Groups

Zelda Switch/WiiU.

Edge magazine has got the first Zelda: A Breath of the Wild review. Guess...

TEN!

42 Comments

But it's not 1080p 60fps. Has to be rubbish. If going under 60fps, should at least hit 4k. /s

Looking forward to my switch next Thursday at midnight!!

Tireeq

But it's not 1080p 60fps. Has to be rubbish. If going under 60fps, should … But it's not 1080p 60fps. Has to be rubbish. If going under 60fps, should at least hit 4k. /sLooking forward to my switch next Thursday at midnight!!

​So next Friday then?

Sounds like the game will run quite poorly with the Wii U at times. I've pre ordered the Switch and BOTW. EDGE rarely give 10/10 so the game as expected should be great. May just get it for the Wii U and keep it boxed as I doubt Nintendo will have released too many Wii U versions.

Can't afford a switch atm, I hate you all. Zelda can **** off until I can afford it. Would buy it for the wii u, but why would you want to play the worst version.

Im not reading any reviews as very little is known outside of what Nintendo have shown, but I've heard its up for being one of the best games ever made...

Can't wait for this, just a shame ghost recon is out a few days later

Adam2050

Can't afford a switch atm, I hate you all. Zelda can **** off until I can … Can't afford a switch atm, I hate you all. Zelda can **** off until I can afford it. Would buy it for the wii u, but why would you want to play the worst version.

Boo hoo you can cry yourself a river, I'll be too busy playing it on Wiiu to notice how strange you look without your nose.

jimhuf

​So next Friday then?

​Nooo!! Give me back that one day less feeling damn you!

Nope, I have to wait till the Amazon guy rocks up which no doubt will be 4,

Original Poster

Adam2050

Can't afford a switch atm, I hate you all. Zelda can **** off until I can … Can't afford a switch atm, I hate you all. Zelda can **** off until I can afford it. Would buy it for the wii u, but why would you want to play the worst version.

According to reports, said 'worse version' is marginal, only dips in certain areas at particular times. Over the reported 20(roughly) hours it'll take to complete said game sans side quests, I doubt you'll even notice this.

Banned

I originally ordered it for the Wii U. But also have an order for the Switch now as I see myself more and more going through with getting the switch.

I'll keep the Wii U order though, it's costing me £35, I think I can easily get that for it and maybe a little on top

Oh can't wait. I bet it will be epic, just about to finish Wind Waker so perfect timing.

jimhuf

Nope, I have to wait till the Amazon guy rocks up which no doubt will be … Nope, I have to wait till the Amazon guy rocks up which no doubt will be 4,

​Same

Reviews always overhype, then 3 months later everyones slagging the games off.

pazuzu17

According to reports, said 'worse version' is marginal, only dips in … According to reports, said 'worse version' is marginal, only dips in certain areas at particular times. Over the reported 20(roughly) hours it'll take to complete said game sans side quests, I doubt you'll even notice this.

Have you considered that they may have been bribed to say that, it doesn't look good for the switch if what is probably going to end up being the biggest release of its life is reported to be the same or interior to the cheaper version on the previous hardware

Horizon zero dawn........... Although I do want a switch!

I'm just hoping the negative reviews of Gameseek are just troll reviews, cos I ordered my Wii U copy from them. I'm starting to worry

BillySollox

I'm just hoping the negative reviews of Gameseek are just troll reviews, … I'm just hoping the negative reviews of Gameseek are just troll reviews, cos I ordered my Wii U copy from them. I'm starting to worry

Game seek are fine as far as I'm aware it will be loads of **** users because they claimed they would put up more cheap consoles.

Adam2050

Game seek are fine as far as I'm aware it will be loads of **** users … Game seek are fine as far as I'm aware it will be loads of **** users because they claimed they would put up more cheap consoles.

The reason I'm worried is cos the standard price of the game is now £45 - I paid less via paypal £39.75 (they've already taken my money)

*crosses fingers that I'm playing Zelda next Friday*

I'm paying £26

Error440

I'm paying £26

No-one likes a show off.

Original Poster

slannmage

Reviews always overhype, then 3 months later everyones slagging the games … Reviews always overhype, then 3 months later everyones slagging the games off.

