hoping gaming releases will slow down and maybe I can get back into Zelda properly but as long as those games keep coming it will be difficult to do.
Edited by: "CoolDude0123" 6th Jun

Great Game! Most fun I've had since Pokémon Gold when I was very young.

Only thing I dislike is that you have to wait for the blood moon once you kill all the Lynels, gotta be grinding for those Lynel Horns and Hoofs

Hate it... too hard.

Just me though!

Original Poster

Flodd

Hate it... too hard.Just me though!

It's the perfect learning curve imo. As hard or as easy as you push it. Games such as Dark Souls (for example) ruin it for me being so difficult from the getgo. ABOTW however suffers no such difficulty.

Flodd

Hate it... too hard.Just me though!

**** easy for me now i just walk around walloping things with my +40 weapons, most are 1 or 2 hit kills with a bow, as far as cooking goes mmmmm radishes food of the gods and I've got so many hearts and max stamina miphas grace is hardly used now.

Its a lovely game, i still love waling or riding about and it has the most satisfying bow mechanics​, thats why I'm still in no rush to do the last beast (the goron one)

pazuzu17

It's the perfect learning curve imo. As hard or as easy as you push it. … It's the perfect learning curve imo. As hard or as easy as you push it. Games such as Dark Souls (for example) ruin it for me being so difficult from the getgo. ABOTW however suffers no such difficulty.

You say that... but I can't get off the Great Plateau. Something about there being 4 towers and I can only find three, The 4th looks likes in a snowy place in which I quickly freeze to death upon entering that area.

Nintendo toyed with an idea some years ago, if you were stuck on a game you could just hand control back to the console and it would take over. Sounds like what I need.

Flodd

You say that... but I can't get off the Great Plateau. Something about … You say that... but I can't get off the Great Plateau. Something about there being 4 towers and I can only find three, The 4th looks likes in a snowy place in which I quickly freeze to death upon entering that area.Nintendo toyed with an idea some years ago, if you were stuck on a game you could just hand control back to the console and it would take over. Sounds like what I need.

You need to talk to the old man, not only will he give you a glider to get down, he will give you warm clothing, if you miss that warm clothing quest you can just nick it from the chest in his hut, you can also goto the cold place by cooking hot food using the chilli peppers that are around that area or by entering the snow field with a burning torch and keeping it burning. There are campfires up there to warm up or relight ypur torch from you can also make fires from wood to light with your torch or with flint and a sharp weapon if you have those yet.

Anybody else still in awe of what has been created here in ABOTW?

Me, personally found it a forgetful mess. A alright game with a lot of elements borrowed from other titles.

Also a game that lost its Zelda like feel, and was more of a lock on hack and slash with a hint of dark souls difficulty and keen eye.

It's an over hyped title that I thought was alright but don't see what others see from it.

Played it for around 22 hours, and rushed the last 4 as I grew bored.

But my opinion is pretty harsh as I'm very picky with games, and being a major fan of Zelda 8bit and up to OOT, this flew me by.

Flodd

You say that... but I can't get off the Great Plateau. Something about … You say that... but I can't get off the Great Plateau. Something about there being 4 towers and I can only find three, The 4th looks likes in a snowy place in which I quickly freeze to death upon entering that area.Nintendo toyed with an idea some years ago, if you were stuck on a game you could just hand control back to the console and it would take over. Sounds like what I need.

​Run around with a fire torch it'll keep the cold away.

Original Poster

kos1c

Anybody else still in awe of what has been created here in ABOTW?Me, … Anybody else still in awe of what has been created here in ABOTW?Me, personally found it a forgetful mess. A alright game with a lot of elements borrowed from other titles. Also a game that lost its Zelda like feel, and was more of a lock on hack and slash with a hint of dark souls difficulty and keen eye. It's an over hyped title that I thought was alright but don't see what others see from it. Played it for around 22 hours, and rushed the last 4 as I grew bored. But my opinion is pretty harsh as I'm very picky with games, and being a major fan of Zelda 8bit and up to OOT, this flew me by.

The hell!?

pazuzu17

The hell!?

​hmm?

Banned

I'm about 70 hours in and love it. It's very pick up and play for me, just play for an hour or so doing some shrines or side quests, or wandering about in search of either. I've done just over 100 shrines now and a couple of Devine beasts. But gonna leave the rest for now and finish off the shrines.

Currently exploring around Ganon City which is much easier now I have some fire proof armour

Flodd

​have you never heard of youtube, game guides, Google?? come on.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Dog advice please. Think my Labrador is dying after catching the cold1011
    2. Cineworld - possible to book film for future at counter to save booking fee…66
    3. disneyland paris tickets22
    4. Android pay set up56

See more discussions