Zoom question

Posted 23rd Apr
Everytime I connect zoom to some headphones to the amazon tab and a windows laptop, I lose audio.

It's not muted but just won't pick up the sound. Can hear others.

Anyone have similar issues? Or a fix? Google not much use.
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
bluetooth or jack
Is the laptop connected to an external screen?
If you go to Settings > Audio there should be a picklist for microphone, I wonder if inserting headphones is causing it to expect a microphone... you might be able to switch it back to built in microphone
Faulty headset?
Does it work your mobile if it has a 3mm jack, or do you have different headset to test?

Also, zoom has Test Sound feature, try that...
I have the issue on my work laptop. I have to fully shut down zoom and restart it after the headphones are in to make it work.
ndyanem23/04/2020 21:11

Is the laptop connected to an external screen?

No. Happens on the amazon tablet too. Never on the chromebook though.
CatsWithThumbs23/04/2020 22:47

If you go to Settings > Audio there should be a picklist for microphone, I …If you go to Settings > Audio there should be a picklist for microphone, I wonder if inserting headphones is causing it to expect a microphone... you might be able to switch it back to built in microphone

Will try this, thanks
rimalpatel00723/04/2020 23:23

Faulty headset?Does it work your mobile if it has a 3mm jack, or do you …Faulty headset?Does it work your mobile if it has a 3mm jack, or do you have different headset to test?Also, zoom has Test Sound feature, try that...

Headset works with everything else, Inc calls.
gloryhunting23/04/2020 23:33

I have the issue on my work laptop. I have to fully shut down zoom and …I have the issue on my work laptop. I have to fully shut down zoom and restart it after the headphones are in to make it work.

Oooh sounds interesting. Will try this too. Thanks everyone for advising. Will do some testing and see what happens.
gloryhunting23/04/2020 23:33

I have the issue on my work laptop. I have to fully shut down zoom and …I have the issue on my work laptop. I have to fully shut down zoom and restart it after the headphones are in to make it work.

Actually, trued this too but don't work on the amazon tablet. I even deleted the app and reinstalled but no joy. Works fine without any headphones
I had the same problem on my iphone. Mine were connected via bluetooth. I had to disconnect the bluetooth connection then reconnect. Worked fine afterwards
jpoolfitz24/04/2020 00:28

I had the same problem on my iphone. Mine were connected via bluetooth. I …I had the same problem on my iphone. Mine were connected via bluetooth. I had to disconnect the bluetooth connection then reconnect. Worked fine afterwards

Thanks, will try this too.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions