Posted 30 December 2023

Delonghi Ecam 290.21b coffee machine

I've just got my first b2c machine & wanting some tips/advice on recommended settings. I like to use a big mug & also have a black americano , so what's the best way to make it? As I've found I've got to press the button at least twice to fill the mug up, unless I'm missing something 🙈 . Cheers
Community Updates
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Do a double shot and top the rest up with hot water
    Typical Americano should be 2 parts water 1 part espresso and is always black or its something else.
    You can add more water to get a smoother taste but personally I wouldnt go more than 3 parts water to 1 part coffee.
    The biggest tip I can give is that you need to measure what you make so you can replicate it, once that you make one that you enjoy.
    The cup sizes with my Dinamica aren't very big either tbh, if people want bigger I'll just make two. Another thing is with mine having the milk frother the milk doesn't get very hot so have to stick it in the microwave for 10-15seconds
    Author
    Thanks for this, looks like I'll be topping up with kettle water. Also what's classed as 2 shots? Is 1 grind, 1 or 2 shots? Sorry for all these questions
    You need a double espresso , so it should be one grind but the two cup setting if that makes sense. I don’t have your machine I’m just going from memory of my old delonghi 
's avatar