I've actually had a vape device catch fire on my desk, BUT it was a bit battered - had been dropped quite a few times, Can happen to any device containing a lithium battery if abused or just a bad design
Your mate wasnt in the burns unit for a cigarette related injury was he? That is actually far more common than vape injuries. All products carry risks. The phone in your pocket, your laptop, etc. People need to make sure they use things safely.
My friend just got out the burns unit in ayelsbury .the man beside him had a coke can sized hole burned out of his leg from a vaping battery going off . Just sharing (y)
The only thing is ...I seen someone on tv who had stopped smoking for 5 years. And his mate was using one of these and talked him into using one. The daft b*gger I know...but yeah I agree they have to be better then smoking the real thing. But I also think the NHS needs to be careful in promoting these (y)
Seems it is still safe enough to feature in the NHS Stoptober campaign. https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou/for-your-body/quit-smoking/using-e-cigarettes-vapes-to-quit-smoking/ I'll take my chances based on their advice over the daily mail.