Posted 22 January 2024

Electric oven recommendations

Can anyone recommend a good cheap but reliable electric fan oven, all the ovens with a good number of reviews online seem to have very mixed reviews. Does anyone have experience of the likes of a Indesit IFW6330 or Beko BBIF22100X?
I am looking for something around the £200 mark range - It is for a rented flat not personal so not looking to spend lots.
Thanks in advance
Community Updates
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Out of Beko or Indesit, I'd go the Beko route.
    Author
    Is Zanussi better, there is the Zanussi ZOHTC2X2?
    Yes, Zanussi are probably amongst the best for cooking appliances in my experience.
    I can't believe they're not much or a muchness? A cuboid volume, an element, a fan and thats about it?
    I've had a Zanussi for about 10 years and no issues at all, seems to cook well.

My mother has a Beko. Initially a rubbish fan-less basic one which took forever to heat up and cook anything, but she's replaced it with a better fan one which she's happy with.

I would say with the Beko, the beeper on the timer is very quiet (it is adjustable but even on max it's not loud). and on both Bekos when you shut the door, unless you do so firmly and gently they do this weird vibrate thing while the door I guess sort of settles into place, which is very odd. I thought the first one was just crap but the better replacement one does it too so who knows.
    Author
    I think there might be differences between lower end/budget models and some higher models with some brands, with the budget models being not so reliable reading from some review - hence asking advice/recommendations here.

Thanks.
    my beko is a pain in the neck, does certain jobs, but brings great anger
    How big do you need?
    Costco have a 13 litre (air fryer) oven with rotisserie for around £100
    I have one, and in the couple of weeks I've had it, it seems to be good.
    But I doubt it would suit a family
    Author
    Needs to be a "traditional" electric fan oven with grill element unfortunately
    You can look for a scratched one on eBay from AO or Currys outlets. Maybe the 25% off is also available at the moment (assuming it is just for a rented flat).

I have bought a scratched washing machine before for an excellent price for my son's flat.
    I'm happy with my Zanussi, although it's a all in one with an induction hob, so cost £800, hopefully the cheaper ones are as good.
's avatar