Zimmer frame weilding news reporter...

4 replies
Found 13th Aug 2009
There was a fella on the BBC national news tonight with a zimmer frame. Anyone know who he is...I recognise the face, but dunno whats happened to him....anyone?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
4 Comments

why did he have a zimmer, was he hurt /disabled or old?

are they just trying to prove they are not age-ist - re Arlene Phillips?

Original Poster

blackpeppa;6012240

why did he have a zimmer, was he hurt /disabled or old?are they just … why did he have a zimmer, was he hurt /disabled or old?are they just trying to prove they are not age-ist - re Arlene Phillips?

He was middle aged. I am sure I have seen him 'minus' the zimmer before.

Is it the guy who was kidnapped in 'somewhere' and released after about a year?

Names on the tip but he works back in London now.

Just 'googled' and it's Frank Gardner, I think.

Original Poster

IAROBERTSHAW;6012587

Is it the guy who was kidnapped in 'somewhere' and released after about a … Is it the guy who was kidnapped in 'somewhere' and released after about a year?Names on the tip but he works back in London now.Just 'googled' and it's Frank Gardner, I think.

Thats him! Poor sod.

On 6 June 2004, while reporting from a suburb of ]Riyadh, ]Saudi Arabia, Gardner was shot six times and seriously injured in an attack by apparent ]al-Qaeda sympathisers.][5] His colleague cameraman ]Simon Cumbers was shot dead. Of the five bullets which hit Gardner in his torso (the sixth bullet passed straight through his shoulder) all missed his major organs yet one hit his spinal cord and he was left paralysed from the waist down. The Saudi Arabian government had forced Gardner to use official bodyguards, who ran away once the firing started. Gardner's consequent claim for compensation from the Saudi government was refused.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread427814638
    2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564087
    3. 02 priority33
    4. Leicester sack their manager!916

See more discussions