I don't agree. Looking particularly at the small pool of games Edge has granted a 10 previously, it's hard to argue any of them aren't genuine essential titles (at worst), all-time classics (at best).

Original Poster

Marcoos

I originally ordered it for the Wii U. But also have an order for the … I originally ordered it for the Wii U. But also have an order for the Switch now as I see myself more and more going through with getting the switch. I'll keep the Wii U order though, it's costing me £35, I think I can easily get that for it and maybe a little on top

I've been thinking likewise this last week.

10 seems about right to me

BillySollox

I'm just hoping the negative reviews of Gameseek are just troll reviews, … I'm just hoping the negative reviews of Gameseek are just troll reviews, cos I ordered my Wii U copy from them. I'm starting to worry

They're fine for the great majority of cases, no need to worry.

Supermod

I made the mistake of getting into Zelda quite late so now i'm trying to finish off Twilight Princess, Majoras Mask and Ocarina of time before Friday. It isn't happening.

Cant wait for BOTW.

magicjay1986

I made the mistake of getting into Zelda quite late so now i'm trying to … I made the mistake of getting into Zelda quite late so now i'm trying to finish off Twilight Princess, Majoras Mask and Ocarina of time before Friday. It isn't happening. Cant wait for BOTW.

None lead into the next really. But defo finish those off, all three greats.

Supermod

Adam2050

None lead into the next really. But defo finish those off, all three … None lead into the next really. But defo finish those off, all three greats.

Yeah, its more that I don't want to leave any others unfinished. I also REALLY enjoyed Minish Cap.

magicjay1986

I made the mistake of getting into Zelda quite late so now i'm trying to … I made the mistake of getting into Zelda quite late so now i'm trying to finish off Twilight Princess, Majoras Mask and Ocarina of time before Friday. It isn't happening. Cant wait for BOTW.

magicjay1986

Well, there is a clear connection between a few - Ocarina of Time into Majora's Mask, Wind Waker into Phantom Hoursglass, etc. - but they equally well stand alons, which is probably what you were getting at!

Hehe, good luck! Still, either way you've got a very enjoyable gaming week ahead of you, even before Friday. Make sure not to miss out on Wind Waker, A Link to The Past and A Link Between Worlds, when you get time - but pretty much every Zelda game is essential, if I'm honest.

Nice to see so much positivity in a Nintendo thread.

I can't wait for it myself, I'm like a little kid when new Zelda games come out X)

deeky

Nice to see so much positivity in a Nintendo thread. I can't wait for it … Nice to see so much positivity in a Nintendo thread. I can't wait for it myself, I'm like a little kid when new Zelda games come out X)

I'm the same, plus a Birthday and a Christmas on top! X)

Banned

Zelda games is what keeps me buying Nintendo consoles

deeky

Nice to see so much positivity in a Nintendo thread. I can't wait for it … Nice to see so much positivity in a Nintendo thread. I can't wait for it myself, I'm like a little kid when new Zelda games come out X)

You getting a switch Deeky? or is the Wii U?

also i lied about my cancelling I couldn't go through with it and now I am getting a switch
    Edited by: "haritori" 26th Feb

haritori

You getting a switch Deeky? or is the Wii U? also i lied about my … You getting a switch Deeky? or is the Wii U? also i lied about my cancelling I couldn't go through with it and now I am getting a switch

I've got a Switch coming on day 1 I think, with Zelda.

deeky

I've got a Switch coming on day 1 I think, with Zelda.

Ahh Nice..

vape99

Horizon zero dawn........... Although I do want a switch!

Here you go!
    http://pre15.deviantart.net/264a/th/pre/i/2016/318/0/8/nintendo_switch_by_superknucklessmash-daocuat.jpg

I just bought a Wii U yesterday after about 4 years of deliberation. Have to say I'm very pleased I did and looking forward to playing Zelda for the first time since replaying A Link to the Past a few years ago.

Original Poster

Only if looking for spoilers are you likely to be disappointed. I'm looking only via official channels/publications.

Banned

pazuzu17

I've been thinking likewise this last week.

CEX will give £43 cash for it on the Wii U
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2020

See more discussions