Posted 15 January 2024

Big monitor split into 2

So looking for ideas/solutions. I have 1 laptop with 1 large screen (prob a TV). I'd like the TV to show 2 windows desktops (extended with its own taskbar/icons etc) - basically to impersonate having 2 monitors extended. What do I need to make that possible. Looked at some s/w but most seem to be more like snapped windows for apps rather than running as 2 proper monitors extended. All help welcomed. Thx in advance.
Community Updates
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    The issue with this is that you'll end up with a weird aspect ratio on each "screen".

Considered something like the Mobile Pixels Geminos as a space saving solution?
    8:9 isn't particularly weird, it's not far off 4:5 and 4:3.
    I'd guess you'll need a TV/monitor that supports picture-by-picture at the native resolution of the screen rather than as two small letterboxed image. I've got a ultra-wide monitor that will do this but I've no idea if any TV's can. Then you can set up the laptop to use two external displays and plug them both into the TV.

What is it you are aiming to achieve? Maybe theres a different way to solve it.
    I think I previously used display fusion but can't remember, but lots of software out there that will turn 1 screen into 2 virtual screens as if they were physically separate screens.

windowsreport.com/sof…en/
's avatar