zoostorm desktop pc installing OS - help please!

Found 15th Jan 2012
Hi,

i'm struggling to install an OS onto this desktop pc (hotukdeals.com/dea…230?page=3)

When I load it up, all i'm seeing is a black screen. I'vre tried pressing del key to get it into bios as someone else suggested via pm, but nothing?

I have ubuntu on disc which i what i'm trying to install atm.

Any help? Really frustrated right now!
Community Updates
18 Comments
At bootup try ESC or one of the Function keys, F10-F12 usually but also F2 to access the BIOS.

Are you getting anything on the screen when you switch it on? If not, there is another problem as the boot screen should be displayed

HTH
Hi,

nope, nothing. Tried loads of different keys, esc, f10, del etc etc none working. Just a blank screen saying no signal on monitor.. Think there is a problem? Looks like its going back to ebuyer.
At bootup try pressing delete? have you pluged you VGA in to the MB or using separate graphics card?
Edited by: "timtom13" 15th Jan 2012
I had this problem with my old ebuyer pc - on mine it was the dvi that was set as the default output, not VGA
timtom13

At bootup try pressing delete? have you pluged you VGA in to the MB or … At bootup try pressing delete? have you pluged you VGA in to the MB or using separate graphics card?

I've tried pressing delete, nothing. Using the on board graphics not a separate one. Was planning on upgrading at a later date but can't even get an operating system on atm

tomwatts

I had this problem with my old ebuyer pc - on mine it was the dvi that … I had this problem with my old ebuyer pc - on mine it was the dvi that was set as the default output, not VGA

Did you have to send it back? Really frustrating this is! Should have tried earlier. Hope they're not funny about returning. Would like a replacement really.
Ok right you`r MB is fecked, had this happen to one off my family, and had to buy anouther MB! SORRRY.
Does it make any noise? Fans spin?
timtom13

Ok right you`r MB is fecked, had this happen to one off my family, and … Ok right you`r MB is fecked, had this happen to one off my family, and had to buy anouther MB! SORRRY.

I won't have to buy another if its faulty.. you get a year warranty anyway.

sancho1983

Does it make any noise? Fans spin?

Yes, when a disc goes in I can hear that working, and the fans spin too. No beeping noise though which is supposedly meant to happen on start up.
Are you sure the monitor is plugged in 'well' and on the correct input?

Sorry i said "buy" send it back and tell them you`r MB is fecked, this happends a lot you not alone.
Edited by: "timtom13" 15th Jan 2012
As someone previously said, what graphics output are you trying to use? VGA/DVI/HDMI???

To be able to even see the boot screen you#d have to have the correct display type connected, usually this is the VGA connection... so it's possible that you have hit the correct key at startup but you just can't see it.
Black screen= fecked MB.
timtom13

At bootup try pressing delete? have you pluged you VGA in to the MB or … At bootup try pressing delete? have you pluged you VGA in to the MB or using separate graphics card?

tomwatts

I had this problem with my old ebuyer pc - on mine it was the dvi that … I had this problem with my old ebuyer pc - on mine it was the dvi that was set as the default output, not VGA

Nope, I just went out and bought a DVI cable. Never looked back (far better than vga) and only cost £1
i'm using VGA so i'll try a DVI cable
GentleTouch

i'm using VGA so i'll try a DVI cable

How did you get on with the dvi cable?
there isnt even a dvi bit in the back of the pc?
I've called ebuyer up and they're sending a replacement. Got to wait about another week or so now though

Whilst i'm at it, would I need a new PSU to put in a low-mid range graphics card?
Got your new one yet?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants