Groups

Zinc dosage ?

Hi everyone,

Had a thread about buying Zinc yesterday i've now gone and bought some from Holland and Barrett firstly im well impressed with paying £4,99 for 250 x 25mg tablets

But secondly on the bottle it says one per day although i have a feeling that this wont be enough so can someone advise please

This is the info ...
    25mg %EC RDA 167%

Cheers all

11 Comments

Theres no one on here who is qualified to advise you properley, follow the recommended dosage on the bottle :thumbsup:

R.D.A. recommended daily allowance.

Zinc RDA is 15Mg...the label says you are getting 167% of your RDA with one tablet

A random googling suggests: "It would not be wise to take excess zinc as it suppresses copper and ]calcium absorption. Copper is necessary for hemoglobin formation in red blood cells, enzymes and collagen (connective tissue)"

aardvarking;7572221

Zinc RDA is 15Mg...the label says you are getting 167% of your RDA with … Zinc RDA is 15Mg...the label says you are getting 167% of your RDA with one tablet

+1

Correct.

As all of the above.

Stick to the recommended dosage - One tablet can do plenty. Just don't expect an overnight miracle - your body will need to adjust and so on, and I should think that over the next few weeks you'll see your acne or whatever clear up (by rights).

Original Poster

Thanks everyone

Now you've stated that R.D.A is 167% with one tablet it seems im getting 1 and 2/3 of my daily allowance anyway ...

Is this correct ?

Thanks

james_lfc;7572604

Thanks everyone :)Now you've stated that R.D.A is 167% with one tablet it … Thanks everyone :)Now you've stated that R.D.A is 167% with one tablet it seems im getting 1 and 2/3 of my daily allowance anyway ... Is this correct ?Thanks

Correct.

james_lfc;7572604

Thanks everyone :)Now you've stated that R.D.A is 167% with one tablet it … Thanks everyone :)Now you've stated that R.D.A is 167% with one tablet it seems im getting 1 and 2/3 of my daily allowance anyway ... Is this correct ?Thanks

A lot of these supplements go way over the %RDA of vitamins and minerals. As long as you don't exceed the stated dosage you shouldn't suffer any side effects - but of course I am neither a trained dietician or medical professional :thumbsup:

Banned

acne.org/zin…tml

for your perusal.....

Its debatable how well supplements work anyway....cant beat a healthy diet imo.
    I doubt you will see much if any benefit anyway

Chidda;7573211

Its debatable how well supplements work anyway....cant beat a healthy … Its debatable how well supplements work anyway....cant beat a healthy diet imo. I doubt you will see much if any benefit anyway

Agreed, but some may experience benefits at least through the placebo effect.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions