Posted 21 December 2023

Can anyone recommend an Alcohol free beer?

Going alcohol free this xmas, dunno if it can be done but going to give it ago with the intention of going tea total in 2024. Weirdly I can go months without a drink but as soon as I have the one I get a taste for it again.

Not even a "premier" drinker, give me a couple of bottles of bud and I'm chuffed.
Community Updates
New Comment

32 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Lucky Saint is one of my favourites. Aldi’s Rheinbacher is pretty nice, cheap too.
    The market has really expanded in the last few years so you’re spoilt for choice.

Personally I find Heineken, Peroni, Estrella etc a bit sweet.
    I would also recommend Lucky Saint
    Leffe Blonde Zero is pretty good
    I've tried a few, Heineken is not bad at all and the one I use if I'm driving to/from an event.

Cobra is absolutely awful, can't remember the other one but it wasn't great.
    I been alcohol free for years now. Probably tried them all over those years and as far as lager goes I would say Lucky Saint is streets ahead of most. The big branded names are often too sweet. Watch out for sugar content - it is crazy high in so many of them. Erdinger for example would be in my top 5 but the sugar content of that is scary. I could only afford to drink one at a time.
    I quite like Heineken zero, it's got a decent taste but it's also readily available in pubs and restaurants so I can stick with it when I'm out too.

I did try Guinness zero as one of the first as I'm a big Guinness fan, I'm afraid I consider it undrinkable. I know it's highly rated as a non-alcohol option but I poured the other three tins down the sink.

I may have to try the Aldi ones though, I've not tried those yet.
    Husband says peroni 0% is good. Becks Blue kept him awake all night so he avoids that!
    Peroni, Heineken, Lucky Saint, Big Drop are my preferences.
    Author
    People have mentioned Lucky Saint a few times but it has 0.5% alcohol
    The becks, Stella and Heineken ones are good.
    the Budweiser and bavaria ones are disgusting.
    Guinness 0.0
    Ginger beer!
    The good news is nearly all the main brands have an alcohol free version of their beer!
    Hieneken
    Carlsberg
    Tennents
    etc...
    You also have Guinness 0.0 & alcohol free Ciders (isn't that just apple juice!?) and don't forget Shloer! (edited)
    Author
    Didn't know Guinness had an alcohol free version, thanks.
    Big Drop's Poolside is pretty good, until you have the first proper one.. 🍻
    Water
    Read the title has 'recommend an alcohol free bear ' hic
    It's a difficult thing to answer as it a personal choice
    Spoilt for choice these days. My current fave is Erdinger alkoholfrei. But the Aldi ones are very good too.
    Having tried a few myself, some of which taste god awful, I have to agree with a few people above and recommend Heineken 0.0.
    I can't recommend it at all, but you could drink Budweiser, the same thing really, no taste and alcohol free?
    Just normal cans of fosters are like being in a canoo these days
    Got a budvar 0 in home bargains yesterday for 80p which was quite nice.
    Meh, why seek recommendations, when you can buy individual bottles of each and try it all? That's always the best way, imo. Any of them might be your favourite.

Personally, I'm pleb enough that I just go for whatever comes in the biggest bottle. Modern alcohol-free seems all to be a reasonable standard.
's avatar