Posted 11 December 2023

Amazon- Ordered a Samsung galaxy Smart watch received a Mach 3 razor blade

Hey folks,
So I've been an Amazon customer for many years.
Hundreds of orders, a couple messed up and dealt with swiftly by customer service.
Last week I received a parcel for a Samsung galaxy Smart watch. Boxed looked untampered.

Upon opening I discovered a Gillette Mach 3 razor blade !? Have returned the item and now waiting up to 14 days for a refund after speaking to customer service.
Just wondering how does this happen? Mistake when dispatching item? Fraud by the courier?
4259861_1.jpg
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Upon opening I discovered a Gillette Mach 3 razor blade !?

Amazon will reject the return of
    • Gillette Mach 3 razor blade
    as OP image of received item shows
    • Gillette Fusion 5 product.

Regardless, the item you did receive in lieu of the item you didn't receive will be binned as Amazon's policy is to bin items it deems to be incorrect returns.
    To quote Amazon:
    Amazon does not store mistakenly sent items

You will become embroiled in a drearily dull debate with chat bots, chat jockies and legislation-ignorant executive teams.

Amazon will ask you to provide a police report number relating to an unidentified theft of the item you ordered but didn't receive.

You will decline to approach plod as it was not your property that became a victim of the unidentified supply chain issue,
    but you will suggest that Amazon can approach plod to report Amazon's property going missing.

Amazon will struggle with the concept that the legal requirement of "passing of risk" for the originally-ordered item has not been satisfied and the risk still lies with Amazon.
    (note the entirely coincidental appearance of the words "lies" and Amazon" in same sentence).

You will perform a chargeback via your payment card issuer.

Chargeback will be successful.

Amazon will throw toys out of pram whilst closing your Amazon account.

Rinse and repeat.
    ---------------------------------

The above MO was mentioned in similar Amazon switchroo thread June 2023:
    hotukdeals.com/com…407
    Pretty much spot on but DO NOT raise a chargeback unless you want this to be the last time you shop with Amazon. You need to contact mangingdirector@amazon.co.uk and be very persistent until they eventually give in and refund the order. When you eventually get the refund close the account and open a new one.
    It's a lie - that's not a Mach 3 razor...

Still not good though.
    Packing mistake can happen.
    Once ordered Curry sauce, lightbulbs and Rice, I received sauce, bulbs and a laptop !
    So close to making a HP (sauce) vs HP (computer) quip
    Amazon switcheroo. Discussed on this forum many times,
    as is Amazon's rejection and binning of returns (and subsequent battle for refund) that are not the item that the customer has not received.
    I order 1 L'Oréal skin cream and ended up with 1x box of 6. Felt like Christmas. Hope you get it sorted. I did think that expensive items have the pin code thing for the driver to ask for? My new honor 9x was £140 and it had one.
    Funny, I ordered a razor and got a watch!
    I wonder how many complain when they receive something better than ordered?
's avatar