Posted 26 March 2022

Alternative to Hikvision CCTV

Hi all

I am in a market for a new PoE CCTV system. I have looked at Hikvision but the problem is that most of the higher spec cameras and NVR are only available with trade account.

Therefore wanted to get views on other brands people might recommend.

thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

13 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Hilook is the 'budget' range from Hikvision. Available without trade accounts and more reasonably priced. I've previously bought from Pacetech and have had no issues, they have been quick with delivery for me.
    You can order hik without trade account if you inbox me & i’ll give you the website

And the night vision is fantastic (edited)
    Annke H500 or H800 systems, they are just hikvision cameras rebadged as Annke using Annke firmware. If you do a bit of research you can even flash the hikvision firmware onto them.
    I went on Amazon prime and changed the settings to America and went for the Amcrest setup with 7 cameras ‘ they do PoE and wireless ‘ full HD and the night time view is crystal clear
    I use Dahua cams, got them from a seller on the ipcamtalk forum.
    If you want more of a bespoke solution then you could look at going down the Blue iris software route.
    This has always been my preferred choice as it allows greater control of your cameras and you are not restricted to one manufacture.
    My home setup has, dahua, amcrest, trendnet, reolink all working as one system.
    Reolink or Annke, both available on Amazon
    Avoid Reolink, not saying they are bad but neither would I class them as good. (edited)
    Annke H800, I have this system myself. It’s based on Hikivision (edited)
    Author
    Thanks Guys... let me check the suggestions out.
    Author
    Markp199126/03/2022 10:38

You can order hik without trade account if you inbox me & i’ll give you t …You can order hik without trade account if you inbox me & i’ll give you the website ;)And the night vision is fantastic

Hi Mate... Send you a DM
    Author
    flang27/03/2022 17:34

If you want more of a bespoke solution then you could look at going down …If you want more of a bespoke solution then you could look at going down the Blue iris software route.This has always been my preferred choice as it allows greater control of your cameras and you are not restricted to one manufacture. My home setup has, dahua, amcrest, trendnet, reolink all working as one system.

Thanks. Let me check it out.
    I also run Blue Iris on a desktop PC, have to admit I don’t really make use of most of the BI features as I tend to use the cams inbuilt feature for human and car detection and then get that event to trigger an alert within BI.
's avatar