Zoomstorm i7 4790 Tower Pc

Posted 18th Oct
Just after some advice, I have a 4 year old PC with i7 470 processor. I am thinking of selling it but don't know what the value is, also what would the modern day equivalent be. The fan seems load on it and it's a bit chunky so looking for small form factor PC. I don't mind buying second hand with the same-ish spec. it's going to be used for graphic design work so gaming on it.
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
Knowledge is power, I'd strongly recommend watching YouTube videos for a while to get a sense of what's good and bad.
There are so many pros and cons, a decent graphics card can cost more than a budget laptop, then there's water cooling Vs air cooling and so on
Edited by: "esar" 18th Oct
Fans are cheap and easy to replace so that's certainly no reason for replacing the entire PC. Depending on the exact components, primarily the motherboard, it may also be possible to fit it into a smaller case.

In terms of equivalent new CPUs are you asking in terms of performance, power consumption or price/position in the range? In terms of a CPU offering the same performance I'd expect it to be around the 2200G/9100 level, maybe slightly higher if your software utilises SMT well.

Also 'small form factor' is a generic term that covers everything smaller than a desktop mid-tower. so an idea of the size you're looking at would be useful info.
EndlessWaves18/10/2019 18:31

Fans are cheap and easy to replace so that's certainly no reason for …Fans are cheap and easy to replace so that's certainly no reason for replacing the entire PC. Depending on the exact components, primarily the motherboard, it may also be possible to fit it into a smaller case.In terms of equivalent new CPUs are you asking in terms of performance, power consumption or price/position in the range? In terms of a CPU offering the same performance I'd expect it to be around the 2200G/9100 level, maybe slightly higher if your software utilises SMT well. Also 'small form factor' is a generic term that covers everything smaller than a desktop mid-tower. so an idea of the size you're looking at would be useful info.

Thanks for your feedback i guess small factor would mean slightly smaller than normal midi size. Two reasons to change, load fan and outdated process speed. Budget depends on how much i can get for this. I could put in onother £100 on top of this one.
Probably fetch around £200-250 depending on what graphics card you have it could fetch more.

It used DDR3 ram which is now old tech so that will somewhat limit your market in terms of buyers. If you do change at least go for something with DDR4 ram as it’ll stay useful for longer.
cmdr_elito18/10/2019 19:24

Probably fetch around £200-250 depending on what graphics card you have it …Probably fetch around £200-250 depending on what graphics card you have it could fetch more.It used DDR3 ram which is now old tech so that will somewhat limit your market in terms of buyers. If you do change at least go for something with DDR4 ram as it’ll stay useful for longer.

Sounds like it still worth a bit, its got nvida 1gb external card. Also got 16gb ram
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants