Zgemma star h1 twin tuner recording and watching other channels help

Found 9th Feb 2016
I am setting up my Zgemma star h1 all seems fine until i tried to record ,it won't let me watch other channels the channels are off
i looked at both tuners and both are switched on and i retuned tuner B ,So i tried again only picking up maybe 5 channels whilst recording tuner A getting all channels ? but my zgemma star h1 only has one tuner port tuner A .and was wondering about the tuner b if no cable can be attached thanks w....
Community Updates
AskPVRWatch
9 Comments
try digital kaos forum under this section. good luck
try digital kaos forum under this section. good luck
so are you saying that its a twin tuner receiver, but you only have one tuner connected to the lnb on the dish?

if so, that's your problem right there. you need a dual lnb, and some shotgun cable. no point in having a twin tuner receiver, and only connecting one of them.
after looking at the spec of this box, what I wrote above does not apply.

this receiver is a combo receiver (sat and cable). it has one tuner for satellite and one for cable, so in order to watch a channel while recording you would need both a sat and cable feed.

if you have no way of getting a cable feed to it, I would look at upgrading to a new receiver, with twin (or more) sat tuners
Edited by: "Deedie" 9th Feb 2016
So out of curiosity why is mine called a twin tuner when my understanding was i could watch and record separately sorry new to this any ideas which box i do need thanks
kracker69

So out of curiosity why is mine called a twin tuner when my understanding … So out of curiosity why is mine called a twin tuner when my understanding was i could watch and record separately sorry new to this any ideas which box i do need thanks

technically it is a twin tuner, one cable one sat.

what sort of budget would you be looking to pay for a new box?
I would recommend any of the vu+ range, had a few of them and never had a problem. be aware that there are a lot of fake versions, which I would avoid. these are the current range of twin tuner (or more)

Vu+ Solo SE V2

Vu+ Solo 2

Vu+ Duo 2

Vu+ Solo 4K
yeah you have the h1 which is for satellite and cable so if yo only have one satellite feed going into it you can only record the channel your watching unless you have a cable connection setup.
I have the zgemma h.2s which is twin satellite tuner so just like sky pause and record etc etc.
this SITE is good for support
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants